Excursions-Martinique,St.Maartin, Barbados

S

Sidetracker

Going to be on the Carnival Spirit in Feb.
Has anyone played golf at Martinique Club De Golf?
Was going to sign up for Carlisle Bay Snorkel and Beach Tour in Barbados and just go to "Everyt'ing Cool Beach" in St. Maartin (have toured St. Maartin before). Any in-put on these excursions or suggestions would be great - thanks!

S

Sunshine

I did the same itinerary on Spirit last year. She is a great ship and I loved the itinerary. We really enjoyed Everyt'ing Cool in St. Maarten. You can save some money by just going there yourself instead of taking the ship's package for it.

In Barbados we did the Isalnd Safari Tour run by the ship. This was truly amazing!!! You travel off-road in Land Rovers and go to parts of the island that are not accessible if your not in a Land Rover. If that sounds like it is of interest to you, I highly recommend it :thumb

Have a great time.

S

Sidetracker

Thanks Sunshine. It sure is great to get info from someone who has been on the same ship and went to the same ports we plan to. Any more suggestions on the ship or ports?

N

Nicks

how much money would you save going to everyt'ings cool by yourself? do you get all the same things? (lunch, drink, beach mat, locker etc)

L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

In Barbados, rent a taxi for $40 (be firm on this!!) and go to Harrison's Caves. It was AWESOME!! They take you on a tram down 160 feet into the interior of the caves. We saw waterfalls, two rivers merging into one and gorgeous pools of water, not to mention the unusual stalactites and stalagmites. It was definitely a highlight of our cruise. If you do this in the morning, it only takes about 2 hrs. max. and then you can take a catamaran & snorkel sail in the afternoon. Admission was about $15 pp.

St. Maarten has great shopping at much better prices than St. Thomas. I'd go to the Marigot area for awhile and then Phillipsburg, all via taxi, for shopping.