Do you remember?

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Actually yes, but $175 was a more than I could afford for a vacation back then not to mention getting to the port, I lived in Las Vegas around that time.

Ali

Staff Captain
I just graduated from grade school so cruising was not in my future...little did I know what would happen in the future. :emoticon 0140 rofl: I do remember cruising out of San Juan on the Monarch in the 90's and paying more for my airfare than the cruise...ahhh those were the days.

George C

Staff Captain
I started doing cruises to nowhere in 1975 2 or 3 days about 100 bucks, my first 7 day cruise was 1977 7 day cruise from nyc for 600 that was for a single cabin, doubles were just 400 per person.

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
Do you remember when gasoline was 15 cents a gallon??? I know this is going to date me but what the 'ell ---- I'm old!!!! But not in mind!!!

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
I remember when it was $.50 and later thinking how expensive premium Shell gas was pricey at $1.06 in the late 80's.

It's funny you bring this up. Someone on social media posted saying get ready for $4.00 gas again. Sad but, probably true. Seems like it alternates with every other new presidential admin.

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
I remember when it was $.50 and later thinking how expensive premium Shell gas was pricey at $1.06 in the late 80's.

It's funny you bring this up. Someone on social media posted saying get ready for $4.00 gas again. Sad but, probably true. Seems like it alternates with every other new presidential admin.
AMEN and I have been through enough Presidents to know this is true!

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
12 cents during a gas war........