Entry into Canada, have an arrest but no conviction, no charges against him

Kelly1234

Need some help, asking for a friend. She and her boyfriend have booked a cruise with princess to Alaska. They will be flying in from the US to Vancouver international airport get on the cruise ship and when the cruise ship returns back to the airport and head back to the states. She was doing some checking and found that Canada can deny you admission to their country if you have been arrested for a dui, dwi, assault, battery, domestic violence, and a whole bunch of other crimes. Her boyfriend 10 years ago was arrested for domestic battery, was fingerprinted, and has a criminal history in the United States data bank. He was not charged with domestic battery, but she said she learned that even though he was not convicted and no charges were filed that this stays on his record indefinitely.She knows from what she is read that if you have been convicted they can deny you entry into canada. But she was wondering since he was not convicted, he had no probation, and charges were not formally placed on him could he still enter Canada or does he need some kind of special paperwork

Kelly1234

You need to get in touch with passport services. Border control.. immigration and customs. Anything rather than following advice given on a board.
I know I need to get with the Canadian consulate, but I was just wanting some feedback to know if anybody else had any kind of problem for being arrested for any other crime and not a conviction and if they had problem getting into canada. I know it's very difficult to get into Canada with a DUI whether you were convicted or not

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Having dealt with the Canadian Government for years........the Advice given by red stripe is good advice.