Drinks Packages

This is my first time cruising and also my first time with Celebrity. I am slightly confused by the Drinks Packages. A Premium Drinks Package costs A$132 per person and the Classic is A$108 per person. I wonder is it better to buy a package or to purchase on board drinks as you go. It seems a lot for drinks. Is there a limit? What have other people done? Would a person really drink A$660 per person for 5 days? For 2 people that costs A$1320 which is only $A500 less than what it cost for the Cruise for 7 days for one person!!

old guy

2nd Officer
Hello Mark I am certainly no expert on this topic, however my wife and I always purchase the premium package this allows you to get any top shelf liquor and of course bottle water and coffees. It really depends on how much you drink if you and your wife don't drink all that much you can just sign for your drinks and have it charged to you ship board account but the more you drink the bigger the surprise you may get at the end of your cruise with a drink package you don't have to worry. There is no limit on the number of drinks but most people probably won't drink enough to break even for what you pay for the package. It's a toss up the only advantage to the drink package is you have already paid for drinks before the cruise. I would say if you plan on having a large number of drinks while on board get the package if you only plan on a few drinks everyday forget the package. The premium is better but the classic will be ok if you only want well drinks from the bar and domestic beers. A lot of people get the premium package for the wine selection. The last cruise my wife and I went on I tried to break even on the premium package. I gave it a go but didn't really break even. However most of the bar tenders knew me so well that when I headed toward the bar they had already opened a cold Stella Artois and handed it to me smiling. Good luck on your cruise I hope you both enjoy your first cruise but beware usually one cruise and you will be hooked for life !

George C

Staff Captain
Depends on what you drink , if you are a beer guy or order general drinks like rum and coke or house wines classic is fine , if you want the better wines , scotch etc go premium. Not sure but I believe premium gives you any drink up to a 15 dollar cost which is almost everything but if you find a wine that is 17 you pay the 2 dollar difference. Not sure what classic is assume maybe 9 dollars so if you order a 17 dollar class of wine you would pay 8 plus tip. Both have unlimited amounts of drinks.