Covid Tests - what i need

I am travelling from the UK in Feb 2022 spending 2 days in Fort Lauderdale before boarding our carribean cruise. I just wondered if anybody could advise if it is OK to order/bring my covid testing kits for antigen/PCR with us or do I need to purchase from US

EMS8

2nd Officer
I believe if you are using the BinaxNowAg proctored tests, the tests have to be FDA approved. Why not see if you can order the tests from Emed dot com in the U.S.?

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I am travelling from the UK in Feb 2022 spending 2 days in Fort Lauderdale before boarding our carribean cruise. I just wondered if anybody could advise if it is OK to order/bring my covid testing kits for antigen/PCR with us or do I need to purchase from US
This is something that you should find out from your cruise line rather than a message board. (not saying above poster is incorrect) Just saying your TA or an inquiry to the cruise line or a US Government website if the tests you're are talking about are not specifically cruise related is the only prudent way to find out such information.

EMS8

2nd Officer
Bob is correct here in stating you should check with the cruiseline and see what tests they accept. However, since you are arriving 2 days early, why not get tested in Fort Lauderdale? We are also sailing at the end of February and arriving 2 days early.
We plan on getting tested at FLL terminal 3 shortly after we arrive. If that falls through, we will have Curative dot com as a backup; and if that fails, we will have beeperMD dot com as a third source. We will also have the BinaxNowAg tests with us to use if everything else falls through. There is also Lab Doctor dot com that is essentially across the street from the port. Hope this information helps you make an informed decision.