Good Sunday Morning Afters

B

BostonsJ

Yesterday was a beautful day near 70 and today is supposed to be in the low 60's. What a joy. This coming week looks like the April showers will be around us off and on. If I can muster a little energy I need to do some raking. You know what they say April showers bring May flowers. :daisy

I didn't get much done yesterday around the house. We had lots of errands to do and then I didn't have much energy in the afternoon. I had to hit the dollar store for things for work. Hand sanitizer and liquid soap and stuff. I found some great mingo plates and napkins for our summer guests too. :grin Then we hit Big Lots and a quick run to Walley World before grocery shopping. So hopefully this morning I can finish up what I have to and then relax and watch the race and just concentrate on readying my work clothes for the week.

I did get my old desk cleared and boy did I get a cold reaction from my old boss. Pound sand was my thought. More and more employees are complaining about her. Thankfully I don't work for her anymore. I couldn't believe how my desk had been trashed. Everything was everywhere and all my supplies had been taken. So I took what was mine and left the mess. When I left that desk 3 weeks ago it was neat as a pin. I checked the all company call list when I was there and I learned we had received 2 more new calls at my new mortuary on Friday night. I'll need my roller skates again this coming week with all of the services. I'm hope the manager makes an offer to my girlfriend this week for her to come over. It is too busy to be trying to do this with only a part-time Director.

I watched the Alvin and the Chipmunk movie yesterday it was cute. Now I'll pack it up for the kids they will love it. And I'm sure learn a few more fresh things from the movie. :grin As the chipmunks were wrecking house I thought, they don't have anything over my boys. :lol :lol

Kaya had his first soccer game yesterday. Sahin was all happy about doing this coaching thing. He said the girls on his team were really good and had played last year. I asked Kaya how he did and he said he scored a goal. Sahin said he did OK but that Kaya was socializing more than paying attention to the game. :lol

Kaya drew pictures last night showing his team and the others. And these are the coaches he said, "they all have big heads". Too funny.

I took Killian for a little walk yesterday. He seems to be perking right up and doing OK. Having few teeth hasn't slowed down his appetite, he is eating like crazy. Today will be a little clip clip day for him. He has a follow-up appointment on Wednesday just for re-check.

So that is about it on this end. A pot roast is going in the crock soon for BBQ pulled beef sanwiches with salad for later.

I hope you all have a great day!

K

Krazy Kruizers

Good morning everyone.

Have some shopping to do to get ready for another cruise.

DH has to get Step 1 on the lawn this afternoon.

C

Cruise cutie

:wave Bunny Sistah Judy...

I am awake (?) on my first cuppa, warming my throat for my rasp voice to surface to yap at you later..:grin.I have a pot roast on too.. it's easy, and will make lunch food for this week..

we still have better than 2 feet of snow outside.:( and I think the rains we have coming this week will certainly help it all go.. it's 38F and rising so another warmer day..

my bridge shift last night was a gem, I had fabulous staff, and the patients were appreciative because another Charge nurse and I "did Dining room".. meaning the ambulatory, patients were served ,and bussed by us..:grin.. we were stuck with numbers being for Lna's during dinner as less than.. so I said to Natalie..I've done this a 1/2 dozen times here C'Mon.. well we trucked on through.. had about 20 folks all done in one hour.. and whooeee the "girls" on the wings appreciated it ,and we still left on time...:).we enjoyed the extra one on one time with the residents it's a not too frequent we can really spend quality time with them.. a real win-win...:).thank goodness for all those years as a server at Legion functions!!...

I came home ,and sat..read through the board but basically wound down, and went to bed at 9PM, some telly on .. fell asleep.. :grin

going to spin some laundry, strip the bed,catch some Napcar, and natter with a special buddy in Golden..;)...... and pray my back likes bowling tonight..:grin.. Take care all..:daisy..Joanne

M

maw

Enjoying my second cup of coffee- So nice to see everyone kinda bubly this morning or is that just how I feel. We have some of Paw's good veggie soup left over for din din today. Lunch will be some finger foods. Paw has his feet up resting and has settled into his morning movie. f course Nascar will be on here later today Rest as you can girls another week of work is ahead

B

BostonsJ

I guess I should have my first cup of coffee in me before I type. "Sanwiches". LOL Ohhhhhhh boy. I actually went back to bed for a bit. I used to be able to work 2 jobs ,take care of the house and kidlet, and go out and party from time to time. I think I'm old! :lol

Everyone sounds good today. That is a treat a real treat to hear! Yack at ya later Joanne. Now I need to really get moving!

D

Donna - dsw

Hey gang - you are all up early - - of course I did laundry, ate and dishes before hitting the aft board to post.

Got steaks out for grilling later as it is supposed be in the upper 60's here today. Sun is shinning and I am heading out the door for shopping. Need to find two dresses for weddings later this summer. Also, need some new tenny shoes as I am walking daily now. Gotta get grocries - - so I better get going. lol

You all have a great day and I will check in when I get back.

Be careful and enjoy!

N

nieciez

Ahoy Afters. It's been raining buckets since late last night...the creek in back is running high. No grass cutting again today :(

Laundry churning and I've been on a clean out kitchen closet kick. Did the corner cabinet first and then the big pantry. Yesterday I did a few of the smaller cabinets. In a bit I've got one more upper cabinet to tackle then I be done.

Ana and little Madison will be going home tonight after dinner. It sure has been nice having them here. DD Jacquie and family head home from Honduras tomorrow but wont get into Dulles till the wee hours of Tuesday a.m.

DD Mindy & Family will be here for dinner tonight...stuffed manacotti on the menu with salad and meat balls.

Not much else new...hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday.

B

BostonsJ

Well I just filled a 40 gallon trash can with the leaves from my flower garden. This winter took it's toll on it. I only see 6 perennials coming up. And this is the time of year to plant Dianthus so I guess I will be going to the greenhouse and finding myself some new ones.

I dragged alot of sticks and limbs down to the field behind us and raked the front lawn too. The front will have to be raked a second time it had alot of leaves on it and the wind is blowing so it is hard to get everything up with one rake. I'll tackle that again and the side next weekend. The side has all of this wild Greek Olive growing that I have got to get cut away and dug up. I hate the stuff. And then my seeds go in. Right now I am on the move to get the glass front door washed and the house done so I can relax later on. I sure got a quick work-out with that rake this morning. LOL Nothing I do is in slow speed I even rake in 4th gear!

K

Krazy Kruizers

Steaks -- we are also going to grill them outside tonight.

DH is cutting the lawn right now.