Allure questions re shows.

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
This is for anyone who's been on the Allure.

I'm wondering just how important is is to book the shows ahead of time? Do I really need to book all of these, if I want to see them? Can you just show up, and still get in most of the time?

Does booking them ahead get you a specific seat or does it just get you in the door?

And while I know about the musical Chicago and the Ice Games, (assuming the Ice Games is like an Ice Capades) But I'm wondering what these other shows are like: "OceanArea", "Blue Planet" and "Headliner Show" ?

Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Oh, also the Comedy shows, they have two or three showings a night. I'm wondering if those are all the same show, or different each night. Do these book up too?

Cruizer

Staff Captain
I'll find out at the end of September.

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Wonderful ! I'll tell my son and daughter in law that I'm sending out a scout on a reconnaissance mission. We'll be looking forward to all the info you can gather.

By the way, have you reserved all your shows already? And did you notice if any of them were booking up this early?

Cruizer

Staff Captain
I booked the shows I wanted to see - which is not all of the shows. I booked Oceanaria, Chicago & Blue Planet. I booked the last weekend in July and my cruise leaves on the last weekend in September. I got my first choice of times for each of the shows.

Christoffer

The Euro Connection Special Contributor
Sailed b2b with Oasis and Allure of the Seas.
Did pre book the shows I did want to see, you do not have an assigned seat.
I do recommend that you do the booking but I think you might get to most of the shows if you have not done any booking, guess there are always those who do not show up that have done pre booking.

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Thanks Christoffer and Cruizer.

Do either of you know if all those Comedy Show times on the list are the same show repeated all week, or are they different shows? I mean, if there are a few different shows, each offered a few times, how do you know which ones to book, so as not to book the same one twice? (or is it even possible to book more than one ?)

Christoffer, Did you go to the Headliner show? What kind of show was that?

And did you try any of the specialty restaurants on the ships? We are doing regular, main seating dinner, but will like take one night out and do dinner at one of the special restaurants, so I'm wondering which do you think is most worth the money?

Christoffer

The Euro Connection Special Contributor
Did most of the shows on Oasis-cruise, had few bookings for the Allure-cruise but did go only to few.
Can't remember what the headliner show was.
There are so many great specialty restaurants.
Done on Oasis and Allure:

150 Central Park, very good.
Chef's Table, on Allure, maybe the best dining experience ever!
Chops Grille, classic it's always good

R

RedStripe7

>> Hi, I sailed in late April 2013 ;)

I'm wondering just how important is is to book the shows ahead of time? Do I really need to book all of these, if I want to see them? Can you just show up, and still get in most of the time?
>> Most of the time my group was able to 'walk in' for shows, as for Chicago - my girlfriend's sister was able to walk in as well.

Does booking them ahead get you a specific seat or does it just get you in the door?
>>Booking gets you in the door, seating is up to you.

And while I know about the musical Chicago and the Ice Games, (assuming the Ice Games is like an Ice Capades) But I'm wondering what these other shows are like: "OceanArea", "Blue Planet" and "Headliner Show" ?
>> Ok, the OceanAria is BEYOND AMAZING!! There is HIGH diving, strength feats & some comedy too! Its outdoors in the rear of the ship, so bring water & perhaps a sunhat for comfort - you don't want to miss it! We saw it early in the cruise and you won't be disappointed. We didn't pre-book this and we had 13 seats in a row walk in. Ice Games is indoors & features unreal skating combined with the best way to make classic game shows a 'physical' affair. I'd say don't miss this one too & plan it for when you need a break from the sun if possible.

I saw one comedy show with an entertainer & he was a great singer - I wish I could remember which night it was to tell you their name!! We walked in after our 'late' dinner, too.

In hindsight, I won't miss the the 'parade' next time! It was A LOT of fun, but we had missed quite a bit of it.

I would say book the events you want to see for sure & play the others by ear. Our ship sailed full, but there were no nightmare scenarios whether eating or going to events like some said could happen.

Oh, also the Comedy shows, they have two or three showings a night. I'm wondering if those are all the same show, or different each night. Do these book up too?
>> I didn't hear reports from anyone if the shows were identical or not, but I'd imagine it would be difficult for the performers to have three sets of material per night. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this one!

Enjoy your cruise - the ship & Lobster night were totally unreal. :)

Johneeo

I suggest you go online and book all the shows. When the doors open up, only those that pre-booked are let in. Then, and usually, there will be room for those that have not booked. But, you will not get good seats.

The exception is the comedy show. This is a very small venue. If you do not have reservations, you probably will not get in.

And if you have a reservation and do not wish to go to a show, no big deal.