Cat for sale CHEAP :X

C

conniecat

:X Ok, I have come to the point with my disabilities that I cannot keep up with my housework anymore. I can't reach overhead or stand on a chair to clean tops of cabinets, lights etc. And the doctor says don't be around vacuuming or dusting. So I gave up and so I hired a woman to come in once a month for a good deep dusting and vacuuming and I can keep up between times (Henry is good for the easy stuff, but it needs a deep vacuuming once in a while).

Today was her first day. She brought her own mop bucket filled with dust rags etc, and took off her jacket and started in. Maxie was fascinated, Simon made a dive under the couch because people are BAD. Scooter is decidedly antisocial, but he will eventually come out when his curiosity gets the better of him.

Sure enough, Scooter wandered out and investigated her mop bucket, curled up and got comfortable. Oh how cute I thought. Then I noticed the look on his face and checked. You guessed it, he had let loose on everything, the dust rags, the cleaning supplies AND her jacket.

What would possess an animal to do such a thing? Normally it is just on my things. I had to wash her jacket and the rest of the rags, she cleaned the bucket and the cleaning supplies that were in there. That took my allotted cleaning time to do!

Fortunately, she has cats of her own, and related that her cat has it in for one of her friends, and always wets on his jacket when he visits.

He knows he is in trouble and is hiding. Anyone want a slightly used Maine Coon peeing machine?

S

ShipMaven

Whew. I thought Simon was in doo-doo again. :grin :angel

Obviously, Scoots didn't like the house invasion.

C

conniecat

No, it wasn't Simon this time. He is still hiding, altho I am worried about him. I had McDonalds for lunch since I got home just befoere she got her and I needed to eat quickly. Normally he is all over me while I am eating. He sits under the table and whips his little paw up on the table when he thinks I am not looking. Today when he did that, I gave him his piece of hamburger, and he turned his nose up at it. He kept begging, but wouldn't touch the food, not even his favorite French Fries. So now, I don't know whether to worry his is sick, or I am about to be from bad food.

Scooter is in bad trouble, and he acts as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. He did this right in front of me. Now he wants in my lap. He better hope I don't catch him! (mean old mom)

B

Bruce

See !!! All those things you blamed on Simon.....I bet you really feel bad now huh????

C

Calgon1

These are are times tat I appreciate my dogger! Cody's idea of mischief is to gut his stuffed monkey and spread the stuffing around the house in his own style of decorating.... He goes through a stuffed monkey about every three weeks.

S

ShipMaven

I would be willing to bet that your furbabies are simply miffed that their territory was invaded by a newcomer. At least, I hope that's all it is.

When I still had Topaz, she was very well housebroken and, unlike Pucci, she allowed me to leave her alone from time to time. My Aunt was here as a houseguest for a few days and got along very well with Topaz.

#1 - Topaz presented me with a puddle in bed one day. She NEVER did that.

#2 - My Aunt and I had gone to church and when we returned, perhaps 1-1/2 hours later in time for dinner, Topaz had shredded a kitchen floor mat. She NEVER did that.

I have no idea why she behaved that way during my Aunt's visit, and ONLY during her visit.

N

nieciez

Did you say the housekeeper had a cat. Good chance he smelled the other cat on her clothes and did what cats do and marked his territory.

B

BostonsJ

I was expecting to hear it was Simon too. I think he decided ohhhhhhhhhh no you don't I put up with it when Simon came here to live not another cat smell! :grin I hope Simon was just feeling out of sorts because of the cleaning lady.

M

mrsrocster

I agree with Nieciez. Your kitty probably smelled the scent of the other kitty and wanted to mark the territory. Ugh.....not nice and not fun for sure. Are you going to have her back to clean the house? If so, perhaps she can use some of your supplies instead of her own? Or perhaps you can isolate all of the kitties into one room and have her work on other rooms?

Good luck!

Michelle

J

JacquieP

Poor Simon! He gets blamed for everything, by everybody. No wonder he hid, he was probably afraid of what might happen to him, and I would bet he was grinning the entire time he was hiding. Somebody else got in trouble.

R

reggae

cc, just another idea....

My sister's cat started doing this, and they took him to the vet. He had a bad urinary tract infection. After being the meds, he never did it again.

Just a possiblility?

C

conniecat

Scooter is 7 years old this month. He has been doing this for about 6 1/2 years now. I don't think it is an infection! It is a behavior problem. Just found he went on my bedspread, too. I actually thought about taking him back to the APA where I got him, but they are not a no kill shelter and I am afraid they wouold put him to sleep, so I just put up with it. He drives me crazy, he knows its wrong, but does it anyway.

B

bostongal

Connie - My cat Lulu will pee on the bed if she is unhappy about something - usually if I've been away in the hospital but also if a certain friend of ours comes to visit or her litter box is not pristine. It's not pleasant to deal with that's for sure!

Meg

C

cjbee

Our cat when I was growing up would pee in the suitcases when we were going to go on vacation. The first time he did it, my parents found out after they got to Ireland!
CJ

C

conniecat

Yes, Pucci, as soon as everyone left he ate everything in sight! I have no ides why he couldn't eat the hamburger, I even tried later and he still turned up his nose at it.