A Dell Inspiron Question?

R

r8derfan

We bought a Dell Inspiron over the weekend and we love it. My question is where is the slot for a Floppy Disk? I see the slot for the CD/DVD but no floppy. I'm at work now so I can't tell you the model or anything like that. Hmm.

J

jetblue

In general most computers don't come with floppy disks anymore unless you specifically ask for it and pay a higher price. In todays technological savvy world to replace the floppy disk you can use either a flash drive which is like carrying around a tiny key chain that holds about 1GB of memory or you can always burn CDs as long as your CD/DVD drive is labeled as an RW.

G

Gayle V

Just out of curiousity, I'm wondering how much memory the floppy disk could hold ? My computer has the ability to do floppys but I've never used one. I don't really need to store much, so I only do so in my computer, and back up with a little flash drive.

J

jetblue

Floppy disks were notorious for only holding 1.44MB. In other words you couldn't fit more than 2 pictures on one floppy disk. Sure is a big difference between a floppy disk and flash drive!

L

lyndabaker

I have a Dell Inspiron that I got in 05 and absolutely love it. It did not come with a floppy as these discs are rarely used anymore. You can buy a separate external floppy drive if you think you really need one. I have not missed not having one at all.