Good Saturday Morning @fters!

B

BostonsJ

Good Morning Afters. Well the sun is shining after a night of high winds and very cool temperatures. We won't get out of the 70's today. Tomorrow a slight warm-up.

I woke up at 2am with a killer migraine. Nothing was touching it and it was to the point of making me feel nauseous. I got up and took a very hot shower letting the water hit my neck and shoulders. Finally about 3, I was able to lie back down. Right now it is still there but has eased. You know I gave up Coke because I'm trying to lose weight and I've had these headaches ever since. Makes me wonder if it is caffeine withdrawal.

Off early to run errands and then home to hit the ground running with outside stuff. It will be cool enough that I won't be burning up in the sun out there.

The Indy 500 is of course this weekend and we will take a break to watch that. And NASCAR too.

I will pack as much into the weekend as I can. It isn't often I have 3 days off and I'm going to enjoy the extra time.

I'm sure we will all take time also, to reflect and remember those that have passed before us and those that have laid down their lives in pursuit of our Freedom. I'm sure the skies will be full of military jets this weekend doing their fly-overs in honor of our fallen soldiers.

Audra told me Kiarra is learning her colors. When you show her something blue she says blue. When you show her something yellow she says yellow. When you show her something pink she says mine. =lolgang I guess with 3 big brothers the only thing that she can call her own are things that are pink. How adorable is that?

Tell us about your projects or your fun activities planned this weekend! What's up @fters anything fun?

Everyone have a relaxing weekend at least part of the time. Enjoy your activities and be safe if you hit the roads.

K

korinalacount

Morning Judy,off to fly on the run to paint a foyer for my son,I must be out of my mind,I am so sick of painting! Have a great weekend everyone!

C

Cruise cutie

=hugs Sistah.. I am sitting right now... and that's about it.. drinking my second cuppa.. going to churn some laundry, and hang it out, cook some eggs for salads, and have a late brekkie,make my supper for work, shower, pop on scrubs, and head in..

I am SO grateful my "big" shifts for the entire weekend were lasts nights, and tonight.. then 5 hours just Sunday and Monday 3-7PM.. I'll sandwich in racing, and house.and SIT..

they are planning, and scheming and counting that there will be " NO OVERTIME for any nurses and a planned HOLD of 40 hours.. as much a spossible barring emergencies on the floors etc.. for ALL charge nurses ALL three shifts, and NO AGENCY nurses allowed for coverage." as they hired 8 new nurses.." this is from CORPORATE new owners in CANADA!!"..=lolgang.. HUGE HUGE .THIS is the rule and there shall be strict adherence to it or else!!...hehehe...
I have had LESS than FORTY hours THREE times in THREE years.. =shrug..and 2 of them was I had been on vacation the previous week of the pay period!!!!..:grin.. it's going to be interesting to say the least..
and we shall see. today's schedule was perfectly covered UNTIL 2 nurses called down for today last night.. then the covered schedule went right to H*LL .. and if you think you can pull 2 Charge nurses outta your ear on Memorial Day weekend you gotta be kidding.. the other Charge Nurse and I were about ROTFL.. thinking and it's ONLY the FIRST weekend of this new edict!!..and Summer nurse vacations started LAST NIGHT...hehehe

so hope everyone has a good day.
Thanks to all service folks past and present.. lest we never forget the "reasons for the weekend"..:USA....
take care kiddos ..Joanne

M

maw

Sounds like everyone is u and going early today---have done a little housework and then played on computer.

Had a phone call from Popcorn(Liz) she says she and Alf are fine their computer is down. I know she will miss it terribly this week end. Hopefully she will be back on line by midweek. She asked abt everyone and ther storms.

Have a great week end all.