Half a year-wow

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]Another Simon thread. This cat is going to be the death of me! Tomorrow is his 6 month anniversary with me! That makes him 9 months old now. I can't believe it has been that long,

Thursday nights I have a class, and don't get home until almost 10. I usually stop and pick up a late dinner. Last night it was chicken from Culvers. They have the world's best fried chicken. I always get an extra piece to share with Maxie and Simon the wonder cat. (Scooter refuses to eat people food).

I sit and eat at my computer desk. It is an armoire and has a shelf that pulls out and makes a great table. Simon sits in front of the computer and begs for food. If it is not forthcoming fast enough, he tries batting around me and stealing food off my fork. Then when he can't get to it, he goes and sits under the shelf where he thinks I can't see him. I will be eating and enjoying my dinner, then look down to see a little paw come up over the edge of the shelf and reach around trying to find something edible. I think he would take the food out of my mouth if he could get there!

I had one of those nights last night where I couldn't sleep for anything. I couldn't breathe lying down. I finally wiggled around and got comfortable when Simon started moving furniture in the living room. At least, that is what it sounded like. Either that, or he was beating something against the walls. Then I could hear him digging in the trash can. I was not about to get up and traipse in there, so I just called him. One good thing about my little maniac is that he comes when I call him. He gave his little chirp and barreled in like a herd of elephants.

He jumped on the bed and told me how much he had missed me. "You were sleeping" he told me, "so I got lonesome and looked for mice under the furniture. Had to move it to see if any were hiding there." Now that he found out I was awake, and since I had called him away from his work in the other room, this meant I had to play with him. So we wrestled a while, then I tossed him under the covers. He was in a cave he told me, and I couldn't see him sneak up and bite me! This is where Maxie joined us, and Max said, "that is the biggest mouse I have ever seen under the covers. I must kill it!"

This went on for a while, and now it is 4 AM and I have to get up at 7. So, I chased them both out and finally, finally fell asleep. At 6 AM my eyes opened and I rolled over to try and get comfortable again. My face met warm fur. Seems I was sharing my pillow. "Oh, you're finally awake" Simon said, "I missed you.". I have had many cats and kittens, but none louder than this little boy when he purrs. Which he was doing in my ear. Cuddling was not enough, now he wanted to knead. Like everything else, he does not do that by halves. He does not just flex his paws, he Riverdances!

Still not enough for Simon. It does not express enough affection unless he sits on me and dances. I'd move him back to the pillow, he'd jump back on top of me. This went on until it was not funny anymore. Amazing how far a kitten can soar when you toss him off the bed, (JUST KIDDING!!)

I must have dropped off to sleep, when a racket woke me up. Simon had dug the plastic drain stopper out of the sink and was batting all around in there. That did it, I got up. Went into the bathroom just in time to catch him in mid air as he took off with the stopper in his mouth. "You spoil all my fun", he pouted.

This is just a typical evening with my little nutcase. When the three of them are not playing steeplechase which usually degenerates into a free-for-all where they try to kill each other.

Six months, wow, I would do it all again believe it or not!!
[/size]

P

popcorn

Maybe you should write a book about the 'terrible three'! Thanks for my afternoon entertainment.

Liz

S

ShipMaven

What...no pictures???? :grin

I can't believe 6 months have passed. You need to do another pic of Simon then, and Simon now!

C

conniecat

I will try to get some tomorrow. I just started to make my Simon rant when I realized what the date was. He really is a special cat. (stop eating the paste special? No)

B

BostonsJ

Wow it seems like yesterday. Six months is unreal....... I'm glad the cats are soooo much fun for you.

G

GloBug

Simon belongs to all of us, he just lives with you. He's special, and we all love to hear about the little critter.

D

duskbat

tonite i was watching a dvd and saw a preview for a movie where some guy uses a remote control to control the life around him. sounds like u need a stop button remote control for those cats! then you can get a little roost.

my cat issue this week is pixie my cat gets hair ball gell in his mouth. and he hates it so much he jumps in bed and bites my toes and fingers trying to get the gel outta his mouth. then he also dances on me. no big deal? but the vet said he is 16.5 lbs!

Huggs Connie cat. i love to hear your cat adventures!

S

ShipMaven

"Pixie" is 16.5 lbs., Dusky??? I think it may be time to rename your furbaby! :grin

C

conniecat

wow, dusky, he is catching up with Scooter!

I have to add something about the nutcase. I love to soak in the tub at night, and the cats usually join me in the bathroom. I keep treats in there for them. I poured out some on the counter last night and watched him. He would take his paw, separate one from the pile and bat it off on the floor. Then he would jump down, eat it, then jump back up and do it again. I guess when you are that age you have extra energy!!

C

conniecat

Yes, he is certainly something else He is already giving me enough antics for another post.