Funny things our kids say

L

Lisa63

Hucc's post below made me think back to some of the funny things that PizzaBoy has said over the years. Some favorites:

When he was about eight years old, he gave us a tour of his elementary school. When we got to the auditorium, he said, "This is the show lounge!"

Our first time on a plane with a propeller, he referred to it as a "helicopter airplane." DH and I continue to use this terminology.

Please share a few great clips from the kids in your lives...

D

Donna - dsw

We have a hot tub in the back yard - - the kids always said they wanted to get in the "Bath Tub" in the backyard! lol

L

lady-bug

We were looking at a jungle cat book and my daughter pointed and asked what that spotted one was called. I had to think for a second, then said *Ummm, a cheetah*. From then on any spotted jungle cat was called *amacheetah*. It was so cute, I didn't have the heart to tell her she was pronouncing it wrong. :girly

G

GloBug

One time my daughter and I were at the grocery store, and she was still small enough to sit in the cart. Probably all of 3. I expelled some air that wasn't a burp, and she proceeded to tell everyone we ran into at the store that, "My mom farted." She told people passing us, she told the cashier, she told the bagger. Anyone who would listen, she told my deepest darkest secret. I wanted to die.

Twelve years later, when she had her molars pulled, the doctor gave her some Valium to relax her before surgery. It was particularly difficult because the roots of one had wrapped around her jaw bone! She wanted to stop at the same grocery store on the way home to pick up some popsicles, and she was already swelling up. People there that had known her since birth were remarking how swollen up she was, and how much it had to hurt. She just smiled big and said,
"I don't care. I'm high!" She had never taken drugs before (legal or street) and she was really enjoying it! (about 3 hours later, she cared, a LOT!)

C

conniecat

Ah, so many, which to choose? TJ was 7, and we had just bought our first female Siamese, Sabrina, and were planning on breeding her. We were in the car going somewhere, when TJ started talking about Sabrina and kittens. He said, "What pretty kittens Sabrina and Pyewacket would have". I knew I had to explain that Pyepye's chances of siring a kitten had long been left at the vet's operating room. Now TJ was a very intelligent child, and I was never one to mince words, so I began a careful and thorough explanation of the reason he was neutered, and the operation the cat had had. Traffic was bad and I was watching it and not my son. So, when he grew strangely quiet, I looked over at him. His feet were on the seat and he was in a fetal position. "Mom," he said with a quivering voice, "they don't ever do that to boys, do they?"

D

debowah

My son, now fifteen, had much difficulty pronouncing the word "thumb" It always was said with a preceding "S", STUMB. We still refer to that digit as a STUMB, even today.

S

ShipMaven

Enjoyed the stories above.

This happened with a cousin of mine many, many years ago. She was around 4 years old at the time.

We were visiting my late Mom's relatives in Ohio, and this occurred with the youngest daughter of one of Mom's Brothers. The year before when we were visiting, Mary Jean was having problems pronouncing "finger". She would say "singer". My late Dad patiently taught her the correct pronunciation...and when she learned it, he rewarded everyone with an outing to the local soft-serve ice cream store - a favorite with the kids. Fast forward a year, and this time Mary Jean was having trouble pronouncing "hamburger" - she was saying "hambinger". Same routine - Dad set about teaching her the correct pronunciation...with the enticement of the soft-serve ice cream cone. Mary Jean kept saying "hambinger", Dad kept correcting her...and she finally blurted out "BUT I CAN SAY FINGER". Dad stifled a laugh, told her that "finger" was last year and she had to learn "hamburger" first this year, otherwise no ice cream. She learned. :grin

C

Cruise cutie

:grin... was just in Nursing school when I met my future "niece"..-Shannon was only 2 years old when I started dating her "Uncle Pat"..

and Patrick worked at McDonald's and ran 2 of their restaurants .. she was the cutest little towhead, and already in dance school.. she loved to dance.( and graduated with a masters IN Dance from college.)... and we offered to take her to class, and after to where Unle Pat worked..and she called it MCGONGALD's... :grin..and she always stumbled over the pronunciation.. to this day..Shannon calls it that on purpose now.. by age four she had it down OK, but it is forever MCGongalds....Thanks for the memories..:).Joanne

R

rooy

my oldest DD used to call Chips Ahoy cookies "chips OF hoy". my youngest DD couldn't pronounce breakfast ----> she would say

breffixt. they are 25 and 18 and we still use those terms.

H

Hucc

can't think of any Oliverisms off the top of my head right now;

love Pizzaboy's "show lounge" :) ; Oliver will call a hotel room, our "stateroom" sometimes. Kind of cute B)