An update on Jeff

C

Cruise cutie

Our heartfelt sorrow at this update.. and may it indeed be calm, dignified,and pain free ...hugs and love for all of you at this time..Joanne and Mark..

C

connie seabee

I'm truly sorry that the out come couldn't have been a better one. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Mary Ann, I know that this is also very painful for you too. ((((Hugs))))

K

KathyC

I am so very saddened to hear this news; it is hard at any time but extra hard for such a young family. I know so well about making the hospice decision & I feel so sorry for his wife as watching your loved one slip away like this is so gut wrenching. When my father passed it was an unexpected heart attack but when my mother passed it was pancreatic cancer & the suffering was horrible for all of us. Please know that my heart goes out to this family during this tragic time in their lives.

S

ShipMaven

Again, thank you. Melinda and I appreciate your prayers, and she asked me to thank all of you.

I just returned from visiting Jeff and Melinda at Hospice. My friend, Jean, and Pucci came with me. What a heart-wrenching sight. The nurse told me privately that he probably won't even last until Wednesday.

Jeff is being kept "comfortable" - if I can even use that word - by morphine and Adavan. He's there, but not there. I know he reacted to Pucci, but am not certain he knew Jean or me.

While I was there, Melinda finally broke most of the news to their kids who have been visiting relatives in Nebraska since the end of May and are due to return home Wednesday night. She's leaving it up to them whether they want to fly back sooner - I urged her to TELL them to come home sooner, but I can't force the issue.

Please continue your prayers. They are very much needed in these last days, and very much appreciated.

Mary Ann

L

Lisa63

Mary Ann, thank you for the update, heartbreaking as it is. I know this is very difficult for you, as well. I continue to pray for Jeff''s comfort, and for the strength of his family and friends. On some level, I believe Jeff knew you were there today.

Hugs,
Lisa

K

Karry

May Jeff, Melinda, their family and good friends such as you, Mary Ann, have strength at this very heartbreaking time. :angel

M

maw

Mary Ann I am sorry I did not find this earlier--my sincere best wishes for comfort for Jeff, his family and for you. It is such a horrible thing Cancer.

C

Charles

I'm sorry to hear about this, Mary Ann. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this very tough time.

c

J

jk

Mary Ann, as I stated on the Duck site, Jeff, his family and you are in my prayers. I hope that Jeff is comfortable in his final days. =hugs =hugs

B

bostongal

Mary Ann - =hug to you. I am so sorry to hear about your friend Jeff and hope that he is without pain. I will keep you and his family in my heart and prayers.

Meg