Every crazy person in our zip code came into the hardware store yesterday!

G

GloBug

Gees, what a weird day! First, this lady comes in, looking for bungie cords so she can carry her flat box, flat. It's a pizza she's taking on a plane back east. I understand, the things moms do for their kids. Then this guy comes in with a hanging lamp, getting really angry with us because we only sell electrical parts, not actually rewire lamps. Oh, he was angry! He stood in front of the store and glared at us for a few minutes. Then this woman comes in with a suitcase, upset because there are no taxis in front of the store. Um... if you want a taxi, you need to actually call one. She was shocked! Where's she been for EVER? Then a woman calls me, wants to know the weight of 1.5 cubic feet of dirt (um, I danno), and then gets upset with me because I won't take her credit card over the phone. Went crazy when I told her my boss was out of the store, and DEMANDED to know where he was, what he was doing, and when he would be back. CALL HIM. I can't. He's in a meeting. WHERE? I don't know. RIGHT, JUST INTERRUPT HIM AND ASK HIM WHEN HE'LL BE BACK. He doesn't have a cell phone. YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT? It's true. (it actually is true!). She demanded this and that, and I started getting to the point where I was just baiting her to see how demanding she would get. She was unbelievable. Then to top it off, someone's dad came in, wearing a sweatshirt from a local Catholic school, and he was REEKING of marijuana smoke. (I know, cause many years ago, I read what it smelled like!)

My days are usually boring, but yesterday was lots of fun! :D

R

reggae

Was there a full moon yesterday??

Good that you can laugh these things off, Glo :lol

G

GloBug

You HAVE to laugh these things off, or else they will wear you down. I didn't go into great detail, but believe me, there was a lot more detail on each person. ESPECIALLY the dirt nut job. It was all good fodder for conversation.

B

Brian J

I think the world needs to take a couple of cruises to relax and unwind!!:thumb

C

conniecat

Ahhh, I remember those days! I wonder if those people realize that as soon as they leave, we all get together and laugh at them?

I had a guy come in one day painted green, head to toe. The cashier was new, and didn't know what to do so she called me. When I got to the register, the guy just held out his arms in a "ta dah" pose. I told him yes we sold Pepto Bismol, it was on the back wall. He doubled over in laughter and left.

Last year when my back was injured, I had a friend pick up an RX for me. She came out laughing. Someone had, er, squatted in one of the aisles. She just stepped over it and left.

You never know what's gonna happen next.

C

Calgon1

We get 'em too. There's not a single shift that we don't have, at least, one interesting type in the eergency department. I can't believe the number of people who give whole new meaning to the term ..... Huh?

Remember, they walk among us ...

M

Mbandy

Ya know Glo we get them here all the time too. It seems to run in streaks. Normal people for days and then, suddenly, without warning, wingnuts everywhere!!!

Just sing along with the Jimmy Buffett song "Fruitcakes". :lol