Fire and Ice 1

red stripe

Staff Captain
Embarkation and first day..

Our drive down to Ft. Lauderdale was uneventful..we saw no deer lol

It was noon when we arrived at the Embassy Suites, and we were checked into a room immediately.​
Our ship will be the only one in port tomorrow, so there are lots of empty rooms.

We were lucky and beat the rain, but it meant that there was no sitting around the pool. So it really was a restful day.

The next morning we went down to breakfast, and I found Cinderella’s slipper!
No explanation for this.. but on one of the walkways there was a large dirty pink slipper! Who walks out of a slipper and just keeps going?

We got the 10.15 am shuttle to the dock, and this was the fastest and easiest boarding ever! We walked right on! And we were already in the cabin by eleven.

Our luggage came swiftly. But unfortunately they had cracked Einsteins suitcase!

And we know that it was done by the ships crew, because we drove down..no flying.. and when we gave the luggage to the baggage handlers, we waited to make sure it got put in one of the roller cages. E has a fear of finding out too late..that our suitcases are still on the dock!
And the baggage handler was very good, no tossing it around. From there it went onto the ship and then removed from the cage.

So.. a brand new suitcase..bought to replace the one that HAL destroyed last year..will now have to be replaced! Thank goodness for duct tape!

We have met a few of the staff from last years cruise, and it is so nice to see how they are doing.

On the first evening we ate in the Bayou restaurant. And saw more familiar faces, and as usual, the food was excellent.
One odd note.. for some weird reason..Princess no longer has Limoncello onboard!

The weather that night was a bit rough, so with all the rocking and rolling..we slept very well. But it sure thinned out the herd the next morning, and breakfast was not crowded at all!

Yesterday was the first sea day, and we checked out the shops..(5 min), and wandered around before going up to the inside pool..that they had drained!!! :oops:

Then there was a welcome event that we went to, and met some nice people, then went to lunch! Never again!!!……..It was TOO good!
We really did not need dinner after that lol

After that..we lazed around on a lounger for most of the afternoon.

We got ready for dinner and went to crooners for a before dinner drink.. sparkling water for me..
And we had some great entertainment!..it seemed that one of the windows had shattered during the storm..and it was just a mess of cobwebs. So they were unrolling a large roll of sticky contact paper to hold it together.. it was a case of “ Too many chiefs and just one Indian”. So funny to watch.

Then it was off to the dining room for dinner. It was great, but I was picking at it. That lunch did me in..

We went to the show..a comic/ magician.

Einstein took me down to the front row, as he knows that I will not see anything if sat back further.

So..the first trick the guy wanted to do required a bill. He asked the audience.. $100? $20..10..?
And he was getting no takers. I felt sorry for him, so said that I had a $10 bill. I stood up to give it to him..but oh no.. he wanted a patsy..ME.
So I ended up on the stage for an uncomfortable few min lol no doubt I am somewhere out there on the internet..in my u comfortable state..because as usual..there were tons of people with tablets recording everything!

But I survived..and he was really very good and funny.

After that, one drink in the lounge with Danial..a bar staff friend from last year.. and it was off to bed.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Embarkation and first day..

Our drive down to Ft. Lauderdale was uneventful..we saw no deer lol

It was noon when we arrived at the Embassy Suites, and we were checked into a room immediately.​
Our ship will be the only one in port tomorrow, so there are lots of empty rooms.

We were lucky and beat the rain, but it meant that there was no sitting around the pool. So it really was a restful day.

The next morning we went down to breakfast, and I found Cinderella’s slipper!
No explanation for this.. but on one of the walkways there was a large dirty pink slipper! Who walks out of a slipper and just keeps going?

We got the 10.15 am shuttle to the dock, and this was the fastest and easiest boarding ever! We walked right on! And we were already in the cabin by eleven.

Our luggage came swiftly. But unfortunately they had cracked Einsteins suitcase!

And we know that it was done by the ships crew, because we drove down..no flying.. and when we gave the luggage to the baggage handlers, we waited to make sure it got put in one of the roller cages. E has a fear of finding out too late..that our suitcases are still on the dock!
And the baggage handler was very good, no tossing it around. From there it went onto the ship and then removed from the cage.

So.. a brand new suitcase..bought to replace the one that HAL destroyed last year..will now have to be replaced! Thank goodness for duct tape!

We have met a few of the staff from last years cruise, and it is so nice to see how they are doing.

On the first evening we ate in the Bayou restaurant. And saw more familiar faces, and as usual, the food was excellent.
One odd note.. for some weird reason..Princess no longer has Limoncello onboard!

The weather that night was a bit rough, so with all the rocking and rolling..we slept very well. But it sure thinned out the herd the next morning, and breakfast was not crowded at all!

Yesterday was the first sea day, and we checked out the shops..(5 min), and wandered around before going up to the inside pool..that they had drained!!! :oops:

Then there was a welcome event that we went to, and met some nice people, then went to lunch! Never again!!!……..It was TOO good!
We really did not need dinner after that lol

After that..we lazed around on a lounger for most of the afternoon.

We got ready for dinner and went to crooners for a before dinner drink.. sparkling water for me..
And we had some great entertainment!..it seemed that one of the windows had shattered during the storm..and it was just a mess of cobwebs. So they were unrolling a large roll of sticky contact paper to hold it together.. it was a case of “ Too many chiefs and just one Indian”. So funny to watch.

Then it was off to the dining room for dinner. It was great, but I was picking at it. That lunch did me in..

We went to the show..a comic/ magician.

Einstein took me down to the front row, as he knows that I will not see anything if sat back further.

So..the first trick the guy wanted to do required a bill. He asked the audience.. $100? $20..10..?
And he was getting no takers. I felt sorry for him, so said that I had a $10 bill. I stood up to give it to him..but oh no.. he wanted a patsy..ME.
So I ended up on the stage for an uncomfortable few min lol no doubt I am somewhere out there on the internet..in my u comfortable state..because as usual..there were tons of people with tablets recording everything!

But I survived..and he was really very good and funny.

After that, one drink in the lounge with Danial..a bar staff friend from last year.. and it was off to bed.
ONly could belong to Cinderella then. No other person would leave it.