Elliott is back in the hospital again!

M

MARIPOSA

Today's update from Cindy:

Spoke to the doctor myself on the phone today. Elliott will be getting a spinal tap tomorrow. What they think they see is bleeding in the brain. I now remember that they saw some back in October as well that resolved itself. But they think this is new and caused by having basically no platelets. Dr Hayani has given him a lot of platelets and his number is at 70,000 now. Keeping it up there is the challenge. They will also be checking for relapse. His hip problem is muscle related and probably due to the cycosporine

He still is on a lot of pain medicine and uncomfortable. I am not sure what the next step will be but Dr Hayani is doing the spinal and we, especially Elliott, feel better about that. He loves him and feels safe with him. They are also having problems with his pic line now so I am waiting to find out if they need to replace it or what. I am trying to hold it together but today has been a little rough on me. I am tired and I miss the boys. I will be stopping tomorrow on my way home from work and having dinner with them. That is all I have for now. Thanks for checking in.

C

connie seabee

I'm so sorry that Elliott is having these problems, my thoughts and prayers are with him.

C

cycofan

I read the update this morning and afternoon. The battle continues for the young warrior! Prayers for all of them!

P

popcorn

They just aren't getting any breaks are they? At least Elliott is comfortable with the dr. Prayers and best wishes are going out to the whole family. Maybe the Easter Bunny willl bring a lucky charm.

Liz

N

nieciez

Sorry to hear of further setbacks...will keep on sending those prayers Elliott's way.

M

Mbandy

I always remember Elliott and the whole family in my prayers :angel

Here's hoping for better news.

W

Whimsy

I don't always post but I do follow Elliot's progress. I think of him and his family often. Hope he gets better soon.

C

Cricket

Cindy, Elliott has proven he is a fighter and now that the doctor found out what the problem is, he can help more efficiently. keep on being strong as your prayer warriors are working hard! I believe that just the fact that the doctor found out his problem with the bleeding is an answered prayer to us.

H

Hucc

so sorry to hear of the setbacks -- prayers do and will continue

:king Elliott == we're with you, friend

W

Wuollebear

I also follow his progress and he and his family are in my prayers every day. I hope he is almost over this illness. He sure is a fighter, one strong young man.

E

elliottsmama

Many thanks for the warm wishes. He is still in the hospital with many unanswered questions but I do have some Very GOOD news. A bone marrow and spinal test was done today and the cancer HAS NOT returned. Just keep praying we can clear up the rest of the issues so he can recover.
Thanks friends

Hucc~ Love the King smily:D

E

ewheelock

That is great news, I am sure that you are relieved about that.

Prayers are still being sent for a speedy and full recovery.