Deluxe Verandah Suite Benefits?

D

Doug44

I've tried to find a list of benefits for cruisers in the Deluxe Verandah Suites on the Amsterdam (Alaska), but have not found more than tid bits here and there in message boards? Any definite lists out there?

Is it true that dry cleaning / laundry is free for suite mates? This would impact packing I suppose?

Doug --

Alaska 2003!

B

Bruce

Doug,

The best I can remember,

Bathrobes
special towels
mini bar
VCR, this may be in all cabins, I don't remember
personalized stationery
high tea each afternoon in your suite
Hors d'oeuvres each evening en suite
cocktail party with the captain
usually a luncheon with the Captain
corsages and boutonnieres for first formal night
complementary laundry and dry cleaning
disembarkation at your leasure

space glorious space, larger balcony than mini suite

C

cruzbum

The VCR's are only in the suites and mini-suites. There are movies available free from the Purcer's office for those with the VCR's in their room.

S

sail7seas

Also:

bouttinaires and coursages for the first formal night;
Exclusive use of Neptune Lounge for ships that have one;
Concierge Service for ships that have one;
Priority Embarkation;
Tender Passes

A

ashuma

The Amsterdam has the Neptune Lounge for exclusive use of suite passengers, with more personalized concierge support. Plus on the Amsterdam suite passengers are not limited to one reservation in the alternate restaurant (The Odyssey). Also there is priority in disembarking during port calls. Think the others captured all the other bennies.

K

Kirk

Don't forget the suite dinner in the Odyssey. Wonderful evening. Is usually on the second formal night.

L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

Are the priority tender passes for Half Moon Cay also? Does the cabin steward or concierge have them or do you have to go to a lounge to get them?

:? :? :? :? :? :?

S

sail7seas

Tender passes will be left by your cabin steward the night before a tender port.
Suite dinner in the Odyssey/Marco Polo is only on cruises of ten days or longer.

L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

How neat! We don't even have to ask for them! Great! :thumb

Thanks for the help, Sail. :wave

D

Doug44

Thanks for all the info.....we can't wait! Let me know if there is anything else that has been left out.

Doug

Amsterdam 2 Alaska 2003

S

sail7seas

There is always a nice bottle of champagne chilled in a champagne bucket when you board that is a welcome aboard gift from the Captain and Hotel Manager.

If you desire, you may bring it to the dining room to enjoy with your dinner. The Wine Stewards are happy to serve wine/champage that is a gift to you and supplied by HAL (such as from your TA or friends/family etc) in the dining room...no corking fee as long as it was supplied by HAL.

C

CruisinTex

Doug, all laundry and dry-cleaning is no charge. Also, when you first get on board and unpack, if any of your clothes are wrinkled you can give them to your cabin steward and he'll have them pressed. My hubby loves the laundry service because he packs less and keeps sending clothes to the laundry or dry cleaner.

Regarding the Concierge that has a desk in the Neptune Lounge - utilize this service rather than standing on lines at the Front Desk or Shore Excursion Desk. Saves lots of time and inconvenience. And if you want some pretty good coffee in the morning, IMHO it's better in the Neptune Lounge than in the Lido. They also have little munchies in the Neptune Lounge all day long. There will be a champagne party and "meet the Captain" in the Neptune Lounge first thing.

We were on the Amsterdam through the Panama Canal last year in one of those big suites - you'll love it.

L

lougee1043

the mini bar is not free- it is charged to your cabin
high tea and pre dinner snacks have to be ordered thru room service they are not automaticall delivered. would suggest ordering them in the am for a specific delivery time or you might have to wait for up to an hour

full suite passengers can have breakfast and lunch in a private room. if desired