Are we gambling?

thejones10

Sept 24th Celebrity docks in San Pedro at 6am. Our Toronto bound flight departs LAX at 11:45am. Are we crazy to gamble that we can make this flight?
We assume that we will be able to book a private limo at the port for pickup between 8-8:30 leaving us time to clear the port and customs. Can we make it?

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
To answer your headline question. Yes you are. To answer your question in the post. Maybe. I've never had great luck with morning flts up the coast with Celebrity ships out of California. It depends on so many things. First of all where is the ship coming from and its last port of call before LA? Then weather and then the airport itself these days. I have always made it but not since 2020 have I tried. The last time we tried it was a coast guard inspection and we just squeaked it. We agreed never to even try again. :) Not worth the stress.

thejones10

First of all, thank you for the answer (I think) . Just in case our odds go up, here are your answers.
The ship is coming from Vancouver and the last port is Catalina Island. The weather is gonna be great +-= :)
My biggest worry was trying set a time for the limo pickup since it only has a 30min free wait window and I was kind of expecting to have my party of four ready for pickup by 8am. Stress is already building since our flight is currently Premium seating and to rebook the same at a later time would be a different airline and crazy expensive.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Last Port of Call would build your odds in your favour. You will be close to LA the day before so it certainly puts you in better shape for an ontime arrival. Can't help you with your free window time. Maybe a call to the cruiseline might give you a better idea. But I doubt it. It's going to be crazy expensive I guess either way. LAX wants you there 3 hours before scheduled departure. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. :)

powelltilly

Gambling on making it in time can be stressful, but with a little bit of planning and the right resources, it's definitely possible.

golapsk

Deck Crew
Have you considered booking a private limo in advance? That way you can be sure that you'll have transportation ready and waiting for you when you dock. And speaking of reliable resources, have you checked out the (edited) They offer a wide range of games and their customer service is top-notch. Just something to keep in mind while you're planning your trip. Best of luck, and I hope you make it to your flight on time!

Last edited by a moderator:

swaggv

Well, here's the deal. Booking a private limo from the port sounds like a smart move. With a pickup between 8-8:30, you're giving yourself a shot at making that flight. But keep in mind, traffic and unforeseen delays can throw a wrench in your plans. It's a bit of a roll of the dice, my friend!
If you're feeling lucky and want to take the gamble, go for it! But just to be safe, it might be worth having a backup plan just in case. You don't want to miss that Toronto bound flight!
By the way, when it comes to betting and taking risks, have you checked out (Edited) They've got all the info and options you need for some exciting gambling adventures!