Good Thursday Morning Afters

B

BostonsJ

It is a nasty morning out there. It isn't light yet but it appears we have an icy snow on the ground. It seems to be sticking more to the grass than the street but with the temps low the streets are probably slick. It sure looks as though it is going to be one of those springs where we go from snow to summer with no gradual turning in temperatures.

Work is soooooooo busy we got another family yesterday and who knows what happened last night. What a way to transition into a new manager and without a permanent director yet, and our other director my friend on leave for 2 days. My mortuary should do 2 to 3 cases a week and this week we are already at 6 with more cases expected. Between the two joined mortuaries we are getting as many new cases as the old mortuary I used to work at. They have 10 directors and we have 2. LOL And the other mortuary he manages got slammed yesterday too.

The other office manager and I got busy and have been trying to fill in the gaps, I'm doing what I can to serve the families and she found a retired director to help us out for about a week. Phew. And the other director will be back from leave tomorrow so we just have to get through today! As I was juggling my work for end of the month, working visitations and trying to get contracts entered for him my boss popped into my office yesterday before he left and said Judy I'm soooooo happy you chose to accept the position. He knows that I am good with people and will do whatever I need to to make it right for them.

That is about it on this end.....I hope all you in the heavy rain areas are faring well. These storms here will quickly leave the state and head east so that means more rain for you to the east.

Everyone have a great day! The weekend is within our reach.

R

Rubysky

thcoffee.jpg

Good morning everyone.
Just a bit of rain here today.
It's still dark and I haven't got out of bed yet. Just wishing a cup of coffee would float upstairs.

Judy, I hope you continue to enjoy your new job.

R

reggae

Sounds like you are working like crazy, Judy...but also that the new place sounds a lot better, too.

I was gone all day yesterday, with picking up DD at the airport, going out to eat etc. The weather was gorgeous though, and I told the kids they brought the Hawaii weather to Michigan.

Today I'm going to make a couple orthepedic beds for my neighbor's dogs. She has been asking me for a while, and today is the day. She is a vet tech and does a lot for our pets, like trimming the dog's nails, etc. She won't take any money, so I'll make the beds for her.

She was telling me yesterday that they have a new product out for dogs. It's the drops that you put on their back once a month for fleas (like Frontline), but this also does the heartworm treatment too. It's everything in one product. I like that idea, and will give it a try. Since everything freezes here for the winter, we don't really have a flea problem, but I still treat the animals just in case.

Don't forget Survivor tonight!

D

Donna - dsw

Good Morning Everyone!

Cool here in Northern Ohio - sure wish spring would come. Jim and I walked about 3 miles last night. Been trying to eat better and walk and exercise daily. Need to get some of this weight off. Not bad once you realize you have to do it! lol

Oh thanks for the reminder - I love Survivor!

Need to go to the store and pick out some paint colors. We need two spare bedrooms and our bedroom painted. Jim said to get the paint and he will do it - so I need to get it before golf season starts! lol

Nothing else big here - - hope you all have a great day - - be careful and enjoy!

N

nieciez

Ahoy Afters. We are waiting for the rains to start moving in....later this afternoon I hear. I just hope it holds off till after 6pm as I drive the commuter van home tonight.

Judy, sounds like they have you going 100 miles per hours. I know it makes for a short though stressful day.

Patty, what is a doggie orthepedic bed? Can you post a picture of the finished product. I was considering the product wthat does the heartworm and flea treatment but I hate to treat the dogs for fleas year round when I don't have to. I actually only use the flea treatment when I notice a problem starting...I watch them very closely. Since they don't like to lay out in the yard this has worked. They like to lay on the deck when outside which is 8 feet from the ground. Thanks for the reminder about Survivor too....it's hard to keep up when they change the days from week to week.

Not much else happening here. Hope everyone has a good day.

R

reggae

Denise, I use a special type of foam for the filling. It's pyramid shaped pieces, that are about 2 inches big. It gives a kind of bumpy effect (like the egg-crate foam) but these are individual cubes.

I made the first one for my dog who has lots of aches and pains. It was like a big soft bag, like a bean bag chair, but softer. I noticed he would shape it the way he wanted it, making a clump to rest his neck and head on. He spends a lot of time on the bed, so I think it works.

Then I can pick up the whole thing, give it a good shake, and it all puffs up again. The problem with dacron filled beds, is they pack down, and you can't puff them up once they flatten out.

I make an inner core with the fill, then make the outer cover with velcro that can be removed and washed. Occasionally, I take the inner core to the laundrymat and wash that in the big washer. So it's all washable.

Seems to work well for dogs with aches and pains.

N

nieciez

Cool. I agree the regular filled beds are a pain. Buck has a pretty nice one that holds it's shape from LL Beam and it has a very sturdy denium cover that zipps off for washing. I got the biggest one they have so he can really stretch out and still have room....and now that we have Georgie, they both can sleep on it when Georgie wants to sleep with him instead of us (which he does often).

C

conniecat

Afternoon afters. Well it is so nice to have a clean house, altho it must have really upset Scooter, because I found he had wet on my bedspread and the bathroom rug, too. I decided long ago that is just his neurotic personality, and I just have to put up with it because no one else would take him and I am afraid the shelter would put him to sleep. Besides, except for the wetting, he is a sweet loving cat and I am really fond of him.

Had a friiend come over yesterday to give me an estimate on removing the carpeting in my bathroom and putting down tile or something that can be sealed. I am always afraid of carpeting getting wet and warping the floor. Comes from the old house I used to live in that had bad plumbing and we were constantly fixing the floor. He gave me a nice affordable estimate, so I am having him fix my ice maker on my refrigerator, too. I am looking forward to that, I hate ice cube trays.

Also talked to the kid who is going to remove the dead stuff from my garden and get it ready to mulch. My roses are already budding out. Daffodils and tulips are coming up, but not ready to flower yet. I am looking forward to flowers again.