Any New Year's plans?

B

BostonsJ

Mike and I plan on staying home and just watching a movie. It is not a night we go out. And I've had such an active Christmas I look forward to doing nothing on New Year's Eve and Day.

What are you doing?

C

cycofan

Our plan is to stay home and out of the way of the people who go out and overindulge one night a year. :)

I

islandJim

I might go to my moms house with Tori. Since Irene is in Greece till Jan 5th, I don't feel like going anywhere. Mom & my sisters want me to pack up Tori and my dog and spend the night there. They are trying to entice me with a Lobster and Steak late dinner. We'll see how I feel and if the weather is going to cooperate.....although I have been driving Irene's Hummer while she's not home so I guess I can't use the weather excuse. :D

Jim

A

audrey

my girl friend is coming up to spend new years with us. I don't think we will go anywhere that night but will go to the mall and take in a movie on new years day.

K

kpopperwell

Have to work that day so we will be home that night. Usually don't go anywhere. Have a hard time staying awake to ring in the new year as it is. Hope everyone has a good one.

C

Calgon1

Since New Year's Day will be my first day off in two weeks, SunFlower and I will watch the parades, channel surf between the football games and take the phone off the hook.

Time to relax.

C

Christoffer

No plans.
Got work on January 1st so no New Year's party for me this year.

E

ewheelock

I am going to babysit Lillian so her parents can have a night out. I offered because I will take any excuse to go down and see her!

My dh and I never go out for new years eve anyway.

R

rooy

Just chilling at home on the EVE. i'll pull out all the stops with a very fancy dinner and will fall asleep in front of the tv (as usual). i will be up fairly early New years Day so i can put the Hoppin' John ingredients in the crockpot for a good luck dinner. might go to the mall and then just watch football.

R

reggae

Looks like we will be at my sister's house for dinner and cards. We've been doing this the past few years and it works out well.

Leslie, I'm curious...what is Hoppin' John?

N

nieciez

A quiet night at home for us too and I don't even think I'll be asked to babysit. I know the three older grandsons are going to a Soccer lock-in at the field house. I'll probably be asleep before the ball drops.

E

ewheelock

My mother always makes hoppin' john and it is black eyed peas and rice mixed together. My grandmother was brought up in S. Carolina and she got it from there. It is really good!

D

Donna - dsw

Will pick Jim up at the airport at 2:30 pm.

We will probalby stop and eat on the way home and pick up some movies.

I am all for staying home and resting - since he has been gone over Christmas.

I will then take all my decorations now on New Year's Day.

I doubt either of us makes midnight! lol

C

Cruise cutie

:grin I have scored a 3 day off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.. and believe you me Sistah..my plan is to park my expanded eats Christmas FAT fanny in park, SIT, and keep the =grrr phone off the hook, and snuggle up to my dear husband Mark, and RELAX!!.. and Heaven Forbid my plans change..:evil..I'll be callinnnggg you and your Michael!!..:thumb..=hugs Joanne and Mark....

B

Beryl

We stay home! In our sweet youth it was always a magic evening at the Officer's Mess......all dolled up in formal wear, a wonderful dinner and lots of dancing and shenanigans afterward. This year I'm thinking of a movie or two to follow up our dinner of French Onion Soup and Lobster salad....maybe even a nice bottle of Chardonnay to go with it! We enjoy that and we will be able to enjoy New Year's Day as well :grin !

P

popcorn

Nothing planned here. It will probably just be another evening. Same old same old! Especially as the weather forecast is not looking too good.

Liz

C

Corky

Nothing big for NYE night...maybe to a friends to play pool or something like that. On NY day we always have a some friends/family over for hoppin' john. It will be quite this year.

Take care and travel safely C@'s!! =hug

J

JacquieP

Stay home and cross stitch. I didn't manage to get Christmas decorations up when the power was out, so I don't have to spend that time taking them down.

M

maw

Paw and I will probably each curl up infront of our TV's and sleep thru the ball dropping. On New years day watch the Rose Bowl parade and foot ball games. No celebrations here.

G

George C

We go to our favorite resturant for a 5 course meal, have plently of wine and Champane, been doing same thing last 12 years ( short drive). Not as good as being on a cruise but not bad.