Christmas Decorations

red stripe

Staff Captain
I was wondering what your schedule is for putting up and removing the decorations.

Down here in Florida we have a few people that seem to leave them up until May.. or all year :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Me.... I want them up no earlier than Dec 1.... but definitely put up within that first week of December. Too early and they are dust catchers.. too late.. and too much work for a short time.

Then they stay up over the New Years. It seems to make it more festive.. even if most of our neighbours are in bed by 7pm :sleep2:

I actually think that the best decorations are the ones put up by cruise lines. I really appreciate those.:thumbs up:

George C

Staff Captain
We take them down a little after new year’s day
1672337287311.jpeg

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Over here Christmas is usually not over until ”the twentieth day after Christmas”, i.e. January 13.
Most decorations stay up umtil then. We also have a lot of outdoor lights and they too stay up until Jan 13, but some leave them to the end of January or even end of February as it is so dark here this time of year.

/Erik

red stripe

Staff Captain
George, I do hope that you are careful how you store kitty

/Erik, for us, twelfth night is Jan 5. Easy for me to remember, as it is my sisters birthday.. so Jan 4th is the cutoff.

we had a small party last night, so today was “ cleanup day”. While I was dealing with that, I decided to dismantle the brass Christmas tree out in the Lanai, and remove all signs of Christmas out there.

so I am gradually starting.

one of the things that I did this year was to string those tiny lights in and around the coffee table out there.
the table has a glass top, and attractive wood details beneath it. So it looks festive. Right now it is the only thing left out there. I just thought that all those twinkly lights under that table would go well with a bottle of Moet Chandon on New Years Eve.