Celebrity Edge Begins Her Transatlantic Journey

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member

With more than four years of planning and 23 months of construction at the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity Cruises teams, the world’s most anticipated ship, Celebrity Edge embarks on her transatlantic journey.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well if you are into the X brand .....it seems that X is taking this as almost the second coming. Looks different ...paint is different and its sliding X more and more back into the class system. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing if I can make that upper crust ..lol. Some new features for sure and will be an interesting ship to sail on I expect. They trimmed the staff of quite a few ships to get this one off to a good start. In Ft. Lauderdale this AM I do believe.

Big change I see is the main dining room is now 4 seperate restaurants. We wait for reviews

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
It certainly is a big change, so far I like what I see from afar. I just posted some 'First Look' photos and will be creating some unique videos from footage they are providing the media.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Gotta "Mate" going next week or soon after coast guard releases it for a shortie. I'm sure he'll have some inside info and pic soon.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
I will look forward to the photos. Posting images here gets easier and easier with the new updates.