Going on my first MSC cruise

Wijames

My wife and I are going on our first MSC cruise April 19th 2023 on the Seaside and not finding a lot of info on the ship. Is there a coffee shop onboard that's open early? I'm an early riser and usually have a hard time finding coffee at 6 in the morning. Also, am I correct that all of the shows onboard have an extra fee?

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
Last question first: There are no charges for any show on the ship (the production shows are excellent BTW at least a few years ago).

During our two MSC cruises we stayed in the Yacht Club so we did not go out into the main ship areas until well into the day. However, I would bet that the buffet would have coffee, and food, at 6AM. A more recent MSC cruiser may have an update on this.

Wijames

Last question first: There are no charges for any show on the ship (the production shows are excellent BTW at least a few years ago).

During our two MSC cruises we stayed in the Yacht Club so we did not go out into the main ship areas until well into the day. However, I would bet that the buffet would have coffee, and food, at 6AM. A more recent MSC cruiser may have an update on this.
Thank you very much. I asked about the shows because one of our neighbors went on the same ship a month ago and was very upset that they had to pay extra for the shows. I'll try to check with MSC.

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
"Thank you very much. I asked about the shows because one of our neighbors went on the same ship a month ago and was very upset that they had to pay extra for the shows. I'll try to check with MSC."

I hope that charging for shows was an oddball situation. Would be really sad to see cruise lines go in this direction to make more money to cover COVID shutdown losses. Please report back after you talk to MSC.