dressing up on celebrity cruises for 2022

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Yes BUT not nearly as much as before. Baggage cost on air tickets now kinda hurt the budget and formal nights are really just nice clothes required. Its your vacation. Be as fancy as you want. I think I just wore a jacket and tie last cruise a couple of times. Once cause it was cool in the dining room.

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
We were on the Reflection in January for 10 days and there were very few people dressed up. I just switched from short sleeve nice casual shirts to a long sleeve shirt for both dress-up nights. My DW dressed a little more dressy, but not much more than any other night. We were not alone in how we dressed. I do not remember if any dressed formally, some men wore coats with, or without, a tie.

Unless you like to dress-up, I would not put much effort into this. IMO, I think formal, chic, or whatever a cruise line calls their dress-up nights will soon be a thing of the past except for a couple high end cruise lines.

George C

Staff Captain
We were on Edge in July found dress in general very casual much more than in past , I had on dockers and a short sleeve shirt every night.

Wendywoo

We are due to sail with Celebrity Edge on our first cruise. Do men have to wear long sleeve shirts on the Evening chic nights or are short sleeve shirts or polo shirts ok?

Jacobberchtold

It has been a few now since we have cruised on Celebrity and my husband and I were just wondering if people are still dressing up for dinner?
Casual, comfortable attire like T-shirts shorts, Jeans and skirts are all fine clothes to wear on a cruise ship.

Last edited by a moderator:

mahdnc

During our Constellation TA which we concluded at the beginning of this month, I counted approx 30% of the men were wearing a suit during the Evening Chic nights.

George C

Staff Captain
Just got off Beyond there was a boy and his father on elevator boy about ten had a nice pair of shorts on for dinner and was told he had to change they were eating in blu , Luminae has same sign for dinner no shorts no problem for breakfast and lunch. About a third of the men had jackets on evening chic night and saw one tux.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Yes BUT not nearly as much as before. Baggage cost on air tickets now kinda hurt the budget and formal nights are really just nice clothes required. Its your vacation. Be as fancy as you want. I think I just wore a jacket and tie last cruise a couple of times. Once cause it was cool in the dining room.
“ I think I just wore a jacket and tie…”

it boggles the mind…..