Any Adult Only Cruises?

D

donhjohnson

Hi! Just looking to see if anyone can recommend Adult Only cruises, (read, no one under 21).

I don't dislike kids, and have my own, but am interested in recommendations for cruises that cater to adults only. Not looking for a singles cruise or x-rated (if such a thing exists), but want to plan a nice romantic time with my better half, and where there aren't any children or teens.

I save family vacations for just that, our family. Then there are times when you want just the two of you... :)

Thanks in advance!
Don & Jodi
Austin, TX

I

idssms

Am not sure if its legal to exclude any group of folks including teens, infants, etc,, but, if you go on a longer cruise during school time, especially transatlantics,, there are hardly any little darlings cruising.

If you go during summer you are guaranteed kids, so stay away from that time of the yr.

D

donhjohnson

Thanks! I think there are such cruises somewhere, but agree about the longer cruises and off season. We went on the Carnival Conquest 9/28/04 and had a blast, and while there were some kids, not a real problem. Just thought I'd see if there were any catered to adults, as in Sandals and Club-Med (if they're not the same that is), land based packages.

S

S. B.

Celebrity offers adult only cruises. Celebrity refers to them as “Celebrity Escape†cruises and all passengers must be over the age of 21. In addition these seven and eleven night sailings have special amenities, events and activities geared toward adults such as extended pool hours, late night comedy acts, an enhanced breakfast room service menu, etc. In 2004 there are four such cruises scheduled. The destinations include Alaska, Bermuda, the Caribbean and Mexico. Additional information is available on the Celebrity website at:

www.celebrity.com/escape_offer.asp?s=49D8934EEF&clicksrc=ESCAPE_OFFER

Post Edited (03-21-04 13:59)

S

suzrouk

Hi Don,
My hubby and I were looking for exactly the same thing and booked for the Century Escapes to the W. Caribbean in June (5-12). We are going to celebrate our Anniversary, and though we have and love kids, we wanted this to be a really special time for just us...no kids to distract. Good luck finding/booking your cruise.

beachguy

About 10 years ago my wife and I took a 21 and over only cruise with Celebrity to the Mexican Riviera for 10 days, 11 nights from Dec 27 to Jan 7th. It was called an "escape cruise". Although adult only singles and X rated adult oriented cruises do exist, this particular cruise was NOT on of those. There was however, a social group (s) on board who met in the lounges for such activities, behind closed doors but we were not part of those activities.

It was nice to be able to relax pool side and elsewhere on board without screaming kids or adults yelling at them. We also have kids who are adults now, so we also are not against kids but believe that there is a time and place for family cruises and for adults who want to relax without all the noise and drama that kids bring to the vacation experience.

I am not sure at this time that Celebrity or any other cruise line still offers the 21 and over only "escape cruise" as I have had no luck in my recent web searches for such cruises.

Anyone have any info on this subject?

Hi! Just looking to see if anyone can recommend Adult Only cruises, (read, no one under 21).

I don't dislike kids, and have my own, but am interested in recommendations for cruises that cater to adults only. Not looking for a singles cruise or x-rated (if such a thing exists), but want to plan a nice romantic time with my better half, and where there aren't any children or teens.

I save family vacations for just that, our family. Then there are times when you want just the two of you... :)

Thanks in advance!
Don & Jodi
Austin, TX

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Definitely a thing of the past with X. I'm not aware of any main stream line that won't take money from People with kids in this Financial Climate .