Doc's from HAL

T

TripleM

First time cruiser here worry about our doc's.

We're scheduled for the 9/14/02 sailing of the Amsterdam and were told to expect our doc's about 30 days prior to sailing. I noticed in another post for the same cruise a wek later than ours that Kirk had received his doc's yesterday. Is when you get your doc's based on HAL, the travel agent or some mystery schedule.

Any help is welcome.

thanks

MMM

C

CruisinTex

MMM, if you aren't going until 9/14, you have plenty of time. Sometimes HAL issues docs later, sometimes a TA is out for a few days and can't get them to you, sometimes all sorts of things can happen! I've gotten docs as early as 2 months before the cruise and as late as 10 days before. You'll love the Amsterdam.

S

sail7seas

HAL consistently has docs out a minimum of three weeks in advance and usually earlier than that. If you booked you own air, you probably will get them earlier than if HAL arranged your air. It depends on your individual TA how long he/she takes to review and check them and let you know they are in. Some let them pile up on their desk until they get to them. Others get to reviewing them ASAP

K

Kirk

We did not use HAL air...that causes the doc to go out much earlier.

Don't worry. They won't forget you.

R

rocster

On the Westerdam back in 97, my docs arrived the week of the cruise. The othe two HAL cruises my docs arrived 10-14 days prior.

J

JOHN(NJ)

Seems like it is a part of the pre cruise anticipation. You have everything ready and they are the last things you get. One final worry. But how good you feel when you have them in your hot little hands !!!!!!!!

T

tomc

Got mine one or two days in advance once. I think the originals had something wrong and HAL sent out a second set.