Booking Cruise Online ?

D

Docjay

I've decided to go on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in late September / early October (first cruise). Wondering if you suggest booking the cruise online (via www.royalcaribbean.com) or through a travel agent. I don't have many questions or concerns about the cruise that needs personal attention--but would a travel agent have access to more cabins or lower fares? Thanks for your help!

H

herb

You might want to try the major online travel agencies, travelocity, orbitz etc. Usually their prices are cheaper than booking directly with cruise line.
herb

C

cruzqueen

You'll usually get a better deal with a travel agent. In the links section here at C@ you will find some to contact. Do some "comparison shopping".

<http://www.cruise-addicts.com/inlink/index.php?cat=2>

Following your first cruise - you too will be an "addict"!

M

moe

i booked through skyscraper tours.you cant lose cause lori give you approx a 10%discount off rci rates www.skyscrapertours.com.people rave about her service and so i signed up for the 1st time with her this november on eos.you go to her site ,click on rci highlight and book your tour on line,then she sends you a e-mail telling you your discount.within a week you get a information packet and info on trip insurance which i also used

A

Ali

There are so many online agencies to look at. You can do price comparisons with the agencies mentioned by Bill and Debbie. I book online all the time. You just have to know what you want. Royal Caribbean's website doesn't offer discounts like the other TA's do. There are some wonderful TA's that are sponsors for this website. Give one of them a try also.

S

Seawall

I would definitely not book through RCL, itself; as Ali has recommended, compare prices through several online agencies, and look at everything. Then, you can get a good price to compare apples to apples. Good luck!

T

Toto

Remember to get several prices from different agencys that other passengers have used in the past. The best price always wins here! Good Luck!

M

Me@sea

I agree with the rest!!! get several prices. I did just that and then went to BuyCruises.com and told them my lowest price. They then beat that... so it is definately worth the shopping around... also.. when booking online.. I didn't actually book "online" I used their 1800 number and called and actually talked to a representative... they are very helpful... Good luck and hope you have the vacation of a lifetime!!!!!!

A

AJ coast

rccl.com now has complete discounts in its inventory.

the website has come a long way these couple of years!!!:thumb

L

Libby

I have booked through agencies and through RCCL directly, and I believe over time, it's been a wash. If you watch RCCL - you'll find 'happy hour' specials, senior specials and demographic specials. I think it really depends on how much time you have to do the research with the agencies - and what RCCL is offering at difference times in the way of discounts. And I agree with Suer-sneakers --- times are changing, so it's important to do your home work.