Annual illnesses on cruiseships in Alaska

J

jane-atlanta

It seems that every year there is an outbreak of illness up in Alaska - like the Legionnaires disease. Is there a particular period that this regularly occurs, or has it been spaced out over the entire Alaska season over the years? This year it was on the HAL ships in August, I believe.

(Just trying to figure out what the best time is to book).

30 days till we leave for Ft. Lauderdale & the Happy Honeymoon on the CARNIVAL LEGEND!!!

B

BSeaBob

There has not been any Legionaires disease on a cruiseships as far as I can recall since the early 90's/.. HAL this yr & Princess the year before had some problems with a virus/flu on the Alaska trips but I don't recall it being any specific time. FYI it happens all the time but I think the News media up here likes to make a great deal of it compaired to other ports like those in florida. One january sailing we were on had most people down and out at one time or other during a 10 day cruise but it was all just taken in stride. Looking out for yourself at any time in the enclosed confines of air travel and then aboard ship is the best way to ensure a healthy holiday. Wash your hands, don't hold onto railings, wash your hands/ don't use the elevators, wash your hands..etc. etc. enjoy your next cruise and "Good Health"

J

jane-atlanta

Thanks, BSeaBob - I appreciate your answering my question ! :)

21 days till we leave for Ft. Lauderdale & the Happy Honeymoon Cruise on the CARNIVAL LEGEND !!!