Booked Maasdam

S

sail7seas

Just in case you didn't believe how much we loved our Maasdam b-to-b's......my DH just told me to rebook so that we can squeeze in a quick seven days on Maasdam between our Amsterdam and Zuiderdam cruises! :bounce

Home three days and we can't wait to return. :)

Is there no hope for me?

A

AnneS

Probably "no hope" -but, then again - You COULD be the kind that says "Mink COAT? I want SABLE!!!!" Good for you......It'll be like "Coming home" and we've been on several ships where we felt like that -and its a GREAT feeling!!!!!! Enjoy! Anne:daisy:usa:CO

S

sail7seas

LOL :) It does sound like I'm being a greedy grabber but it was HIS idea!!!

For us, it does seem like "coming home" when we go to Maasdam as we've been on her six times in the last 14 months.

We love that crew and are always so sad to say goodbye and not know when we'll see them again.

A

AnneS

On Caronia this spring- tablemate Marj had been on for 200 days -JUST that ship. It was like "home" to her. I envied her familiarity with people and SHE was a GOOD kind soul! She just LOVED to dance -and Caronia could provide that for her......We REALLY enjoy cruising [ 16 -me -and 14 cruises] AND we like HAL......If you've found YOUR niche -More power TO you! WE are booked on B-to-B on "Ooosterdam" in the fall 2003. Venice to Lisbon -Lisbon to Florida - The itinerary is darn near PERFECT [ I wish it had been from Istanbul] and it will be new to Dick. We both like repositioning/TransAtlantics and this is GREAT! Plus the NEW ship! WE picked a corner-midships balconied cabin. We shall see if we SHOULD have gotten a stern cabin! [ we had one -actually 5 for the family -on the Millie] I was leery of the crossing!
What a WONDERFUL way of communicating with cruise-minded/like-minded folks this board provides! And what a GREAT exchange of information!!!!! Anne:daisy:usa:CO

K

Kirk

s7s:

What dates are you booking? My friend is slated to move to the ship as CD soon.

S

sail7seas

Hi Krk: It will probably be February 16 or February 23....depending on availability of cabin we want and air arrangements. John Challenger is currently the CD....is he leaving for vacation or going to another ship?

K

Kirk

s7s:

May be a bit far out as she reports to the ship end of this month. Who knows how long the contract is for. I'll see what I can find out.

S

Stargazerm31

That is a great vote of confidence. 39 days and counting to my Maasdam experience.