Acupuncture! Has anyone tried it?

R

r8derfan

I was thinking of trying Acupuncture for stress/anxiety. I wonder how successful it is.

S

seamom

I haven't tried it for that but my jaw clicked for years...out of alignment a bit I guess and TMJ......accupuncture once and it works just fine now!Painless...just make sure you get a reputable person doing it. Mine was a doctor in sports medicine...darned if I can remember how I ended up there.

He tried to adjust something else, not sure if it was the other side of my jaw but I thought I was going to pass out as the sensation was so powerful so had to stop but the real problem was a cinch to fix.

I'd had it years ago when I'd hurt my knees skiing and was due to go on holiday (skiing again!) and my Chinese dermatologist was practising it as a hobby and did my knees. It only seemed to ease them temporarily but I did get to go skiing!

That doctor told me she'd witnessed brain surgery in China without anesthesia...only needles in the brain and the guy got up and walked out the room after it!!! Strange stuff!

J

Jill B

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't get sick, fingers crossed. But having said that, I would give it a go, as it HAS to be better than drugs, IMHO.

R

r8derfan

Well I went last night. I slept well last night. I'm not sure if it was from the treatment or not. I'm at work right now. I don't fell stressed yet so maybe its working. We'll see if i want a drink by noon. :lol

B

BostonsJ

There are a few co-workers that swear by it. One day one of them came in with needles still in her ear lobe. I said yuk.... they were very tiny but still. I forget what the reason but in this case the needles needed to stay there for a time. Of course she has an asian heritage so to her it was kinda normal. I don't think it is for me. But several co-workers with an Asian heritage do not believe in Western Medicine at all, and only go to Asian healers.

They tried to get me to drink some potions for health and to lose weight and I said absolutely not, I have so many allergies I'm not drinking anything that I have no clue about the contents.

S

seamom

LOL...BJ..you would have killed yourself laughing at the green leaves and saran wrap I had around my legs to try out an Asian remedy my chinese girlfriend gave me for my aching legs. I was ready to try anything. Her parents swear by these leaves which she couldn't tell me the identity of. I was desperate to soothe my aching legs but unfortunately they didn't work for me.....just leaving a trail of leaves behind me as the saran wrap loosened and the drying leaves of the salve fell out....... :grin