Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wow…all these early birds posting this morning!
I got up on my own at 6:10 am. The morning LIGHT from outside got me up. Had the windows open last night, but today we’re climbing back up towards the 90’s.
Just too HOT for this Northern gal.

Dave:
Sedans are a thing of the past….unfortunately. The Corsair is just the right size for me. I only wish we had it when we did all those trips to Florida.

Lee: Good for Lu-Ann planning for next years Winter vacation. St Augustine was one of our outings when we stayed in Kissimmee area that one year. We did a day trip there. Nice museum there and a huge lighthouse that I walked all the way to the top. Nice view! Since it was Winter, there wasn’t much going on there when we were there.

Dave: You can’t even compare Canada Dry Ginger Ale to Vernors. Two totally different tastes. Canada Dry has a DRYER CRISP tastes and Vernor's is much sweeter. I actually like both! I enjoy the Diet Vernor’s because it doesn’t have that after tastes to it. Always good to try somwthing different.

Today I need to program my AUTO’s button that opens the garage door. It seems to always take me a few tries to get it set right!

I‘m feeling all the aches from all that mulching and lifting and bending I did yesterday. THOUGHT OF KAREN AND ALL SHE DOES FOR THE COMMUNITY and I give her a lot of credit for helping those folks make their property look nice! But it sure does make your muscles sore!

Pat: I’m glad to read that your wounds are healing so well. Thank goodness you finally got the care you did and saved your toes and legs. That’s one reason I went to my Internist about the numbness in my feet. I told her straight out I didn’t want to loose any toes because I ignored the numbness that comes and goes, but is there most of the time.

Karen: Hope all is good with you.

I’m out of here for now. Be back later when the HEAT makes me stay inside!
Going to try and get a bike ride in right now!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick check in from Belleview before I head off to Barb's in a little bit, we have to figure out how to get the cabinet she bought a couple weeks ago in the corner closet of her bathroom. We "think" if we can life it above the baseboard it will fit & will then buy higher legs for it, it not I'll have to take the trim pieces off the bottom of it as it's just a hair to wide to fit
Had 2 more ladies call me yesterday for yard work, turns out they are sisters & saw my name on the notice about the community help committee, neither one knew the other was calling me. One sister is 90 yrs old & just moved in recently, how can you NOT feel good about helping someone like that, just made me feel happy all night after talking to her. I also stopped by to see Miss Reba & see how her flower bed is doing, pulled a couple weeds for her & chatted a bit, she's thrilled with how the garden turned out.
Kathie, nice looking car, and Aleve is my friend! If I can remember I take one before I start a project & for sure after I'm done.
Time for me to give Scooter her meds & get a move on...later gang!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! It's hot and sticky here too, Lee. As usual this time of the year, they are calling for rain around 2. It never happened near us yesterday, but who knows if we will be that lucky today.

Doctor visit went well yesterday afternoon. The podiatrist was very happy with how my feel took now. I thanked him for sending me to the vascular surgeon and probably saving my lower right leg. Next visit will be if I want them to cut my nails in 3 months.
Today we are off to the wound doctor. Shouldn't see him too many more times, as most of the wound are healed.

Lee - I was a huge Herb Alpert fan back in the 60s. I used to blast his album while I was cleaning our apartment. Of course, I made sure the landlord wasn't home. Didn't want to get us tossed out! LOL

Dave - Here, any doctor's office or hospital you go into, you have to wear a mask. If you don't have one, they will give you one.

Kathie - The new wheels look beautiful. I have that sparkily type paint on our old bunny. It's called "white diamond". I agree in that as the owners, we're the only ones to see it!!

Nancy - Bert has his hearing aids back to the doctor for a reset every once in a while. I think they stink, as he still can't hear worth a d*mn!!! Wow! You really went to be early!

Bill - We passed on the helicopter ride because I was chicken. Backed out at the last minute. Boy, was Bert mad at me for the rest of the day. Hee Hee!

Time to get ready to head for the doctor. Oh joy! I thin Missy is coming over this afternoon for a little while. She's still suffering from that bump on her head with headaches. Plus bright lights are bothering her eyes, so she has to wear sun glasses while at work. She really did a number on herself.

Have a wonderful day, gang. Try to stay dry from either the rain or humidity!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I got a good full night's sleep and only woke up once after going to bed early. Yesterday I got a package of things I ordered and today am sending two items back as one is too big and the other is too small.

Negc, I once rode in a helicopter, it was at an air show and we had our oldest grandson so Bruce paid for the two of us to fly. I was inside between two people and Michael was on the side . Glad he had a good seat belt on. And because all the doors open I had a mild panic attack as I have a fear of falling, so it was not that enjoyable for me, but of course Michael loved it. And I am afraid that $400 per person is way too much for us. My friend does not have to worry about the cost, when her Mother died she was sole heir and one thing she inherited was a condo on Clearwater Beach on the inlet, the taxes the first year were just under $10,000 and she did not even flinch at that cost, she does rent it out about 3 times a year for no more than two weeks at a time. So I know that she also inherited a bunch of money.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen you get a thousand KUDO’S from me for doing the gardening for the Sweet Older Gals! Bless you.
I just got done doing the side of our house and the patch that is the neighbors property. I asked permission early this morning and Sue said “Sure go right ahead”! I made a point of telling her we did it for their view. Since we never see that side if the house. I think she may have said THANK YOU, but I’m not sure! Ha ha.

Anyway, I’m dying from the heat and humidity outside.

LEE I hope you boys aren’t working on that pool deck today. Just not a wise thing to do in this heat the next few days.

Nancy how nice that your friend inherited such a nice condo and money to pay those high taxes. We never were that lucky! :(

I need to rest up a little and then go get the supplies to make those Tummy Baked Beans to take to the Lake cottage on the 4th.

BB: I’m so glad to hear that all these Dr appts are finally paying off. Get those nails trimmed. It’s important and God knows you can’t do it yourself!
And don’t forget to DRINK lots of water to stay healthy.

Here’s the side of the house pics. I know how we all LOVE PICTURES.
Do you just love the mugs our salesman gave us at the dealership yesterday. Just a nice size.
Oh Lordy, I see the Delta pilots are on picketing! Joy joy!
And we have a new Supreme Court Justice that just got sworn in! Yippie! Bless her
82F37744-9319-4FCD-BC07-A6A98F9164A9.jpeg20DB5DE0-DD43-4C56-B18D-2E06AF4693E2.jpegC5350DC4-5B49-44E5-8FE5-9960183B778B.jpeg4DE279FD-5E32-46C4-8955-C97BFFDE7A92.jpeg

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
The tree roots made a nice divider for the MULCH and the grass. It looks kind of sketchy, but I left the good grass and just filled the bare spots. I need to water it daily in this weather to make sure it starts to grow.
You can see the two trees are already dropping leaves on my nice fresh work. STRESS from the heat. Poor trees.

We had a nice dinner in "our family room".

And I need to correct the spelling of the beans I'm making. YUMMY not Tummy beans. Ha Ha.

Okay, I did the dishes and now I'm going to start to chop a onion and green pepper and figure out if I'm going to do the bacon on the grill on foil outside or in the basement. I think it will be OUTSIDE. Last thing I need is bacon smell all night! Ha Ha.

Oh and then later I get to fold the 2 loads of clothes I did before the workers showed up.

We had a house full of workers today.
A floor guy came to match up our lovely kitchen floor where the OLD ISLAND was. He did a great job. Noisy with all his banging and sawing, but it matches nicely. Thank goodness we bought wood from Canada at least 4 years ago when we were thinking of doing this kitchen back then.
Then the Quartz guys, yes 2 came to make sure the measurements were good. There was a question about one angle that the guy who puts the info in the computer wanted to make sure was correct. That was like a 50 min ride to get from the shop to our house. WOW, I was impressed that they cared enough to check it twice.
The wall oven-micro combo got installed today. LOVE IT!
The hood-Fan with the stack got put in too.
The dishwasher is out of the box and in the kitchen. They wanted to make sure it would fit in the area okay. Yup, it works.
The cooktop is in the hole for size only. It comes out so the Quartz guy can cut the hole to size next Tuesday!

It's starting to come together. One week at a time.
I keep telling the contractor, NO RUSH on our part. Which is true.

Okay enough about my silly kitchen.

It's HOTTER than HOT here. 98 F . And I don't want to know the Heat Index.
Scorching Heat Wave GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

I hope you all had as a productive day as we have over here. I'll sleep good tonight.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Seriously, it's July 1st already???

You guys have been mentioning how most people don't wear masks anymore and mostly act as if Covid is all over with. I beg to differ.

Kathi went for a haircut yesterday. Her hairdresser mentioned that a friend of her's husband died and they had the usual visiting hours and funeral. 3 guesses how many people were wearing masks? Well.......Since this, 8 people who were there have come down with Covid, so far. NOPE, Covid isn't over with.

Happy Canada Day, Lee. To be honest, I have no idea what traditions are practiced on this day. You mentioned fireworks; They've showed some clips on the news showing people with grocery carts full of fireworks at fireworks stores. They've got a lot more money to throw away than I do.

You've got quite the landscaping service developing, KC. Atta boys to you for helping these older people that can't do it themselves. And we know they couldn't afford to call a regular landscaper. A very good deed, young lady.

BB; Around here you must wear masks at hospitals and doctor's offices too. Taking peoples temperatures before they enter has been done away with though.

We too have taken helicopter rides, Bill. While it can feel a bit spooky at first, you get used to the added noise and motions. Our favorite one was in Hawaii. Zooming in and around the high hills and just hovering next to waterfalls.

Thanks so much for more pictures, K2. I'm pleased to hear the progress in your kitchen remodel is going along smoothly. And to think.......you didn't have to move into your daughter's during construction.
1f609.png
1f609.png

Another sunny and 90+ day today. Only goal is stopping at Lowe's for a couple of lights for the white vinyl fence.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits. Another HOT DAY for us Northerners!
Happy July GIF by GIF CALENDAR
The months are slipping by WAY to FAST! And I still haven't got tanned legs! Ha Ha. To think I use to worship the sun and get all tanned! Wish I could tolerate the sun like I use too!

Dave: Regarding MASKS. I was at our local Krogers yesterday to pick up supplies to make those Baked Beans for the 4th of July and I swear there were only 10 people in the entire store that had masks on. And this is one of those SUPER-STORES---BIG! Really a shame.
We have one of those "almost family" type weddings to go to in Sept. This family has been like GOLD to us throughout my entire life and my older brothers, etc, etc. Goes back to grandparents growing old together. I am still on the fence as to going to the reception. I will go to church, because the choir will be singing for the wedding and I can be away from the GOP masses that will be there, but when we get that invitation, it will be hard to say YES instead of NO for going to the reception. I know not one person will have a mask on. Decisions, decisions!

So, we're supposed to have another one of those UGLY HOT HUMID days today.
I'll be watering my new GRASS SEED area on the side of the house early today.
A good day to clean out some of the old individual
doctors' files out. I think after 4-5 years I can throw out old test results. They are meaningless since the doctors don't ask to look at them. Everything is on computers these days. PORTALS hold a lot of info from various doctors I go to.

Karen: You take it easy out on your "gardening duties". Bring a big jug of COLD WATER with you and keep hydrated. Bless you for helping those older folks out. You're most likely their only source of company these days!

PAT:
Have you heard from Gary and Elaine lately? Did you say that her father is still alive and lives in that older home they're
renovating? Or do I have that all wrong?

The beans got made last night and tucked into the basement refrig. Nice to have that out of the way. The bacon got done on the grill on top of foil and it worked out great. Kept all that bacon smell outside. I used the bacon drippings to
sauté the onions. More flavor.
Glad that's done!

Bill: How's the heat over your way?

Lee: I think it was great that you could see the Detroit FIREWORKS from your area. LUCKY!
Any plans for "Canada Day"? How's your Bride doing these days? Any better on that cough?
Tell her to drink plenty of WATER to keep hydrated. Yup, you know me and the water routine. Ha Ha.

Later guys, gotta get that grass seed water. It's already HOT here!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Quick post this morning as it's almost time to head for the doctor's office once again. I am so glad this week is almost over!

Missy & the kids have been here for a couple of hours detailing our car. Nice service, huh? Missy's been wanting to do it for weeks, but this is the first day she could do it.
Later today G&E will be here to pick up more of their crap.

Kathie - Elaine's father still lives in the house. They bought the house from him, but are fixing his areas also. Nice deal, wasn't it?

Speaking of houses, news from next door ... The spool house is on the market!!! It's 3300 sq feet and the asking price is $745,000! Anyone interested? I hope they get close to that price as it raises the value of our house, should we ever want to sell it. :)

Time to get a move on as it's almost time to head out the door. I'll try to stop back later.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A very late good morning. Yesterday Bruce came home early so I got him to the bank so we could get out signatures notarized so I can have payments from my 401K from my last employer direct deposited, guess they want to make sure the other person on the account agrees with this, so it is in the mail today. The earliest payment will not be until October but at least things can get started, They only send payment 4 times a year which is okay.

Not sure how much I will be on starting tomorrow as family will be at the beach and we will be going over every day. On Tuesday the 5th Max will be coming here to spend a week, and he will go to work with Bruce for 3 or 4 days to earn some money.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Happy Canada Day, Lee. Have an adult beverage on us and drink Canada dry!
Hot enough around here that we pretty much stayed home and enjoyed the AC yesterday. Have a few things to do today despite the heat. They are predicting thunderstorms tomorrow. Glad that our event tomorrow is in the clubhouse and not outside.

Your mention of your helicopter ride in Hawaii, Dave, reminded me that we had been scheduled to take one to see a volcano that was cancelled because of torrential rains. Got the T-shirt but missed the volcano!
Sharp looking new vehicle, K2. Looks a lot like Rita's RAV4 except for the color. I think the screen on the dash is a bit smaller than hers.
Nice of Missy to detail your car, Pat. Lisa had my Prius detailed a few years back and they did an excellent job.
Hope everyone has a safe and sane holiday weekend.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Canadian GIF by megan motown
Happy Happy Lee & Lu-Ann. Hope you're having a fantastic day!

Negc:
So far today it's been CLOUDY and 87F. Which was a welcome relief from the SCORCHING SUNSHINE yesterday. Suppose to RAIN sometime today according to the weather folks.
We were able to get a lot done around the yard without having that sun beating on us.

Art had to replace a sprinkler head and he said he was happy that all the rest of the sprinklers worked just fine. Tonight, we will turn them if it doesn't rain. We're not as lucky as last year to have it rain on a almost weekly basis and not have to run the sprinklers. WATER is so expensive here.

Contractors are DONE for today. Holiday weekend and they're all going up to cottages and one main guy is taking a weeks vacation. Not a problem with us at all.

I gave the one guy a bowl of my "special beans" and he loved it. The other guy just doesn't have anything to do with beans. Said he can't handle the texture.

HEY.... Guess what.... IT'S RAINING! Ha Ha.

PAT:
Thanks for the
clarification on the Gary/Elaine and that they bought it from DAD. So, they must like living with a family member! I bet they must all get along for this to happen.
I think you said it was a huge house! You'll have to get Gary to post a picture for us to see what it's like! Better yet, you and Bert should take a drive over there and see it for yourselves one day soon when you're done with all the Doctor visits.

Later gang.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Thank you for all of the Canada D’eh wishes. We look pretty good for being 156.
The heat and threat of thunder storms kept us pretty close to home.
I installed a new toilet in the ensuite. It started acting up just after the one year warranty on the house expired. Then it started “singing” whenever it was flushed. I looked for aftermarket parts but it seems nobody makes them for that brand. The plumbing store that carried the brand locally went out of business last year. So, we have a nice Koehler. Didn’t take but an hour to re and re the toilet. I must say after the job was done I felt a little flushed. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Have to head down to our friends and put out their garbage and recycling. They’re away for three weeks.
I’ll poop, um, POP back later but reckoned I’d best check in before I was reported missing!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
A busy group today with contractors, gardening, cooking, shopping. And you know, I love to read all of it.
We got a passing shower here about 4:00 pm.
The weather does make it tough to grow grass and things up here Kathie. Not enough water, high heat and humidity. Could Art run a pump and hose from the creek to your water system? The cost is why we don’t water the grass.
A lot of people dressed in red and white, a lot of flag waving, picnics, BBQ’s, fireworks and adult beverages Dave. Seeing the mostly maskless crowds in our nation’s capital, Ottawa, I can only imagine Covid cases will rise all across the country once again.
Check in when you can Nancy!
Nice to get The Caddy detailed Pat. I sure hope Missy is taking it easy after that bang on the noggin. Prices sure seem to have risen in Bellalago! I remember Bert showing us prices just a couple, or so it seems, of years ago. High sale prices are always good for the area.
We are going to an outdoor event tomorrow at on of the local wineries Bill. I hope our weather holds.
Does the community help/ gardening group you set up have vests or t-shirts Karen? Something for the residents to associate with your efforts and not wonder who these folks are wandering around other folks homes.
You all enjoy the rest of today!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Checking in from Belleview

Lee, no shirts or vests for the landscape committee, I did run into a friend of mine as I was wheeling my trash can down the street to weed a lady's yard. She asked if I was taking my trash can for a walk, I said yes, getting a trash can was cheaper than a dog & I still get exercise. Happy Canada Day!

Kathie, I'm sure you will enjoy a little peace & quiet while the contractors are gone. Your yard just looks so pretty & green!

Nancy, have fun at the beach with the family!

Bill, nice they still gave you the T-shirt even if you didn't get the ride, hopefully there was a refund involved too.

Pat, Yikes, that's a pretty pricey neighborhood you are living in now. Home prices everywhere are just crazy & I wouldn't be at all surprised if he get's over his asking price.
Nice of Missy to detail the car for you guys, hope she feels better soon. How did she whack her head any how, I missed that part

Dave, hope the solar light hunt was more sucessful than your ice cream & diet 7-up hunts have been

Managed to get one of the sister's flower beds weeded this afternoon, they weren't to bad & it turned dark& cloudy so I decided to take a chance & try to get them done. Finished just before the rain started. Tomorrow morning I start at her sister's house, don't think I will get that project done in 1 day, but should be able to get a good start on it. Now I'm going to grab a shower & call it a night!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Thanks Lee, old buddy, I love it when people make me feel stupid. I had to look up "ensuite" to try and figure out what it is. More confusion since it can be more than one thing. I'm guessing that you meant the bathroom off your master bedroom.

K2; I do like that idea of Lee's whereby you pump water from the creek to water your lawn.

BB; It's nice to see our houses value go up because of the high prices paid for nearby houses. But the downside of it is everyone's property taxes go up.

Nice, and not so hot and humid today.

Need to hit the treadmill or stationary bike.

And that folks is all I got this morning.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Unfortunately, KC, I bought the T-shirt before we learned that the flight was cancelled. At least we did get a full refund for the cancelled flight.
Thunder and Lightning last night beginning about 2am and ending sometime after 4. Loud claps of thunder and some periods of heavy rain (which we need) but everything is bright and sunny this morning. Not sure about the forecast for later this afternoon.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Saturday Night Party GIF by myHQ
It's a perfect Saturday! 73F, no humidity and sunny. If the entire SUMMER could be like this I'd be in my Happy Place for sure.

We wouldn't be able to pump enough water out of the creek to make it worth our time. The creek goes up and down with water levels. It's not a river folks! Ha Ha.

Art is off biking and I'm going to go through the 2 bags of JUNK I took out of the old car. Hate that part of switching to a new car. Umbrella's, Bed, Bath & Beyond folder with coupons in case I pop into one of the stores. They let you use outdated coupons. Hand lotion, Gum in a container (Cubes). And all kinds of other JUNK.

The fact that people are selling homes for so much more is great. But if you are looking for a replacement you'll need every DIME and MORE to buy a NEW ONE. Only way you could make out would be to buy a Mobile home and even that might not work for too long. Price of GAS comes to mind and paying for overnight sites isn't cheap these days. Ha Ha. So, let's just hope we can stay in our own homes long enough not to have to worry about ever moving. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

I got up so early this morning I feel like it's already past NOON.

Have a great day folks and be safe! Come back and tell us about your day.

FYI: LIMES were on sale and I bought a small bag of them. I plan on juicing them and making a REAL Margaretta without that store-bought mix later tonight.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! This is going to be a very l -o- n -g day here for me. I woke up around 3 to use the bathroom and then couldn't get back to sleep as Bert was giving me a one man concert with his snoring! UGH!! To add insult to injury, after I got dressed, he woke up after 9, went to the bathroom, and right back to bed. Within 2 minutes, we was snoring again. He'll probably tell me that he's soooo tired. Can I smack him? LOL

Kathie - Enjoy that break in the heat that you are getting.. When are you going to the lake? Don't forget those beans. We're having M&J over for baby back ribs (3 racks of them!). Among the side dishes we're having what we all call "Jimmy beans" He makes them with a smoked brisket and a slew of other stuff. They are fantastic. He makes a big batch of them and then freezes zip lock bags of them for when they are wanted. Works great that way. Jimmy has had people tell him that he should enter cooking competitions with those beans they're that good. Of course we'll have other stuff too.

Karen - Where do you get all your energy from? I get tired just reading all you are doing each day. Just don't overdo it and hurt yourself. I love your answer about taking your garbage can for a walk. Too funny.

Dave - Our taxes can only be raised 3% from the previous year, and has nothing to do with the value of your property. It's one of the nice perks we have here. Don't feel bad about not knowing what an ensuite was. They don't use that term here and I only learned what it was watching HG TV! :emoticon 0140 rofl:

Bill - Middle of the night t-storms I can usually sleep through. If I wake up, it's got to be a really bad one and then I hide my head under the blanket so I don't have to see the lightning flashing. Today's your lobster fest isn't it? Have one for me too!!!

Lee - Are you trying to compete with Karen installing a toilet? Glad the job went smoothly. Would you believe we have not heard a single fireworks here yet this year considering we are surrounded with fireworks stands selling them for buy 1 get 2 FREE. Of course, fireworks are illegal here in Bellalago, but people will still set them off and hope no one reports them and they get a violation. From what I'm seeing weather wise for Monday. It's going to be a pretty soggy 4th around here.

Time for me to get off here now. I want to boil potatoes for potato salad and then blanch and freeze any peaches we still have left. Then maybe I can take a nap. What a joke that is! I think Bert wants to do some running around this afternoon. I'll go with him, as long as it isn't raining.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!