Coming to Sitka

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Welcome to Cruise @ddicts!

What is the status of the new dock that's supposed to open in May? Will cruise ships start using it, or is the tender dock still more convenient? Thank you.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I'd really like to know where it is in relation to the Tender Docks. (both)

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
30 yrs there will do that to you I guess lol

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
True.

I think that new pier is several miles away from the tender pier. If all goes as planned, I'll be able to report first-hand on or after July 13th this year when Crystal Symphony calls at Sitka, if someone else doesn't chime in first........

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I can wait til then lol.

Cruzman

Environmental Compliance Officer
True.

I think that new pier is several miles away from the tender pier. If all goes as planned, I'll be able to report first-hand on or after July 13th this year when Crystal Symphony calls at Sitka, if someone else doesn't chime in first........

Mary Ann, we are scheduled to be in Sitka, June 21, while on the Amsterdam. Will let you know if we tender or dock.

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Thank you, Cruzman. And enjoy your cruise on the Amsterdam. I have to wait a year before sailing on her.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Sitka is a spot that gets very little out onto the net unless you really know the small town gossip's location. I couldn't find much other than it's a private outfit that was/is doing the dock and they have no agreement with anyone as far as I can tell and it is out by the ferry docks and is anywhere from 2.5 to 4 miles from town and everyone wonders where the buses are going to come from to get people into town.....& back....... so for now I'd say odds are you will still tender.