Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Freezing Cold Weather GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
8 degrees here right now! But.... it's SUNNY!! :clap002:

Dave: Sealing liquids in the Food Saver isn't a issue if you just PRE-FREEZE. I have 3 containers in the basement freezer full of the yummy Tomato Sauce I made yesterday. Later today I'll bring them upstairs and VACUUM SEAL them for future use. Never any crystals of ice if you use the Food Save machine. I love it. It's best for chicken pieces and pork chops. I remember having to throw that kind of stuff out because of freezer burn. Not anymore. And when I find a bargain on meats (not many bargains lately) that machine came in handy BIG TIME!

LEE: Like Dave said...........we sure hope you missed the bad weather that has been all over the TV. By now you should be home-free and approaching your final destination today. Hope you didn't put your SHORTS on just yet. You don't want to "look like a Canadian SnowBird"! LOL

Today we are going to be busy taking down our Vertical Blinds in the kitchen Bay Slider Door area. (known to me as a doorwall area) and the Bay kitchen sink window and laundry room window.
The Plantation Shutters that we ordered months ago have made it to the USA. I just PRAY they fit and look good and work. The vertical blinds have worked for decades, but I've always wanted the shutters. Since we haven't gone on our extended vacations because of Covid, we spent some of the money on these shutters.

Dang it looks like something like Dr Zavago outside. Bright, but totally cold.

Pat: Like Dave said..... hope you got the 1st and last months rental fee and deposit from G&E. The nice part is that they will be bringing their CLEANING LADY with them!

How many dogs do they have? Have they been looking for a new house yet?
Stay warm down your way.

I'm off to get some HOT COFFEE and then get busy on our project. Always Something!!

You all have a fantastic day. Check in and let us know what went on.

Nancy... I just saw that you posted. Did the cruise company actually say they were mailing you a refund or were they just thinking about it.

DAVE: You should try and see if RCCL would refund your $4000. Never hurts to keep trying. Of course, you might just really want to go on the cruise after being in the house all this time. Have you looked into buying a HAZMAT SUIT? Ha ha. Can never be too safe these days.
We had booked thru an online TA and they said a refund to the way we had booked which was a credit card so the refund should come thru that way.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Not only do our better half's get to have an escape to match our annual fishing trip but somehow they have managed to make it a week long experience in contrast to our weekend experience.
Just watched three male golfers putting on the hole that our condo looks out on and decided that it must consist of two Floridians and one snow bird because one of the fellows was wearing shorts while the other two were in long pants.
Going to Target in Port St. Lucie later today to pick up a collapsible grocery cart
to make it easier to bring heavy grocery store items from the car into the house.
Hard to believe we have already been here two weeks. Guess time really flies when you are having fun.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
You know when you’re in FL when the speedometer and thermometer both read “75”.
I’m waiting with Katie and Ava while Lu-Ann is in Publix pickin’ up a few things.
I’ll try to catch up later.
Oh ya, 4 1/2 points for your Patriots is good Bill.
Be good my friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
buenos aires florida GIF by /////MONOARTCHIVES//////

LEE: Art said you guys picked the PERFECT DAY to leave on your trip.
You are missing all the 50-60 MPH winds that will hit Atlanta Sunday. Whew!
We’re glad you’re in Florida.
Now don’t over do it cleaning the rental house down! Hopefully, it’s not as bad as it has been in years past ! Hope Lu-Ann remembers to buy some good wine! I know she will!! Ha ha.

We’ve been BUSY here taking down vertical blinds and patching holes in the drywall from the “Molly Hooks”!
Hope all this goes smoothly tomorrow with the shutter install!

Tsunami from the volcanic eruption in Tonga made it all the way to the Pacific coast.

Time to get dinner going. Leftover Lasagna.

New England 0
Buffalo 7
Statue end of the 1st.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
New England 0
Buffalo 7
Statue end of the 1st.
????????? Explanation Please, are you predicting the score of tonight's game or do you know something no one else does, K2?
Had to go to Port St. Lucie to pick up the cart because for some reason it wasn't available at the Vero Beach Target store. Had nice lunch at Longhorn while we were in the area. Cart was relatively easy to assemble once we got it home and will be very good for getting purchases from the car to the condo. Watching the Bengals and Raiders game as a warm up to the Main Event later. Still very little mail arriving from up north. That Trump appointee really messed up the Postal Service.

s

A’Burg Guy

Settling in to watch the game.
Its been a while since we’ve had a bad rental Kathie. Those folks lived in England. Colin had been diagnosed with cancer and just didn’t care about the FL rentals any longer. We know one of the houses was sold for what was owed in back taxes and back HOA fees. We talked to the man who bought it. He gutted it and redid it from top to bottom.
This home was immaculate. There was a nice gift basket waiting for us. Including a bottle of wine!
OK, I’m tired. See you all tomorrow.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
YES LEE, it's time to celebrate you FINALLY getting down to Florida!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

After all you guys have been through this past year, you deserve it. Nice having a bottle of wine waiting on you at your rental. And also a dandy win for your Bills.

I'm happy for you Nancy on being told you're getting a refund for your cruise. Kathi's current plan for getting us a refund, and not a cruise credit, is applying for a medical release through our travel insurance. Due to my slowly deteriorating body. Our family doctor and her nurse practitioner said they'd sign off on it.

Kind of related; I went to Walley World yesterday for a quick in & out for a bunch of 2 liter bottles of Diet 7-Up. (Just over a buck a bottle.) Even though I do use the treadmill, my legs are still slowly getting weaker. But I figured I was good to go as long as I had a grocery cart to hold onto. WRONG. The pop is located all the way to the back of the store. And I needed to sit down when I got back there. So I just plunked my butt down on some large packages of bottled water, until my legs recovered. The funny part of this story; Within a couple of minutes this really old geezer comes up to me sitting there and asks me if I'm OK.

How did we ever get along before we got our vacuum sealers, K2? Yea, we pitched a lot of frozen stuff. Did you ever think this? In the first few days of Lee's arrival in Florida, the locals will see what a real Canadian white-boy looks like.
1f601.png

BB; And where did you go for your summer vacation, little girl? "To Buc-ee's, to look at their bathrooms and all the fuel pumps. Almost as good as Disney-World." Bert does know that those food savers do come with instructions, doesn't he?

Congrats on your fishing trip being a GO, Bill. Obviously you don't have any steps at your place if you can use that collapsible shopping cart to get your groceries inside.

13 degrees here this morning. Staying dry till around 5 this afternoon when the snow begins. And goes all night into Monday morning.

A’Burg Guy

Come to The Sunshine State they said. Well, we have lots of sunshine happening here. Liquid sunshine. But you know what? It doesn't need to be shovelled and it’s not 19F like it is at home this morning.
Dave, if you saw one of these Buc-ee’s places you’d have a good laugh as well. They’re quite the spot. I‘m sorry to hear that you may have to cancel your cruise but you gotta do what you gotta do. With variants of Covid kicking around on a floating Petrie Dish that may not be a bad thing.
Based on todays weather that song should be by “Kool and The Rainy Gang”.
Bill, I will not say anything about last night‘s game. Keep your eyes open. There could be some Pat’s players staying in your community real soon. Real, real soon.
We were indeed very lucky with the weather on our drive Kathie. We have friends leaving Marietta this morning. I don’t envy the forecast in that area, Yep, we followed the drill all the way here and will continue to follow the drill. A real mixed bag at Publix yesterday. Oddly enough it seemed the old folks who already have a foot in God‘s waiting room were unmasked. Perhaps they’re trying to hurry their appointment along…
I hope your refund arrives as easily as the TA made it sound Nancy. No cup holders in the chair? Treat Bruce to all the options.
I knew I should have called you from Buc-ee’s Pat. You know all the good stuff AND I could have brought a whack of Beaver Nuggets for you. Their brisket smelled amazing. They were tossing pecans at another station. A huge fudge bar. Food, wine, clothes and amazingly clean restrooms! They put The Busy Bee to shame. Thanks for welcoming us to FL.
Looks like it’s stopped raining for now. As good a time as any to dazzle the locals with my pasty white legs and take the pups for another walk.
All of us are under a “stay safe warning” today. Because I said so.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: I think I saw a sign at the entrance to the complex that said: "BEWARE of WHITE LEGS ON CANADIAN SNOW BIRDS"! Ha Ha. Hopefully, those legs will get tanned real soon.
Both Art and I couldn't be happier for you and Lu-Ann to FINALLY be at your destination. Yippee. You both deserve a huge break from what we call the UN-NORM! Good to know that the place was clean and even had a "gift basket" waiting for you. Enjoy!
I think after reading your description of Bucc-ee's it would almost be a DESTINSATION VACATION! I wonder if couples get married at this fantastic place. And tell us more about that BRISKET! It was 8F when I got up earlier this morning. So, enjoy the rain and be glad you're not anywhere around here. It will be nice to get a UPDATE from your friends that are traveling right now. Hope all goes well for them.

I hope all you Wrabbits have a fantastic day. Wish I could go to church as I use to and say a prayer for all of us, but I do mention you all each night in my prayers. Hopefully, that helps. I even say a little extra for any missing Wrabbits! ;)

Sure hope today goes well with this Shutter Install. I really don't want any unforeseen surprises.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back.

By the way I made 85 super yummy Choc Chip cookies last night. Amazing how the same recipe can either turn out good or GREAT sometimes. WELL, last
night's cookies turned out FANTASTIC. I'm not a big fan of Choc Chip cookies and I ate 3 of them! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Well the rain should be her in about 20 minutes or so.

Bruce worked almost all day yesterday so we did not go get a new light and with the rain today won't be today.

We got a new newspaper carrier Jan 2nd and he has missed delivery 2 days, so today I filed a complaint on line and neighbors called to complain. Well finally had one delivered, ours was fine our one neighbor got the comics and ads twice but no news.

Got notice yesterday that the dishwasher won't be delivered until March 10th, so another month and half of hand washing everything.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning from grim, wet and chilly Kiss-my-a$$! I can only blame today's weather on Lee. We were fine until the Canadians arrived bringing their crappy weather with them!! Time to send this back north, Lee ... NOW!!!

Bill - Glad you were able to get one of those grocery carts. Sure makes things easier bringing things inside from the car.

Dave - Buc-ee's is a real hoot to go to and wander around. You'd love all the sauces and such that they carry, as well as the things Lee mentioned. You don't ever go to Buc-ee's over the weekend, as it truly does turn into a tourist destination where it's so crowded that you can't even move around inside! Totally amazing to see.

Kathie - That's a nice pile of cookies you made yesterday. So who are you planning to share these with?

Nancy - Sorry you didn't get out for a new light fixture yesterday. I really hate when we've gotten a bad newspaper delivery person. We've been pretty lucky here, except for the times we've gotten the Hispanic version of the Orlando paper or the NY Times instead. Both have rarely happened, so I can't complain too much.

Well, our quiet house is once again about to end! The crew will be moving in today at some time. I don't intend to do very much, so they will be taking care of dinner and anything else they want to eat.

Speaking of eating, it's time for me to get off here and see what Bert is making us for lunch. Soup or a sandwich? That's the big question.

Have a great day, everyone. Stay dry, stay warm & stay safe!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Now honestly, was that any way for the Bills to treat their visitors last night? Not exactly hospitable.
More seriously, congratulations Lee. Your Bills clearly outplayed and outcoached Bill and his troops. Josh Allen proved, once again, that he is a quality quarterback and I would love to see him and TB12 face each other in the Super Bowl. If that happened I would have to back Tom Terrific though. Against anyone else, Josh would probably get my vote. If you send me your mailing address, I will forward your M&Ms.
Gray and rainy beginning of the day here on the East coast. Apparently we were also under a tornado watch or warning until a few minutes ago. We did have very loud thunder boomers and a few bright flashes of lightning. Unless things change I expect we will be staying put, warm and dry inside.
No steps to get in the condo, Dave so the cart means fewer trips between the car and the condo to bring the groceries in. It will also come in handy back home when bringing our purchases into the house from the garage.
Sorry to hear about the delay in delivery of your dishwasher, Nancy. I know the pain of having to do the dishes by hand and am pleased that this place has a dishwasher that works. We never have heard back from GE about their schedule for picking up our defective machine. I know your frustration with the failure of your newspaper person to deliver the daily paper. When we moved to our new home last June we had a similar experience that went on for several weeks despite my complaints to the paper.
Lee, did you forget to close the door when you left Canada? That might explain our recent surge of cooler weather.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
3.5 hours to get the BAY WINDOW shutters installed.
Kitchen & laundry room all done. I love the look.
Total 5 hour install install.
Coming back tomorrow for a adjustment tomorrow and to get paid! Ha ha.

Lee: Hope you’re enjoying a nice glass of WINE right now.

Later gang. Pictures show the panels tilted and not tilted in Eating area bay window and over sink. Laundry room is about the same 2BB441CE-BB2C-4C2E-B281-5A6D69F03DB6.jpeg6A39CACE-14EF-43CA-B712-B9F0D7A4175D.jpeg068AF658-9E2A-4C39-BB3A-B3185492E9F1.jpegB0917F00-30EA-455E-8BEC-2E546A7CEAB8.jpeg

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

We had California Shutters in our other house Kathie. I loved them. Yours look great!
How’s this sound Bill. Hang on to that Abe Lincoln for now. If both my Buffalo Bills and your Tom Brady’s Tampa Bay Bucs make it to the big show I’ll let it ride on the game. If not I‘ll send you my mailing address.
Honest Pat. I checked at home. They said I did close the weather door. I reckon it’s the fault of the nastiest, grumpiest border agent we have EVER encountered. I think he’s sending down Michigan weather just to spite us. Just what was on the lunch menu at “Bert’s Place”?
Nancy, many appliances, including dishwashers, in Canada are weeks behind their “promised” delivery and installation dates. “Supply chain” delays seem to be the catch all.
We took the pups for a walk in Celebration this afternoon. I think tomorrow we plan to go early and wander Disney Springs. See you all later on.
Don’t worry. We KNOW the drill.
Have an excellent night and a better tomorrow.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks Lee: I love the shutters. They have such a clean look. It was time for a change!
Glad you got to stroll around with the pups. Make due to lever know if they’re still handing out Chocolates at “G’s”!

And we need to hear all about the RUDE border agent. What time of the morning did you get to the border? I bet he was just jealous you were going on vacation.

We ‘re binge watching FOOTBALL tonight. Nothing else on the tube typical Sunday.

You all have a good week.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: That one sentence SHOULD say:
Make sure to let me know if they still hand out Chocolate Candies at “G’s”!
I was posting on my iPhone and my finger hits too many keys at the same time.

Goodness KANSAS CITY is running away with their game.
42,- 14 in the 4th quarter.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Bunnies!

A beautiful white wonderland in this part of A-hiya.

It started snowing here about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, and hasn't stopped yet. Should stop by 11 AM. It started as a light fluffy snow. Then about 10 last night it turned into a heavy snow . So I had no idea what we'd be waking up to this morning. Looks like we got about 8 to 10 inches overnight. Snow-blower is going to get a work-out later this morning.

With the snow, and the holiday, kids are probably grumbling that this would have been perfect for a "snow day" from school.

I'd forgotten about today's federal holiday and we set out the trash-can by the street yesterday afternoon. Oh well, it isn't going anywhere until tomorrow morning.

DANDY looking shutters, K2. I'm surprised they did a Sunday installation. Glad to see you spending your kids' and grandkids' inheritance.
1f601.png

You guys mentioned newspapers. Our carrier is a lady of retirement age. The best carrier we've ever had. She left a note with everyone's paper a few days ago that this morning's weather may be crappy, but she'll get them delivered as soon as she can.

Not much else to gab about.

Be safe.

A’Burg Guy

Good Morning Friends!
Pups and us were out for a nice morning walk. A little over a kilometre.
We’re headed to The Springs before it gets busy on MLK Day.
But, before I go, the young lady on “Good Morning Orlando“ said “we should take steps to protect our delicate ornamentals”. I’m thinking she means I may want to wear long pants instead of my shorts today?
There now. Get that thought out of your mind Dave. :oops:
If Ghirardelli is passing out samples Kathie I’ll be sure to have one for you. Does Art want one too?
I’ll be back later to check on everyone’s day.
Enjoy whatever comes your way.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Snow Day GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
WOW DAVE... that's a LOT of SNOW that got dumped on you. And LEE you must live right to have missed all that by a few days. (thank goodness)

Dave, we think of any improvements in or on this house as using the kids inheritance to INCREASE the VALUE for THEM! Ha Ha. If we never updated this place they'd end up getting a lot less when we're gone and they go to sell the place!
It was funny walking into the kitchen and seeing these new shutters on the windows and doorwall. "I like it"!

disney world GIF
Chocolate Mint GIF by Robbins Candle Co

Be right back