Enchantment of the Seas will call Port Canaveral home.

Mbandy

Staff Captain
Royal Caribbean will replace Monarch of the Seas with the Vision Class Enchantment of the Seas to continue 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises when the Monarch retires next spring.

Great news for central Florida cruisers!

josephmart

RCL's Enchantment is a great ship, but sorry to hear it will call Port Canaveral home. That port has the worst group of stevadors handling baggage we have ever experienced. Our offsite parking shuttle, along with dozens of others had to wait one hour to be allowed to unload passengers and baggage due to the lack of service provided by the departure baggage handlers who seemed to be doing it for spite or a work slowdown effort. Their excuse was that it was lunchtime and workers were absent, but we saw several of them leaning against columns in defince of the passengers. The person at RCL responsible for negotiating with their union should be fired. We will never use Canaveral again.

82west

Waiter
RCL's Enchantment is a great ship, but sorry to hear it will call Port Canaveral home. That port has the worst group of stevadors handling baggage we have ever experienced. Our offsite parking shuttle, along with dozens of others had to wait one hour to be allowed to unload passengers and baggage due to the lack of service provided by the departure baggage handlers who seemed to be doing it for spite or a work slowdown effort. Their excuse was that it was lunchtime and workers were absent, but we saw several of them leaning against columns in defince of the passengers. The person at RCL responsible for negotiating with their union should be fired. We will never use Canaveral again.

Dang sorry you had a bad time at Port Canaveral, we have never had a issue with luggage, or off sight shuttle service. PC is one of my favorite ports for ease of use and parking. I should say, sometimes the pecking order for D and above embarkation some time get ignored LOL, but so what, it all works out.

Mbandy

Staff Captain
Wow, some new life breathed in to an old thread....

Enchantment is doing well out of Port Canaveral. More ships are coming including Explorer of the Seas in the not too distant future.

There was a story on our TV news this morning that Port Canaveral will be hosting a huge convention of port operators throughout the Western Hemisphere. Part will be over there and part here in Orlando. A huge expansion of the port is underway including plans to widen and deepen the channel to accommodate larger cargo and cruise vessels.

I have cruised from Port Canaveral twice. Both on Disney Wonder and both when I still lived out west. I never encountered any problems at all. The unique thing about our central Florida port is that it is not only a home port for several cruise ships, it is also a port of call for ships cruising from northeastern ports offering excursions to Kennedy Space Center, Disney, Universal and other attractions in our neighborhood.

SUNNYDAY

Able Seaman
Wow, some new life breathed in to an old thread....

Enchantment is doing well out of Port Canaveral. More ships are coming including Explorer of the Seas in the not too distant future.

There was a story on our TV news this morning that Port Canaveral will be hosting a huge convention of port operators throughout the Western Hemisphere. Part will be over there and part here in Orlando. A huge expansion of the port is underway including plans to widen and deepen the channel to accommodate larger cargo and cruise vessels.

I have cruised from Port Canaveral twice. Both on Disney Wonder and both when I still lived out west. I never encountered any problems at all. The unique thing about our central Florida port is that it is not only a home port for several cruise ships, it is also a port of call for ships cruising from northeastern ports offering excursions to Kennedy Space Center, Disney, Universal and other attractions in our neighborhood.

I hope the exployer of the seas will be hosting 7 night cruise.So excited that rccl is bringing back a wide selection of choices for florida. love RCCL. Have so many memories with the children on rccl and every year we cruise sometimes twice a year.

SUNNYDAY

Able Seaman
i have never had a problem with port canaveral. I guess it happens. sometimes you can get bad customer service anywhere. My experience has always been a good one though.