Do any of your neighbors leave their Christmas decorations up all year long?

G

GloBug

My next door neighbor leaves her nativity scene year round. All the statues are about 4 ft. tall, and the creche is an old coffee table. Under the coffee table is a baby donkey. There is no Baby Jesus. I see it every day. It's lovely. :cool:

In November she will put up a 7 ft. tall Rudolph made of PVC pipe, outlined in white Xmas lights. That says up for about 6 or 8 weeks.

Does anyone in your neighborhood leave their Christmas decorations up all year?

B

BostonsJ

They don't leave up much but you do see those white ice shaped lights hanging from the roofline here and there.

P

popcorn

Our complex is not allowed to have even lights still up after Jan.31. The complex that we lived in before we moved here, one lady had a real live tree in her living room all year round!

Liz

B

Beryl

Some people leave up the Christmas lights along the roof line! Can't say I've seen any Nativity scenes left up all year long though! Someone in the next block still has green garland accented with red plastic pointsettias wrapped around his front door ::eek:::eek: ! I'm happy to tell you that our outdoor lights and ornaments have long since been put away. :)

S

SueC

Every night when I leave work I see a fully lighted pine tree in the yard across the main road. The reflection in the window makes it look like there's also one still up/lighted in the front window. At least I HOPE it's a reflection.
Our complex also requires the lights and decorations be down by the end of January.

Old political signs are also one of my gripes. How do cardboard signs last so long?? =huh

K

Krazy Kruizers

No Christmas decorations up all year around our house. But about 3 blocks from us, people keep their icicle lights up all year.

D

Donna - dsw

See alot of trees with lights on them - - just white lights and then they put the ornaments on them as Christmas time.

G

George C

One of the few good thing about a home owner association is that they will not allow that

J

Jstchlin

Funny you should bring this up, my neighbor just took theirs down yesterday, finally! They had lawn decorations blown all over and broken and had lights and garland half hanging off the roof line. It was an eyesore to say the least.

M

maw

We have left some of lights up in big pines around our yard. Each year Paw has added a new string on lower art. There are some in back yard he can't get to from lawnmower so they are still there. Maybe s he manages to walk more he can get some of these cleaned up. Darn squirrels picnic on the wires and bulbs along the back fence

N

nieciez

A few houses here and there in our subdivison have those icicle lights haning still along the roof line and I noticed the other day a house with wreaths still up on the shutters. My DD Jacquie has a couple strings of white lights (with green wire) still in the cherry tree in the front yard. They've been there a couple years and I don't think they work anymore as she didn't hook them up this Christmas. With the tree in full bloom now you wouldn't know there were there. I don't know whey they don't take them out of the tree when it is bare and throw them away. But a LOT drives me crazy at her house (that use to be ours) but it isn't our's anymore and so we keep our mouths shut, LOL Little things that could clean up the area and make the outside look so much better. I am embarassed that it looks so trashy.

C

cycofan

It's a lot easier to find a nice day in November to put them up than a nice day in January to take them down! We have a few lined rooftops in our neighborhood yet, but for the most part people are good about getting them down.

S

shadoesmom

I still have my winter (not Christmas) wreath on the front door. It has snowmen and icicles on it. It says Let it snow on it a few times. So far it snows every once in a while. :) I'm waiting to see if a friend takes it off.

T

tw1nk1es

Well, our 92 year old neighbor leaves his lights up all year. If they were taken down, it would have to be by us and then we would just have to put them back up next year. They are all clear lights and I kinda like them anyway. We don't do outdoor decorations at our house. We just told the kids to look at everyone else's hard work!

Besides, if the neighbor's lights were down, then we would have the tackiest house in the neighborhood:girly

R

RosieRosie

All of the townhomes in our subdivision have private courtyards in front and back. A lot of people have white lights on the trees in their courtyards and leave them up all year - no one minds because no one else can see in. We're required to take down outside wreaths a reasonable time after the holiday. Our association is very restrictive about what we can put outside our courtyards. The regulations for outdoor decorations makes for a very nice looking neighborhood.

I

iluvcruzin

I used to put up lights on the house until about 10 years ago. It was so cold that year that I didn't take them down until the end of April. After that - I don't bother. My neighbors usually have theirs down by the end of January.