Any suggestions on where to go to complain about a company on the net?

C

Cricket

I would love to name the magazine company but decided not to, although if you pm me i will be glad to tell you what company it is. Well, anyway, I ordered a year's subscription to a magazine and charged it through a magazine company on the net. I have never received the subscription and it was back in August of 2007. They say not to expect the first one until at least 6 to 8 weeks from the time you order. The website is still up, and you can still order, but they only list an email address to get in touch with. I have tried 2 or three times with no success in a response. I did notice that another well known magazine site has taken over the customer service of the other magazine site for orders after the first of January, 2008. This company has a phone number and gave us the phone number of the other company. I called that number and it doesn't work. I need to know what is my next step in getting hold of these jerks> If this well known magazine company is taking over all new orders as of January, then can't they be responsible for information at least of the other company? I think I may have been screwed out of money! Live and learn!

D

debowah

If you placed the order and paid with a credit card, you can contact the credit card company and ask them to investigate as you never received the goods that you paid for. Very frustrating I know. Good Luck........

C

cycofan

To dispute it on your credit card, you have to notify the bank within 60 days of when the charge first appeared on your statement. I would guess you are outside of that window. You should still contact them, and they can block any future attempted transactions.

You might also look into filing a complaint with the federal trade commission or contacting your state attorney general. Good luck!