Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning! A bit warmer this morning than it was this time yesterday & for that I am glad!

Dave, I've seen some of those diamond painting kits & they are not cheap, I also think I'd go cross-eyed trying to glue down all those tiny pieces! Good for Kathi on creating more memories with the grandkids!

Kathie, what a nice thing to do for your neighbor! I'm sure he will enjoy snacking on those when he get's home. Sure wish I could find a pet sitter who would leave me blueberry or any other scones. :)

Bill, Yikes on having the checking account compromised, sure hope they didn't make off with any of your money! And I agree it's a MAJOR pain getting all the auto deposits & auto payments switched over. The credit union I am getting my loan through has offered me a free checking account, no minimum balance & no monthly fees, I'm really tempted but think I'll wait a little while on that!

Pat, glad the turkey dinner turned out good, bummer about the gang not leaving you enough turkey for leftovers. That's always my favorite part too, turkey sandwiches on white bread with mayo!

Lee, glad you enjoyed your trip to little Mt. Dora! I haven't been there in ages, but look forward to the chance to meet up with you & LuAnn there

Nancy, sure hope the Doctors can do something to get your hand & neck pain under control. Continuous pain like that can sure wear a body down

Nothing much going on around here, found out yesterday a cousin from Ohio is in town. She had mentioned meeting at a local restaurant that is very loud & noisy & we suggested meeting at my house instead. Haven't heard anything back yet so don't know if we're meeting or not.
Need to get a move on if I'm going to make it to church, will be sure to put in a word for all of you!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Read Happy Sunday GIF by Denyse®
It's a SNOW SUNDAY here in PURE MICHIGAN. Light snow and steady for now! 28F. Brrrr. No Wind.

Nancy: Sure hope things get better with your neck, shoulders and hands. Have you tried COLD ICE BAGS (or frozen peas) on your hands and neck. Soak your sore hand in ice cold water for 10 mins and see if that might help. The athletics do that ICE COLD BATH TUB for their sore muscles. Can't hurt to try it. February can't come soon enough for you. Take care.

Dave: I'll be honest with you. I made the mistake of getting nice and cozy in bed, sitting up, when I opened the new book. I got through maybe 10 pages and was sleeping! :emoticon 0140 rofl: Guess I needed the sleep more than the pleasure of reading the book. I'll try again today.

I like your choices for today's football games. I'm not a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles, so they're out for me. And you have to root for your HOME BOYS from Cincinatti, OHIO. So, I think we're on the same track. Looking forward to a good game.
And after SUPER BOWL is over we have slight break in sports until MARCH MADDNESS Basketball hits.

Always a good sign that the worst of Winter is over and we made it through another snowy season!

HI KAREN: I see you just popped on and off. Hope church has their after service social today! Thanks for putting in a good word. I'm staying home since it's snowing and I don't want to take a chance on the roads. It's a 25 mile trip one-way for me. Hope the cousin shows up.

Fun watching the BIRDS on the backyard feeders. We got the following variety coming here:
Cardinals, Males stand out with the white snow background. So pretty
Nut Hatch
Woodpeckers (male & female) Beautiful bird.Sparrows
Doves
Juncos
Finches
And you won't believe it, but we actually see Robins up in the trees. They don't come for any of the seeds. I don't know how they make it down here through the Winter. They like berries and worms. Non of those around here now. Strange.

You all stay warm, safe and use Sunscreen when outside if you're in any sun. (that goes for you Lee & Lu-Ann)

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Had a hard time getting to sleep but once I did I slept all night. Not sure what today will bring. I hope to be able to watch the end of the Rolex 24 hours.

Had a new message about the camper shell. Maybe this one will come by and buy it.

K2, I don't think ice would help, as when I turn on the hot water in the bathroom sink I get COLD water and my hands ache more until the heat comes thru. So will just keep using the heat. It seems to help. Last night I put some of the Rx gel on the shoulder and it has helped so after my shower will put more on.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! As Karen said, the weather is much better today than the past few days. Definitely will make it out onto the lanai later.

Had a nice surprise this morning. Wesley brought over some biscuits and sausage gravy for us. This is a favorite of mine and when they were living with us, I loved when they'd decide to make it. We haven't had it since they moved into their new house almost 14 months ago. It sure hit the spot this morning.

Dave - Missy did one of those diamond pictures. It came out beautiful. Sort of reminded me of doing cross stitch embroidery. Very tedious to say the least. Nice that Kathi was able to help the granddaughter complete her picture.

Kathie - Good idea not going to church today with the snow. You really don't want to take any chances driving that distance in your weather. That was so nice of you to leave those scones for your neighbor. I bet he was surprised and very happy to get them,

Karen - What restaurant did your cousin want to go to? I do hope they show up at your house and you don't just sit there waiting for them.

Nancy - Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to do something to make it better after your visit with him.

Lee & Bill - Where are you off to this morning? Time to check in with the rest of the family.

I think we have enough leftover diced up turkey for dinner tonight and anything that's left will get chucked. I've had my turkey fill for a couple of months. Next biggie will be a spiral sliced ham that we're agin in the refrigerator. LOL

Time to read the Sunday newspaper and see what deathSantis is up to now. He's bound to have pi$$ed off another group by now!

Have a super Sunday, everyone! Go Eagles!!!!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Our Credit Union has been quite good about handling our checking account problem so that is a positive note in the situation.
Since we have been here we haven't seen many (perhaps not any) Celtics games on TV but we did watch last night's game and found out that they had just experienced a three game losing streak. Well last night they came from behind and won their match against LeBron and the Lakers in an exciting overtime. Not sure if our not watching the previous games was responsible for their losses or the fact that we did watch this game led to their victory, but we do feel somewhat responsible. Will have to check the TV schedules more carefully in the future.
Not sure whether to root for Philly or SF in today's game since both team's QBs were on our fantasy team and played a major role in our success. In the AFC game, I have to root for the Bengals if only because I am not a fan of either the KC QB or their coach. Both games should be worth watching whatever the outcomes.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
As the sun passes over the yard arm it’s a good time to hit the pool deck. With a beverage in hand. Coffee now, adult grape juice later.
What a neat surprise. Not only a knock at the door and it was Wesley but he came bearing biscuits and grave for you Pat.
Good to know that your financial institution is taking care of things for you Bill. What a pain.
Hope that the run of warmer weather helps your aches and pains Nancy.
I’ll let you know when we are going to be home and the code for the garage Kathie. Just leave the scones anywhere. Hey, that was such a nice thing to do for your neighbour. Good call on staying off the snowy roads.
Gosh Karen, I hate it when things like the visit with your cousin are up in the air. I agree though. If you’re meeting up for a visit and a hat you don’t want it to be in a noise factory. Did you make it to church?
Can‘t say I’d ever heard of diamond painting kits Dave so l looked on Amazon. Interesting if I get them right they’re almost like a paint by number?
I think that I have to root for The Chiefs and The Eagles with KC taking home the big prize on February 12.
We had a quick trip to The Springs this morning for a coffee and a walk about. I tried to scam a free Ghirardelli square but they don’t give them out any more. I told them it was for my “snow bound friend“ in Michigan but the clerk didn’t seem to care.
Have a great Sunday folks.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Pat, my cousin wanted to go to Mojo's, that place is loud & expensive. We've gone there before with family & you can't even carry on a conversation. They agreed to come here & Barb is going to pick them up & pick up Sonny's BBQ for lunch. works for me

Kathie, no after church social for me today, I had to slip out before service ended because of company coming, my bad

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Had a nice visit with my cousin, much more relaxing than it would have been in a noisy restaurant. Weird to me though, they picked up over $100 worth of food at Sonny's, which we didn't eat half of, then left it with us because "they don't do leftovers"! Holy cow, not sure how she came up with that our family LOVES leftovers & plans meals to especially have them. But oh well, their loss, I got some nice ribs & pulled pork for later in the week.

Gonna kick back & relax now, catch up with you all tomorrow!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Went to lunch and then to Lowe's, where Bruce wanted to get a cherry Tomato plant so I found a nice one and then found a bunch of plants for me. Now I just have to replant all the things I got.

Since my neck has been hurting so much Bruce gave me one of the pills he got from the pain Dr, well it slightly took the edge off but not much. So won't be taking any again.

Dinner was lasagna and it was good. Tomorrow I need to cut it up and freeze some, probably most of it.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: You have to know if we were down in Florida and in the same Subdivision and I made SCONES you and Lu-Ann would either be invited over for coffee and scone or two or I'd deliver them. Sure wish we were there with you guys. It's REALLY COLD here tonight 26F. And on Thursday NIGHT we're going down to 1 DEGREE. Time to make sure I have all the staples in the refrigerator. Like: Celery, onions, peppers, carrots, milk & Bread,etc. I'm pretty set on everything except the celery & onions!
It's good to know we'll be in the MONTH of FEBRUARY by Wednesday. If I can make it through Feb I'll know I can handle March. (Although March is a tricky month. Could go good or bad)

Bill: Good to know that the credit union is handling the checkbook incident. Still like to know how you were made aware of it for our own reference.

Our neighbor came over earlier and chatted about his Florida vacation. Had a fantastic time. Stayed in a house his Brother-in-law rented with his Sister at $300 bucks a night. YUP, his BIL is doing well. They treated him like a king. He said it was a very special trip. His sister is aware that he works REALLY HARD to keep up the house and support his 2 kids since is divorce years ago. Both his kids go to Michigan Colleges. I'm so happy he got to have a nice break.
Anyways, he loved the special surprise of the Scones. He brought us a Thank You card for Art watching the cats and it had 8 lotto scratch offs in it. After we scratched them off the winnings came to $8 dollars. Now isn't that nice! I'm a BIG fan of buying Scratch-Offs instead of things like flowers or candy for people who are in the hospital, at home sick or just need a pick-me up. You never know when you might win big on one of those crazy things.

Nancy, hope your hands and neck, etc get better. Not fun hurting.

BB: I have some stories to tell you about my neighbor's trip and what he did one day. CRAZY!

Gotta go watch ALL CREATURES GREAT & SMALL. NITE ALL.

Freezing Warm Up GIF by MOODMAN

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
And let's begin a new week, shall we?

Lucky you getting snow yesterday, K2. Nothing here. Today is our lucky day. You sure get quite the menu of bird species. The only thing I ever learned about White Breasted Nuthatches when I was a kid is they can walk down a tree's trunk, upside down. No joke.

I'm like you KC, I'd go cross-eyed putting those colored pieces of glitter on one piece at a time, using what looks like the point of a pencil. (Nice haul on $50 worth of leftovers.)

And you are right Lee; Diamond Painting is like painting by the numbers.

And like you said BB; It appears to be very tedious. In spite of the granddaughter saying it was fun.

Sorry you picked the Bengals yesterday, Bill. I didn't, but Kathi did. A real barn-burner of a win for Kansas City in the last 3 seconds. Of course my pick of the 49ers went down the tubes.

Made a big pot of one of my "Brews" yesterday. This one will get your attention since I cut up a whole bag of Spicy & Hot beef jerky into little pieces, and added that to the mix. Hotter than a picture of Lee in a thong and knee socks.
1f628.png

A’Burg Guy

Happy So Excited GIF by Sherlock Gnomes

And there ya have it Dave. Hot, hot, hot. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Should that flag have been thrown at the end of the Bengals /Chiefs game? Half the fans say yes. Half say no. Depends what side you’re rooting for. It will be interesting to see how the odds makers call The Super Bowl!
Kathie, I know that you would take care of us. You are a good friend and neighbour.
When you’re on your own or even two of us it’s hard not to have leftovers Karen. we too plan so,e meals around leftovers. At least you had a nice visit.
Pat, how does Friday Feb 10 or Sat Feb 11 sound for TB? Either day is good for us. Wekll let you and Bert pick the time.
Another win for Acura and Helio Castoneves at The Rolex Nancy. He’s a good driver no matter what he is racing.
I have to reach out to the property manager today. The keyless lock isn’t working. With their permission I changed the batteries on Friday. It was intermittent all weekend and completely quit working last night. At least there’s a backup key.
Have a great Monday my friends.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. No real plans for today other than pick up a Rx and return the heating pad.

Lee, did not see the end of the Rolex but it is nice the Helio won.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-morning Wrabbits Dave : We are, as you said, LUCKY today. We have a light steady snow going on until 1:00 pm! Tonight we go down to 4F!
LEE….no matter what the temp is in FL it’s better than here! LOVE your little guy in a thong. Now to figure out how to get that out of my head! Yikes!

As for the 2 Football games yesterday. Horrible calls from the Refs. They need to get glasses or have more of them spaced around for these really important games.

Art is on the big computer and this phone is about to die out!

Karen: Enjoy your great leftovers. Glad you had a nice home visit. Much better than a noisy restaurant.

Out of here for now. Be safe when going into stores, etc! Covid and Flu germs are still everywhere! Only YOU can PROTECT YOU! Don’t worry about the others. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

No WIND here, so the snow looks so neat falling STRAIGHT down.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good late morning, everyone! Another beautiful day in paradise, aka Florida, today. It's already 79 degrees going up to about 85 this afternoon. I love it!!

Lee -Great picture in the speedo. Friday, February 10th works best for us. How does 12:30 to meet up sound to you? Actually, almost any time works for us, so if you can think of a better one, let me know.

Dave - So aside from your hot and spicy beef jerky, what else went into this "Brew". Inquiring minds need to know.

Karen - Lucky you to have all those leftovers from Sonny's BBQ. When we built this house, we were so excited to have a Sonny's near us. Within a few month the business closed and the building got sold. It is now a Hispanic funeral home. The nearest Sonny's is now about 45 minutes away. Bummer!! Glad you had a nice visit with your cousin. Do they get to Florida very often?

Bill - Glad you're able to straighten out that mess with your credit union's help. That's always a good thing.

Nancy - Have you ever tried rubbing Aspercreme with lidocaine on your hands? I use it when my heals are hurting going to bed. It works really well for me.

Kathie - Glad your snow is falling gently with no wind. That always looks so pretty. Sounds like you are hunkering down for a long winter wanting to have all that stuff on hand.

I am so football finished after yesterday. Glad to see the Eagles win so big. I do have to agree that the officiating was terrible during both games. How they can change that, I haven't a clue. I was just glad both teams I was rooting for won.

Heading down the block this afternoon to our friend's, the retired doctor, house for drinks and some good old fashioned chit chat. We haven't been able to get together with them for quite a while. They are always so busy going to every festival and produce market you can think of. I get tired just listening to the list of where they've been or where they are going. It's always fun to get together with them.

As far as dinner tonight, I haven't a clue. I'm leaning towards Publix fried chicken, which is on sale this week, and some salads. I need a break once in a while too from cooking!!

Right now it's time for me to pick some herbs to bring with us this afternoon. The stuff in my planter is going wild with so much growth. I need to give lots of it away these days!!

Have a wonderful day, gang, and stay safe.

A’Burg Guy

Back from Trader Joe’s in Doctor Phillips. Traffic wasn’t too bad. When did “Two Buck Chuck” become “Four forty nine Chuck?“ We should be good for food for a bit.
Friday February 10 at 12:30 it is Pat! We’re on the calendar. That reminds me, I wanted to get my Publix Fried Chicken while it’s on sale.
Now we MUST get a day to meet Karen in Mount Dora.
Martin was here while we were out. He’s been Sunshine’s property guy for ages. He swapped out the batteries too. Once he realized that didn’t resolve the problem he switched the lock. Good to “come and go“ once more.
Did I hear “pool time”?

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good late morning, everyone! Another beautiful day in paradise, aka Florida, today. It's already 79 degrees going up to about 85 this afternoon. I love it!!

Lee -Great picture in the speedo. Friday, February 10th works best for us. How does 12:30 to meet up sound to you? Actually, almost any time works for us, so if you can think of a better one, let me know.

Dave - So aside from your hot and spicy beef jerky, what else went into this "Brew". Inquiring minds need to know.

Karen - Lucky you to have all those leftovers from Sonny's BBQ. When we built this house, we were so excited to have a Sonny's near us. Within a few month the business closed and the building got sold. It is now a Hispanic funeral home. The nearest Sonny's is now about 45 minutes away. Bummer!! Glad you had a nice visit with your cousin. Do they get to Florida very often?

Bill - Glad you're able to straighten out that mess with your credit union's help. That's always a good thing.

Nancy - Have you ever tried rubbing Aspercreme with lidocaine on your hands? I use it when my heals are hurting going to bed. It works really well for me.

Kathie - Glad your snow is falling gently with no wind. That always looks so pretty. Sounds like you are hunkering down for a long winter wanting to have all that stuff on hand.

I am so football finished after yesterday. Glad to see the Eagles win so big. I do have to agree that the officiating was terrible during both games. How they can change that, I haven't a clue. I was just glad both teams I was rooting for won.

Heading down the block this afternoon to our friend's, the retired doctor, house for drinks and some good old fashioned chit chat. We haven't been able to get together with them for quite a while. They are always so busy going to every festival and produce market you can think of. I get tired just listening to the list of where they've been or where they are going. It's always fun to get together

Heading down the block this afternoon to our friend's, the retired doctor, house for drinks and some good old fashioned chit chat. We haven't been able to get together with them for quite a while. They are always so busy going to every festival and produce market you can think of. I get tired just listening to the list of where they've been or where they are going. It's always fun to get together with them.

As far as dinner tonight, I haven't a clue. I'm leaning towards Publix fried chicken, which is on sale this week, and some salads. I need a break once in a while too from cooking!!

Right now it's time for me to pick some herbs to bring with us this afternoon. The stuff in my planter is going wild with so much growth. I need to give lots of it away these days!!

Have a wonderful day, gang, and stay safe.
As to the Aspercreme, no because of the Rx's I am on they no to any form of Asprin.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening, I have no idea where the day went, but it left in a hurry where ever it was headed! :eek:

Lee, is that your audition video for the Chippendales you posted earlier? Other than Feb. 2, 6th & 13th my schedule for the month is clear.

Pat, were you able to get your Publix chicken tonite? I have a $2 off a $10 purchase at Publix, it may just end up being used for fried chicken, haven't had any in ages.

Dave, so how did the brew turn out this morning? You never fail to amaze us with the concoctions you come up with.

Kathie, sounds like a good time to just stay home & binge watch a few tv shows or tackle some more knitting projects, I'm sure you have a few more friends in mind who would enjoy one.

Fixed a Smithfield seasoned pork loin for dinner tonite. I had taken it out of the freezer for dinner on Sat. & after Barb came for lunch I wasn't hungry enough to fix a big meal for dinner. Then Sundays company & BBq changed the menu plans again so I HAD to get it made tonite. Turned out pretty good, I made some baked sweet potato slices with apples, butter & brown sugar & Barb had brought me some homemade applesauce so I had some of that 2. Best part is I have 2 nice size pieces to put in the freezer for another time.

And that's about all I have to rattle on about tonite, did get a chance to visit with a few friends in the complex today when I walked down to mail a letter. My 1 friend lives on the main road & uses her garage as a "front porch" so I stopped by & chatted with her, then a couple other folks stopped by also while out walking their dogs or just walking. Was kind of nice to just kick back & socialize a bit.

Awwww, I just saw where Cindy Williams died last week, another good actress gone

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Interesting picture of you in a thong Lee. Stealing a phrase from the movie "Roadhouse" now......."I thought you'd be bigger". At the moment, the spread on the Superbowl is only 2 points. With Philadelphia predicted to win it.

BUT, I'm still taking the Kansas City Chiefs.

K2; Looks like we've got a cold week ahead for us. Around here, some days won't even get out of the teens. But one good thing, it'll be dry all week and through the weekend.

"So aside from your hot and spicy beef jerky, what else went into this "Brew" Well you asked BB. I used cans of veggies. 4 cans of mixed vegetables, 2 cans of corn, 2 cans of creamed corn, 2 jars of sliced mushrooms, 2 bags of frozen chopped broccoli, 1 can of spicy re-fried beans, lots of black pepper, plus the hot and spicy beef jerky bits. A delicious and nutritious breakfast of champions.

And yes KC, quite yummy to the tummy.

Then most of it goes into small containers for the garage freezer.

With nothing on my schedule today, I hope to get on the stationary bike and start watching another movie this morning.