Grand Caymen

C

Callander Girl

Looking for some suggestions of what to do in Grand Caymen. We've been to Stingray City in Nassau, so wanting to do something different. Any ideas?

N

Natalia

A few years back, we did a glass bottom boat tout. It was reasonably priced and I thought it was great. Then just this past April, in addition to Captain Marvins, we did the Atlantis Submarine tour. I thought it was a little pricey, but I also had my 2 kids along this time ( so EVERYTHING was more expensive :lol ). It was a nice tour, but honestly, if given the choice again, I wouldnt spend the money on the sub. I don't really think we saw much more than we did from the glass bottom boat. Yes, we were deeper underwater but the fish, the coral, the plants, the wrecks, etc.... pretty much all looked the same to me. I've also been to the Turtle Farm, that was ok. Glad I did it once but no need to go again. If you are taking kids, this is a bitter/sweet excursion for them. The turtles are fun to see, and we even got to hold one. But then you visit the their cafe, and Sea Turtle Stew in on the menu.... I understand this is a common thing for them, just as a burger is to us. I just wonder if the kiddies get a little upset about it after the fun they've just had seeing and learning about these creatures and how they breed and rehabilitate them. As we were waiting on the bus to leave that day, we got to witness them pulling a few older turtles from their tanks.... we knew where they were headed. Awww... kinda put a damper on it for us. Hell was nothing special. Just some rock formations jutting out of the ground. The snorkeling is terrific here though, if you enjoy that. I havent been to 7 mile beach, but its quite popular so it must be nice. Enjoy our day!!

U

unhcat

I think you should bite the bullet and join your favorite sister and brother-in-law on the Stingray City tour! Just kidding...You forgot to mention that the day we're in Grand Cayman is a "special" day.

Yes, folks, it will be Callander Girls' husband's birthday when we're in Grand Cayman - they need to find some place romantic, fun. and special! :) I'm sure all you great addicts out there can help her out!

R

Rick Weber

> Looking for some suggestions of what to do in Grand Caymen. We've been to Stingray City in Nassau, so wanting to do something different. Any ideas?

We hit Rum Point on each venture. You can see it from SR city and you get food "tons" with the ticket. Snorkle under the pier, look real close to shore and you may get a cool surprise. :)