Anyone beeen to EASTERN Mediterranean?

L

lal5510

Sorry - posted this in Cruise Q & A, then discovered the Pots of Call Board. VERY new at this! ;-}

Planning cruise on the Legend of the Seas to EASTERN Mediterranean in the fall. Have found plenty of reviews for Western ports, but not ONE for Eastern. Is this less populare for some reason? Anyone been to Alexandria/Rhodes/Cyprus/Kusadasi, as well as the usual stops (Rome, Athens, Mykonos, etc.)?

Any word on how the Legend of the Seas is holding up?

M

mustang649

I'm stationed in Italy and have been to quite a few places in the Eastern Med, including some of the ones you mentioned -- Rome, Athens, Egypt, Rhodes, etc. What would you like to know? I'd be glad to share whatever info I have. The Med is beautiful, pretty much anywhere you go and there are fascinating places everywhere. I'm booked on the HAL Rotterdam for its 17 Sep 08 cruise to the Black Sea, Israel, Egypt, etc. and I think the itinerary is a pretty good one.

Dan

L

lorencastleman

Did you ever take your eastern med cruise. I am scheduled for 9/27 for a b2b from Venice to Istanbul then on to Athens. I have lived in Cyprus. ANything in particular youwant to know?

T

todd1

Just came from a East Med. cruise with RCCL Splendour of the Seas. Had a wonderful time.
Visited the following port of calls.

Venice, Italy: The highlight was Venice and I would advise anyone sailing from Venice to go out a couple of days early and have a good look around, it’s wonderful.

Dubrovnik, Croatia: Dubrovnik is easy walking round the old town although the walk round the old city walls is worthwhile but quite energetic.

Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey: Our group of six toured Ephesus with a guide that Denizhan (www.***********) has arranged. We had the best tour with him than in any of the other ports. The guide took many pictures of us with stunning views as backgrounds.

Santorini, Greece : We had a fabulous time on our tour in Santorini. Booked a private tour from Anna (www.*****************) Our guide took some great pictures and she did a terrific job in tailoring the tour around our needs while at the same time making sure we saw all the island's highlights. We truly enjoyed it.

Corfu, Greece : We took the Paleokastritsa and Corfu town tour which first took us to the resort area of Paleokastritsa where four busloads of tourists visited a small 12th century Greek Orthodox monastery. We saw the Greek Orthodox church of St. Spiridon in Corfu. People commented that Corfu didn't look like Greece. It doesn't have those old whitewashed buildings, and it has a strong Italian and French flavor. There is a picturesque old town and a great old fort jutting out into the sea.

Conniemc

3rd Officer
I will be posting a detailed review of these ports this week. Just got back Wed night.