Cruise history

Hi guys! We are taking our third Carnival cruise in April. Carnival's website indicates that this will be our first cruise however. When I called Carnival, I was told there was no way for them to look up our previous cruises (both in the past 10 - 15 years). We have sailed on Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity within that time period and all them list previous cruises. The travel agency we used has gone out of business so I can not get that info from them. Does anyone know if what I was told by Carnival is true or did I happen to get someone who did not understand what I was asking? Thanks and happy cruising all.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
All I can pass on is a previous experience we had. Our first cruise was with Carnival on the Tropicale in 1991, two years later we did the Mexican Riviera on the Jubilee, then the next year a second cruise on the Jubilee. Tropicale surprisingly is still in service being leased by current owners for charters and as we speak Jubilee is being turned into knives and forks in Bangladesh. Down the road we were booking another cruise on Carnival and in bringing up our cruise history and as with you, Tropicale was not listed and neither was our first cruise on the Jubilee, maybe not a big deal but losing the two cruises meant we were not able to get a free upgrade do to the position it put us in in the loyalty pecking order.
So, like you, off to the Carnival i go, like you I get, "ship happens" and the more I thought, more I didn't like it so called back, this time got a gal, that said she felt my pain, asked her why, someone just stab you in the back?. Anyway, she really was helpful, she explained that their way of tracking past cruises was going through a big overhaul and as old as my cruises were they were just not picked up by the system, OK what do I do? She said best thing is to come up with whatever I could to prove I was on those cruises. Best thing you can get your hands on is that here we go again "boarding picture" but God bless it it gives the date and usually the cruise, and lets face it they don't really want to loose you as a customer and what's a cruise point to them, they bought it, at least for me.
The trick is to come up with stuff, any stuff that can prove you were on those cruises then go back and be nice but be persistent.
Hope this helps

All I can pass on is a previous experience we had. Our first cruise was with Carnival on the Tropicale in 1991, two years later we did the Mexican Riviera on the Jubilee, then the next year a second cruise on the Jubilee. Tropicale surprisingly is still in service being leased by current owners for charters and as we speak Jubilee is being turned into knives and forks in Bangladesh. Down the road we were booking another cruise on Carnival and in bringing up our cruise history and as with you, Tropicale was not listed and neither was our first cruise on the Jubilee, maybe not a big deal but losing the two cruises meant we were not able to get a free upgrade do to the position it put us in in the loyalty pecking order.
So, like you, off to the Carnival i go, like you I get, "ship happens" and the more I thought, more I didn't like it so called back, this time got a gal, that said she felt my pain, asked her why, someone just stab you in the back?. Anyway, she really was helpful, she explained that their way of tracking past cruises was going through a big overhaul and as old as my cruises were they were just not picked up by the system, OK what do I do? She said best thing is to come up with whatever I could to prove I was on those cruises. Best thing you can get your hands on is that here we go again "boarding picture" but God bless it it gives the date and usually the cruise, and lets face it they don't really want to loose you as a customer and what's a cruise point to them, they bought it, at least for me.
The trick is to come up with stuff, any stuff that can prove you were on those cruises then go back and be nice but be persistent.
Hope this helps

Thanks -- I think:). At least I am not alone. The only documentation that I might have are CC records of payments which may have cruise reference info. I tend to discard materials a few months after each cruise, and such payments might have been to the defunct travel agency . We used them for multiple cruises so that may not help. I guess we will have to consider ourselves "newbies" on our upcoming cruise. Thanks again!

Last edited:

bob

Staff member
Good Luck......................
But don't discount any records even if they are to the travel agency. If it shows the booking # and or dates it could help you out, but is it worth the effort.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Had a similar problem with Celebrity when they went from old Greek records to a new system due to the sale to RCL. Used all sorts of old pieces of paper and stories and convinced them that I was so valuable they counted most of them. Not all but most. Somewhere don't you have an old picture ? Every once in a while try phoning again and a new agent.

bob

Staff member
Wait a minute .............
Going from an old Greek system to a new Greek system.... What's the problem? Doesn't matter it's all Greek to me...

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
It got really confusing when RCL bought them. They also took the little round black olive slices off the top of the eggs benny. I've been threatening to switch to another line since. I still might, Anyone looked at Viking Ocean Cruises

bob

Staff member
Is that the line where all the crew wear helmets with horns? And you can participate working in the oar room

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I think that’s only on their river cruises any more and they just use poles. The poles don’t work so well at sea.