Crown Princess to Hawaii

Jackiel3290

Deck Crew
We are booked on the Crown Princess from LA to Hawaii for February 15. This is our first cruise on Princess and our first to Hawaii. We would appreciate any advice, especially for packing for this time of year. I have been to Honolulu in January before, so I am more concerned about LA and the crossing weather.

PEB

Staff Captain
The crossing to and from Hawaii might have some days that could get a little rough where they may ask people to stay inside the ship however the ships will handle it pretty well. The Hawaii weather should be the usual Hawaii weather with nice temperatures. One side of the islands is usually windier than the other but still good weather. February will be a good time to see whales in Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackiel3290

Deck Crew
The crossing to and from Hawaii might have some days that could get a little rough where they may ask people to stay inside the ship however the ships will handle it pretty well. The Hawaii weather should be the usual Hawaii weather with nice temperatures. One side of the islands is usually windier than the other but still good weather. February will be a good time to see whales in Hawaii.
Thanks m this is helpful.

alyrich

We are booked on the Crown Princess from LA to Hawaii for February 15. This is our first cruise on Princess and our first to Hawaii. We would appreciate any advice, especially for packing for this time of year. I have been to Honolulu in January before, so I am more concerned about LA and the crossing weather.
We will be on the same cruise too.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Those first couple of sea days may be chilly. A light sweater and some kind of lightweight rainwear is always a smart thing to pack.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jackiel3290

Deck Crew
We will be on the same cruise too.
Great. DH and I are sailing with BIL & SIL. We like to play train dominoes and Farkle. I am also trying to organize a knitting/ crafting group for sea days. I am still waiting to hear from guest services for a location.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Great. DH and I are sailing with BIL & SIL. We like to play train dominoes and Farkle. I am also trying to organize a knitting/ crafting group for sea days. I am still waiting to hear from guest services for a location.
It will be a great cruise. Lots of relax time geting there. Its good advice on the weather leave LA> What may I ask is Farkle. It has the memory bank thinking of TV show Laugh in back in the day.

red stripe

Staff Captain
FARKLE..... BSea.. it is a game played with dice. you can find instructions everywhere on the web. I had not thought about it for years, but way back in the dark ages, I got together with friends once a week and played.
I will have to look at it again.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Must have missed that age. lol. Skit on Laugh in had a family of Farkles. MIL came up with shortening my name to XXXX farkle She thought it was hilarious. Me... not so much but other than that she was wonderful lol