Carnival Victory - HORRIBLE GHETTO SHIP!

Dorotea

I went on a 6 day cruise in Carnival Horizon and it was wonderful, I plan to go back in May of this year. This will be 7 cruise in Carnival, no complaints and we enjoy our selfs.

Cruise fan

The Carnival Elation and Carnival Liberty in Port Canaveral do 4 day and 3 day cruise over weekends. Are they the same? I use the weekend post as this has a higher chance of those type of cruises from what I read.
Anytime you opt to take a 3 day or 4 day cruise you’ll have to deal with unruly passengers. That’s just the way it is no matter what cruise line. We’ve only done that once and once was enough for a lifetime. Now we only book 7 to 14 day cruises and never had a problem. Our last cruise was just last January on the Carnival Celebration and it was a wonderful ship with great people and an even better atmosphere. Loved riding the BOLT. That was awesome

1flyingsolo

To echo what others have said, this has everything to do with price point and length of cruise, which dictates what kind of clientele will be attracted.

In the past few years in particular, you can/could get dirt cheap direct flights from NYC, NJ, or Philly down to Miami. Combine this with the 3-day Carnival cruises out of Miami generally being the cheapest kind of cruise there is. You can do them in a weekend. So they cost relatively little time and little money, thus they are going to attract a party-oriented crowd. So it's not Miami per se that's a problem. It's just that for those of us in the Northeast, it's a short, cheap, and direct flight, as well as a cheap cruise. Win-win for many young folks who don't have a lot of money, but are looking to party and sometimes let things get out of hand.

If that's not your thing, then I suggest not going on short cruises. I went on a 6-day Carnival Caribbean cruise out of Miami a few years ago. It was more crowded than my liking, and there were a few people who got too drunk and became unruly, but in general, I didn't have any complaints.