Good Thursday Morning Afters

B

BostonsJ

Yikes it is in the low 20's here this morning. It will warm up later but a very chilly night. They say maybe some snow for next week. That will really mess up the travelers over Thanksgiving if it happens.

Really need to knock out some online shopping this weekend. I now have a better idea what each of the kids wants so it will get ordered and I'll be done with it.

Other than getting in place for the Holidays and not be doing things at the last minute, not much else going on here. We are going out to eat for Thanksgiving so that isn't an issue. I'm glad we made the decision to go out.

So that's about it folks. Have a great day.

C

Cruise cutie

:wave Good Morning Judy, and Afters..

I am up, showered, and dressed..:worried.. the nurse scheduler called at 7:45AM.. and begged me to go in NOW, and she'd replace my 3-7PM .and I could leave at 3PM..:dizzy yeah right..I politely said no thank you, and I'll do my 3-7PM..:grin she

15 minutes later DS Vicki called,from Maine..she is flat on her back in bed with a tummy bug into the 11th hour..BIL Mark shuffled the kids to school.. she is chugging peppermint tea, and asked if I wanted to have her "bug " for her.. thanks but NO Thanks..:lol...she's my favorite sibling.. come to think of it... she's my ONLY sibling..:grin.. but I pass...

so I am going to ramble out for some errands/ lite Christmas shopping .. just before work, and then do my "bridge" shift and come on home..
so at the moment I am sipping on a cuppa ,and just that.. may get to some vacuuming, and stuff in a bit.. my expectations are low key today as it's pouring, and I plan on a whole lot of nothing..
hope it's a good day for you all...:daisy Joanne

N

nieciez

Ahoy there Afters. It's raining buckets here in the Metro DC area too CC. Temps are dropping like rocks. It was a warm 65 degrees when I got up this morning but suppose to be a cool 50 when I leave at 4:00 pm I just hope the rain and winds stop before as it is my day to drive the van home.

Having the family visit from NJ this weekend...planning on a big family dinner on Saturday....will make lasagna. Other then that, not much happening here. Hope you all have a good day.

M

maw

Late morning here-moving very slow the bath girl was here and got aws bed nice and clean and laundry going for his things. She also rubbed lots of lotion into my legs they were so dry and put my hose on me . Legs have not been swelling much but thought they could use the hose a little more often. Main plan for day is to keep washer churning. Sun is out here shining brightly still a little cool for Paw to go blow leaves

Have my next month excursion planned with Penny she will take me to my heart Dr and the echo-gram I have to have that day then we can have a nice lunch out and go to the mall with my scooter. It was her idea to plan our day out ahead. Son may not be happy with me but I need a girls day out at least once a month.

R

Rubysky

Good morning afters.
Got a load of laundry going.
I have to cook some more chicken dinners. Legs & thighs were too cheap to pass up so it is soup and something else time. I also bought a humongus beef brisket 1/3 was turned into beef soup and the rest was slow roasted and shredded. Now I have to decide if I want to make tamalies or what.

Sometime today or tomorrow I have to go dumpster diving for bubblewrap & packing popcorn behind several gift shops. I need to sort things out in the shipping area too.

D

Donna - dsw

Good afternoon everyone!

Busy day for me at work - also going shopping tonight to finish up a few things I did for mom and dad, as I am taking their things when we go down next week.

Still haven't heard from DS (Jason). They are supposed to come visit this weekend. Always something going on at my place! lol

Hope you all have a great day!

C

conniecat

Good afternoon, Afters. It is so cold here! Last night the temp was around 50 but the wind was gusting up to 30mph and it made the wind chill 33. I didn't have the heat on because I didn't think it would get that cold inside, but it did.

Today was a day when I could just loll in bed and not get up until lunch time, that was the plan. A little 4 pound perpetual motion machine had other ideas. He is driving me crazy. He goes flat out full speed for 6 or 7 hours at a time. Except for a break every now and then when he crawls into my arms and rubs his head on my chin and says I love you mommy. That right there saves him from being locked in the bathroom. The other two cats don't quite have that much energy, but they will join in the chase for a while. All three-down the hallway from the front door to my romm, jump on the bed and bite mommy's toes, then back to the front door and start the cycle again. Try sleeping thru that!

I need a nap. Have a good day all.