Cruise Cutie's rhubarb bars........

H

H2O babe

are delicious! I couldn't wait for them to cool so I cut into them and ate two huge pieces while they were warm. Went fabulously well with a tall glass of ice cold milk. The only change I made was to up the rhubarb from 1 and 1/2 cups to 2 cups. They are great. Thanks again, cc, for the recipe.

K.

C

Cruise cutie

:grin so glad they were yummo Kay and it's a stinkin good thing I =love you... this low carbs stuff is REALLLLYYYY getting old lately..=hammer..

you're killing me Kiddo!!...hehehe.. I froze all my rhubarb ready to pick yesterday to resist baking tomorrow...

and I always add extra for fruit too!!..:grin..

29 days and counting till vacation and real yummo eats!!..:lol..=hugs Joanne

L

Lisa63

I'll have to try these. A friend made a rhubarb pie for me for my birthday last week, and it was fabulous! I'd never had it before, and now I'm hooked.

I suppose I'll need to learn how to use the kitchen... but this is definitely worth a try.

Lisa63

R

red stripe

Lisa, I think that Rhubarb should be on the "endangered plant" list :lol
No One should be allowed to dig them up, and everyone should get a subsidy for planting them :lol

And cutes... remember, I do not have as much to harvest as you, I am getting it one pie at a time :grin
Right now I need to come up with something to protect my Raspberry's, the birds have found them this morning. I do not want to cover the whole thing with a net, as a net makes it hard to pick, plus it can sometimes trap birds. So I am thinking about a few yards of that Christmas gold sparkle garland :lol

C

Cruise cutie

Actually Red my patch size is about the same as yours..remember I moved, and the clump I took from the "old house" is just slamming to move..in size..so I am cutting it back, re-watering fro new growth etc.. so I am literally in the same way as you..now MY MOMMAS is HUGE!!.. but it's in Maine, and she has critters; it's mowed back from etc.and I am lucky to get home 2x in the Summer for visits as the nurses rolling vacations are crazy!!..:dizzy... and DS Vicki does not care for it..so I am as you one pie/squares growth at a time.. BUT it's getting BIGGER each year, and I have a "back up baby patch" just in case...:grin..
PLUS I can always call Ronnie for extra just for "handouts".. his is a 25x15 foot patch!!..=eek..

and it's better than 30 years old....:cool:.. hence the culling it to grow giveaways...:lol.......Joanne

C

Cruise cutie

Thems fighting words in this neck of them thar woods back east here Mr bOB!!..:grin..Put 'em up..Your dukes that is....:)

R

red stripe

cutes, I made them yesterday, and I also did the 2 cups thingee.. as you know how I love Rhubarb.... :lol
and they were smashing.. in fact I had one for breakfast with a cuppa.
I am thinking about playing with the recipe even further... perhaps by layering a LOT of cut rubarbin the bottom of a deeper dish, and then mixing this up as per your recipe, and adding that to the top? it would be like the ultimate crumble.. what do you think?

T

tango55

Hi there. Just went to the recipe tab and it wasn't there? Did someone post the recipe and I missed it?

Would sure love to have it.

Thanks, Terry

C

Cruise cutie

:grin UT OH Busted.. I actually use a smaller size coffee cake size pan..DEEPER dish and get mine much higher, and add more crumble.. bigger thickness and deeper bar and adjust the temp but then again there is NOTHING like a rhubarb lover..=love.. =lolgang you are FAST at this game Val!!....=hug..BUT then again I am not surprised.. I tweak my recipes all the time.:grin...same with my kitchen sink brownies....:grin..

Terri here you go..copy and paste from a group cruise forum..:) last week..

Hey Red..I am pretty sure you have my rhubarb squares recipe..at least I had sworn it went to recipe place here on @ddicts..guess not.. Hmm hang on off to grab it..

Rhubarb Crunch..

3 cups diced peeled, rhubarb
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour ..mix all together and ..set in greased 13x9x2 inch pan..

preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Topping
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup old fashioned Quaker rolled oats
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
combine Br sugar,oats, and flour .. cut in butter & Crisco till crumbly.. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture
Bake 40 minutes cool.. serve plain or with Cool whip topping or favorite home -made whipped sweet cream ...

enjoy all..:)..Joanne

R

red stripe

cutes, I still do not see it posted in the Cruise Addicts Recipes :lol

for those who wonder where it is, look at the top of the page, go to "forums" scroll down to "cruise topics" and it is at the bottom of that list.