Got the shot

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Just back from getting the first Covid vaccine shot

Had a minor reaction, but hopefully it will not last too long other than that I feel great
.vaccine.PNG

This is something everybody needs to seriously consider as soon as the opportunity arises for them
if we are going to beat this thing down so we can get on with out lives.
At my age I don't have a lot of time to left and this is taking that precious time away from me.
The test is more uncomfortable that the shot is, I didn't even know she was done. Like a drive through
don't even get out of the car and I was able to order a Quarter Pounder w/Cheese, Large Fry and
a Large Drink, ummm, hope I was at the right vaccination center ...........

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Glad your not having any side effects. Hoping this will be the only round of vaccines needed. :)

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
WE have run out.....

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Looking great as usual Bob! :cool:

/Erik

EMS8

2nd Officer
Bob, have you really received your COVID-19 vaccination? If so, that’s great. Did you get Phizer or Moderna? We hope to get our first shot in a week or two.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Bob, have you really received your COVID-19 vaccination? If so, that’s great. Did you get Phizer or Moderna? We hope to get our first shot in a week or two.
Got Phizer, we are part of My Chart program with Renown Medical and insured through Senior Care/Hometown Health. Hometown has a special program with Renown and an inoculation station set up in thier parking lot. Made an appointment through My Chart setting up a time, when we got to the station it was about 40 minutes in line 10 for shots and 15 cool down for reactions. Check out guy looked at me and said Hey you're looking good, your good to go. Middle of next week we should be able to make an appt for our second shot around 5th of Feb, if it goes as smooth as the first one since we live totally at the other end of town it takes longer for use traveling than it does for the shot.
It is really a smooth shot, totally relax your arm, I didn't even know she was done and I'm not a shot person and the real reaction was my arm was a little tender Sat and Sun, that was it.
First is 50% effective BUT it takes 10 days to reach that effectiveness, then the second shot is about 3 weeks after the first, then it is another 10 days before it becomes fully effective so to reach the 95% effectiveness it is about a month from your first shot. You will get a pile of papers on what where when and why that will explain pretty much everything you need to know.

EMS8

2nd Officer
That’s great news Bob, and thanks for the details. We should know by the end of this week when our turn will be. Hopefully next week if vaccines arrive.