Do you have pets? If so, what kind? (Share Photos if you can)

islandgirlejfan

Youth Counselor
We have an English Sheepdog as a granddoggie. We love pets, but we will just take care of the son and DIL's dog when they cruise or travel. Our lives are too busy now to give a dog the care it needs and I don't feel it would be fair to the pet.

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
Well guys, don't have Pepper anymore, he was 14 an he was put to sleep back in Aug 21, sure do miss him alot. This was Pepper taken 10 yrs ago!!:emoticon 0106 crying::emoticon 0106 crying:

Attachments

• 008 - Copy (3).JPG
    008 - Copy (3).JPG
    840.2 KB · Views: 0

bostongal

Staff Captain
One cat, Gandalf. IMG_20230331_154859.jpg

red stripe

Staff Captain
OK..being serious…
we have had wonderful pets over the years, Einstein raised Golden Retrievers. The last golden unfortunately died the year before he retired.

and.. that last goldens name was “ Einstein “..

and that name came from a Dean Koontz book titled “ Watchers”.
so now you know where Einstein got his board name from.

And……on our bookcase is a signed book from “ Trixie “…one of Deans first Goldens…
We had a lot in common.

and the cats….. all were so lovable. But the one that stands out to me was..” Buddy “.. he was a character! When he was ready for breakfast…no use trying to stay in bed! He knew the cupboard were his food was, and he would open the door with his paw..and then let it slam shut.
he kept that up until you got up!

for Einstein..the cat that stole his heart was “ Missy”.. every morning as he was getting ready for work..Missy would sit in the edge of the bed and “ talk” to him..she was very vocal.

And… all of my cats were trained to use the regular toilet!
just flush and forget..

When we retired, we knew that we were going to travel more, so it would not be fair to have pets..for instance..last year we did 10 cruises, and were gone for over 7 months!!!
no one that travels that much should have pets.

But..oh how we miss having them!

chris1805

Youth Counselor
look at my profile ... those two beautiful Airedale Terrier are no longer with us. We also lost our Mia in March.
We will not have another dog in the near future. We want to travel without thinking about our beloved pet
when we are gone

Attachments

• Foto0147.jpg
    Foto0147.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 0

red stripe

Staff Captain
Chris, agree.
We were OK while still employed when there was only one cruise a year , and usually it was no longer than 14 days max. But in the retirement travel years, we are gone too often and for too long to have any kind of pet. It would be selfish and cruel on our part.

But I know that one day things will change again, and we will welcome critters into our home again.

red stripe

Staff Captain
But even though we do not have pets.. we are never far from critters.. I have a squirrel that eats breakfast with me.. no pictures, as he scares easily.. and the sandhill cranes seem to think that Einstein is one of them! he can not go outside without them rushing up to see him. and food is not a factor.
Twins Garry & Gretchen (20).JPGTwins Garry & Gretchen (27).JPG