A I TONIGHT

C

conniecat

anything they want about song with a message to them

Michael- Dream On
Randy- Really believe this is an important week, though pretty good, but pitchy, still don't buy you as Aerosmith
Paula- Couldn't 't disagree more, perfect song, sound as good as you look High notes, my chihuahuas Will join you on stage. Perfect choice.
Simon- Very good performance, but I am slightly with Randy, not you, that way an impersonation of rock star, little bit wanna be ish
me- Good job, good voice!

Syesha- I Believe (Fantasia)
Randy- Another tiger this week, but no special connection like Fantasia has.
Paula- Not may people can take on stars like that, hands down, most shining night,
Simon- Of course there is a comparison, sang it very well, but lacked big wave of emotion like Fantasia. Who are you? sand it well, tho
me- Good performance, a little over sung, still nothing special

Jason- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Randy- Dude, Jason is back in the hunt blazing hot, molten hot.
Paula- You have the most definitive sound, perfect song, love the version. Good job.
Simon- This is the version currently on the Internet? First time I heard this version, wasn't sure, second time loved it this time, fantastic!
me- Love this version, I like whatever he does. He is very talented. Wonder if more people would vote for him if he got a haircut?

Kristy Lee- Anyway
Randy- Couple pitch moments, but I loved that really good really good really good.
Paula- I think you outdid yourself, your best by far. Easy singing song that inspire you. Excellent
Simon- With a choice this broad you have an opportunity to show who you are. You were very very good. Look like a star tonight. Smart choice of song, good.
me- Love her voice, her performing is getting better. Don't think she can win, but I imagine she will be signed on a country label.

David C -Innocent
Randy- I am a huge fan of yours. Not sure this is one of your strongest, didn't quite get it.
Paula- You have it all, whole package. Believe in you.
Simon- Didn't like this very much at all, pompous. Originality, choice of song, this was your weakest so far.
me- Horrible song, hated it so much I couldn't tell you how his performance was. It all sounded bad to me.

Carly- The Show Must Go On (Queen)
Randy- Started out good, pitchy in the middle, end OK, Just OK for me, didn't quite hit the mark.
Paula- Agree a little with Randy, didn't feel engaged with you. But your voice is amazing.
Simon- Look good, thought it was an unusual choice of song, over sang it, lost control of song at end. Came over as angry. Out of kilter, wrong song. You might be in trouble after tonight.
me- Still think she has a great voice, She over sings. I think the tattoos are why she ends up in the bottom each week.

David A- Angels
Randy- I loved when you did those runs at the end. Hottest moment all season. Loved it loved it.t
Paula- That sums it up for me, fantastic
Simon- Best song choice of the year. Best pop songs written, but your vocal nasal, end better than beginning. Still you will sail through to next round.
me-Didn't like it as much as usual. Played the piano and I think that threw him off. Little pitchy in the middle. Still like him and his voice tho.

Brooke- You've Got a Friend (Carol King version)
Randy- Liked that, yeah. For me, not your best. Just OK. Alright.
Paula- You're definitive, one of my favorite songs,. perfect way to end the night
Simon- Nice, not original pleasant, nice walk in the park.
me- Love Brooke! Her dress looked like a 70's sofa! But the performance was good, little subdued. She kind of threw it away.

Well, worst tonight were Carly, Syesha and Brooke :):eek:)
Leaving? Carly or Syesha.

This is the link to the original version of Jason's song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-uL2M3xvM&feature=related
sadly, the artist died.

K

korinalacount

Re: A I TONIGHT

Unfornately I agree about the bottom 3,and Jason slightly redeemed himself with a version I love of that song,Somewhere Over the Rainbow,gonna miss tonights Idol Gives Back as will be at BB King Concert! And thanks for doing these recaps Connie!

R

reggae

Connie, thanks so much for doing the recaps. I didn't get to watch last night, and now after reading this, I have an idea of what's going on.

Then I watched Jason's "Somewhere over the rainbow" on Youtube. What a performance! I just love that song, one of my all-time favorites. I have it on my cruise music list by the original singer.

Thanks again, Connie :)

O

Olga

I am sick over Michael John leaving. He's been great all along. The audience and the AI finalists were also shocked. It was visible everywhere, down through the judges. I wanted Syesha or Kristy out. Both are predictable and boring to me. He WILL have a great career. He'll be in a league with Chris Daughtry, another of my former favorites who made it to the top.

C

conniecat

Startled me, too. Dial Idol had him in 5th, with Carly, Syesha and David Cook the bottom 3, David in 6th, the other two tied for the bottom.

K

korinalacount

Wow you never know what to expect on this crappy show anymore,you would think with his looks and personality the voters(us) would of kept him in,go figure,sure hope that Kristy doesnt go much farther,I still dont like Carrie Underwood,dont need another one of her! Man it was depressing to watch last night!

C

cjbee

I think Michael did not appeal as much to the teeny-boppers as the others did. I think they do most of the calling.....

O

Olga

Votefortheworst.com has Kristy as their goddess. I hope they're not working overtime on the phone lines.