Gratuities on Drink Package?

ehthena

Bar Steward
If you have one of the drink packages, I understand that the drink is covered, but do they still charge a gratuity for each drink you get outside of that? I guess I'm asking, if I get Sprite, when I get the drink, will I still be charged the 18% at the time of service? Thanks!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I have never had a package....but I'm sure the tip is added to your account. Will see if I'm right !!:) I mean its a cruise they have to get you somehow.

If you have one of the drink packages, I understand that the drink is covered, but do they still charge a gratuity for each drink you get outside of that? I guess I'm asking, if I get Sprite, when I get the drink, will I still be charged the 18% at the time of service? Thanks!
The price you pay for the drink package up front includes an 18 percent gratuity. When you get a sprite they will give you a slip where you can add on an additional gratuity if you wish but you need to know that you have already paid an 18 percent tip on that sprite. We never add on an additional tip and it’s never been an issue. We still get great service.

Woody14

Bar Steward
Yes the tip is already included as they charge you that when you buy the package, however there are some US ports they may charge a state tax to your account until you are out in international waters.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I have never had a package....but I'm sure the tip is added to your account. Will see if I'm right !!:) I mean its a cruise they have to get you somehow.
Well it wasn't the first time I've been wrong... Won't be the last. I'm sure. Thanks for the post to put everyone right . But 18% hmmmm.