Free Training - Medical/EMS/Fire/Law Enforcement/Hazmat

C

Calgon1

If there is anyone in the medical, hospital, law enforcement, EMS, fire or emergency management professions ...

Check out [cdp.dhs.gov] There are a bunch of RESIDENT emergency management courses available, for FREE ! Seriously, the training is FREE, the lodging is FREE, the meals are FREE (and darn good too!), your R/T airfare is FREE and your airport parking is FREE. The courses include CE's also !!!!!!!

This is too good a deal to pass up .......

G

GloBug

WOW! I checked it out, and forwarded to DH to check out tomorrow on US Govt. time! LOL! But what a deal. She's a EMT-B... does that qualify?

C

Calgon1

Yes. This is an industry that (fortunately or unfortunately) will be with us for a long, long time. It's growing by leaps and bounds and there is no end in sight. The potential for advancement is fantastic and the pay is very good. No, you don't have to be one of the adreninene junkies, riding the truck/car with the flashing lights. The need for well trained Emergency Managers is astronomical. If someone is looking at a career change (post 'retirement'?), this is a really good option.

G

GloBug

My daughter is going to check into it. Her dad checked it out, and things it's an amazing deal. THIS IS a great thing to see my tax dollars doing!

B

Beryl

Calgon, I hope you meet my husband some day....you will have lots to talk about! He is retired from the Canadian Armed Forces, teaches emergency management classes for the Justice Institute of British Columbia, and is the Emergency Program Co-ordinator for our Regional District as well as being Director of the Emergency Operation Center. In addition, he along with two partners, started up a company several years ago that does Integrated Emergency Response Exercises. It seems to me you have much in common :) !