Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Its Friday Yes GIF by Denyse®
LIKE THAT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE TO THIS. GROUP! Ha ha.

Lee: Sorry the Cardio call was a basic bust. Hope you can reschedule another BEFORE YOU START taking the new pills. Look them up to see just what the heck he ordered up.
I bet the AmestB history was interesting. Hope it took your mind off of the Cardio guy.

DAVE: Hope the Dual Doctors appt worked out for you guys.
I bought a wire brush that you can put a wood pole into it so Art won’t have to bend down so much when it comes to roughing up the cement before painting it.
He actually liked it and said it will be better than the sanpaper. Whoppee….I scored a plus!

Not much planned for me as of now. It’s
BEAUTIFUL here again today. Love this time of the year, just wish it would last longer!

Enjoy your day Wrabbits. Be safe. And I plan on easing up on the Clergy for a few days. Imhad one priest from Kansas reply to my post. The guynis a JERK. Gave me the “Holy Polite“ answers I wasn’t buying. I’m not done with him or others yet!!

Later.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, y'all! Definitely not the prettiest of days here. Mostly cloudy with t-storms moving in later and continuing into late evening. And that makes another night we won't be going to the Grille for dinner!

Lee - That really stinks that the cardiologist totally disregards time that was scheduled. I'd check with the other doctor before taking any new meds the other guy ordered. So how was the History of Amherstburg? Learn lots of new stuff about the area?

Dave - You'll be happy to know that I doubt there's anywhere we'll be running around to today. That is unless we make a run to Publix. LOL

Kathie - You are really getting mouthy in your old age! Good for you. Sometimes these priests are soo full of themselves that they don't think about their congregation by setting a good example.
I see you posted while I was typing. You can always tell that priest that gave you a "Holy Polite" answer the famous southern phrase - WHY BLESS YOUR HEART!! ;)

I didn't get a chance yesterday to tell you about what was going on when we went out yesterday. As we were driving past the high school there were cars parked all over, including on the middle island and parents were gathered in small groups looking towards the school. Police had all exits and entrances to the school property blocked and there were 3 news helicopters hovering over the school. You had to believe something terrible was happening. Finally found out what happened a bit later. Apparently a student brought a gun to school. He was immediately arrested by the officer assigned to that school, but they didn't know if there was anyone else involved, so the school went into a CODE RED LOCKDOWN. Kids started messaging their parents and the rumors started. At one point the story was that 3 students had guns, but one got caught. Someone else claimed that the police officer had been shot, blah, blah, blah... So easy to blow things out a proportion. Turns out that no one got hurt and that one student got arrested. During the height of it all, as a precaution, where our kids go to school went to CODE YELLOW. So glad it all turned out to be a minor incident, but I'm sure the parents were very concerned in view of what has happened at other schools in the past.

No cooking for me tonight. Jimmy picked up a few types of fish yesterday that he's going to make for dinner. He's really going to stink up the house!!! I know he got cod and tuna, but I forget what the third one was. I tasted the raw tuna last night and is was so delicious and fresh tasting. Can't wait to see how he's going to make it all tonight.

Poor Missy got home so late last night. Traffic was it's usual heavy self, plus it was raining very hard. Instead of getting home by 7, she didn't arrive until going on 8:30. Bert & I had already eaten by then, but the rest of them had to warm everything back up. They said it was all still good and that's the main thing, right?

Off to take a load of clothes out of the dryer and get the next load in. Have a special day, everyone! :)

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon all...had a nice lunch at the Italian Place with the pool group...but now I am ready for a nap...not used to eating so much so early in the day!

Lee, how hard is it to change cardiologists in Canada? Not sure I would want to stick with a Dr. who changes meds willy-nilly and doesn't take the time to answer questions in a non-patronizing manner! Hope you at least got to enjoy your History talk...

Kathie, I'm a bit confused...can you explain how you REALLY feel about the non-vaccinated priests?:) But I can totally understand how you feel....you work hard to maintain a bubble & be safe and here this guy interacts with everyone and doesn't even have a single shot....

Dave, Ice Cream for breakfast??? You are slipping for sure...I always thought you needed a "fiery" start to your day!
Good going on Kathi's part to get a Dr. appt the same as you...

Pat, Oh my goodness....I can only imagine how those poor parents felt with the school in code red lock down...glad everything ended up being ok!!
Our weather up here is actually pretty nice today...mostly sunny...and I've "heard" we are getting a cold snap next week....I am SOOOO ready for it!!

There were 12 of us for lunch today... had the Baked Ziti and a salad & have enough left for tonite...one of my friends had her brother bake a carrot cake for the Birthday couple and oh my...was it ever good!! Almost better than Publix!
Now I do think I am going to get off here for a little bit & maybe take a short afternoon nap....later gang!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Going to watch the Detroit news tonight to see if there’s a story about a very nice parishioner who has been kicked out of her church! How’s that garage floor coming Kathie?
The history of The Burg was very interesting. Some of the history in the 1920’s revolved around bootleggers, rum runners and failed automobile manufacturers. We have a couple more classes booked too!
I called rehab (cardiac) this morning and within 2 hours had a call back and a face to face meeting with their cardiologist on Sept 28. He’s seeing me right after my rehab session to assess the elevated heart rate post exercise. I can raise the meds question then but for the time being will stay on the lower dose. I will be asking him if he can suggest another cardiologist. Rumour has it that he is semi retiring but may be coerced into taking on one more guy. Especially when his “evil” twin brother was my urologist in Kitchener.

It sounds like your lunch was a great get together Karen. Good food, friends and leftovers!
That’s some scare at the school Pat. My gosh, all we ever had to worry about was getting pushed down by the school bully! That’s a long slow drive for Missy. Our day was a spectacular warm and sunny one.
Now Dave, is it acceptable to put hot sauce on Rocky Road ice cream? I mean, if a good balsamic is acceptable on ice cream why not hot sauce?
Heading out shortly with the pups for their evening walk.
You wonderful folks have a great rest of this fine Friday. Oh ya. And stay safe please.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Ha Ha.......I didn't see anything on the Detroit news about getting kicked out of the church. THEY WOULDN'T DARE! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: It's hard to find dummies to work as hard as I do for free.

Art would have loved to hear about The Burg's history. He loves stuff like that.
And the Garage Floor is still in the PATCHING process. Next will be more sanding of that stuff Art was spreading on the cracks today. He's making this WAY TOO DIFFICULT. And so far this is only 1 half of the garage. :oops:

It's muggy here tonight. We had to eat dinner inside because of that.

Off to Michigan State University to watch Ashley walk across the stage and accept her diploma tomorrow. Sure she graduated Dec, 2020 and they're just finally getting around to giving these kids a chance at THEIR 1 MINUTE OF FAME, but we're all glad she's decided to do it and not regret missing out when she gets older.

You all be good tomorrow. :emoticon 0152 heart:

Pat: I can't wait to slip in that "Well, BLESS YOUR HEART" saying to the new Priest one day. I'm sure he won't have a clue as to what I'm really trying to say to him. Ha Ha. Thanks for the tip.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Welcome to the last weekend of summer, Bunnies! And at least around here it'll be sunny with summer temperatures. Boo-Hoo, this next Wednesday will be the beginning of Fall.

Could get a little dicey at the Capitol in DC today. Especially if the protesters and counter protesters go at each other. But this time the police will definitely outnumber any troublemakers.

If nothing else Lee, you made me smarter yesterday. I had to look up "balsamic" just to see what you were talking about. People really put that stuff on ice cream?

Whether short or long, we all deserve a BEloved afternoon nap, KC. Sure I had ice cream for breakfast, that was my appetizer before my regular hot stuff.

BB; I just don't get why kids bring guns to schools or why schools are targeted for mass shootings.

Clever idea K2 for you getting a wire brush that you can put on a pole, to roughen up the garage floor. Did you show Art how to use it?
1f601.png

That doctor's appointment for both Kathi and I worked out beautifully. AND I got over $500 worth of samples for one of my most expensive prescriptions. (That's one month's supply.)

Thursday evening around 11, all 3 of our TVs quit working. And Friday morning we couldn't get on the internet either. But Friday morning the basement TV came back to life and this computer started working again. AT&T sent us a new router which should be here today. Which will hopefully get the other 2 TVs working. We'll see. Watching TV in the basement sitting in a plastic lawn chair sucks.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning!
Dave, I'm always here to help and enlighten everyone. The first time we heard about good balsamic on ice cream we said "sure..." Then we tried a little on a good quality vanilla bean ice cream and WOW! We also tried a little drizzled over fresh strawberries. Another treat for the taste buds. I sure hope that you can return to a more comfortable place to watch your TV! Technology...Bah humbug! Give me rabbit ears any day of the week.
I think that the story about the church lady got shuffled to the bottom of the news feed Kathie. I don't for one minute think of you as you described yourself. What I do see is a hard working lady who cares about her family, faith and friends. Now, you and Art enjoy your day watching Miss Ashley take to the stage to accept her diploma!

Almost better than Publix!
From what you have been saying about Publix lately Karen, that wouldn't be too hard.
So just how "fragrant" is your home after the big fish dinner Pat? Oddly enough, our washer just called me by name (ding ding) to come and swap a load into the dryer.
So, that's about all from here for now.
Everyone enjoy the day, be careful out there and watch out for the other guy.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Didn't expect to be getting on here at this time, but the Caddy decided to show us her age and has a problem with the electrical charging system, whatever that is. No shopping trip, no trip to the Grille or out for dinner until the car is fixed! :( It's going to be a long boring weekend around here.

Kathie - So glad Ashley decided to walk today. That's one of those once in a lifetime experiences that she would regret for years to come, unless she wants to get another degree. Happy to have been of service to remind you of that famous southern expression. Haven't gotten to use that very much any longer without Tony being here. God, I miss that guy.

Karen - So did you get that nap yesterday afternoon? Sounds like a nice group that went out for lunch. It's always fun to go with a big group of friends. Lots of chatting and plenty of laughs, I'm sure.

Dave - Balsamic vinegar has become popular and is used on so many things these days. You can get cheap stuff and you can get some very expensive varieties. Around here I rarely use it and it goes bad before I need it at times. For that reason, I don't buy the expensive variety. I did learn something different today on the computer. Did you ever hear of a BEER FLOAT? It's like a root beer float except is made with a stout, like Guinness, poured over good vanilla ice cream. Actually, that sounds really good and I might have to try that one of these days.

Lee - Surprisingly, the kitchen didn't smell too bad from the fish last night. Unfortunately, Jimmy overcooked the tuna, but the other fish was really delicious.

Time for some lunch! I'll be back later.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
We’re in SPARTAN COUNTRY! Go Green!
Went to the MSU Dairy Stire for good yummy ice cream made from milk from MSU Cows! Be back later.
927F36C2-B215-4674-8F08-373AF46B9767.jpegD2FDD929-56E0-42B9-9248-7876405C97D4.jpeg2A44A652-6765-49EE-9106-79C6FBE551F2.jpeg

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Inside the Breslin Basketball Arena!
A beautiful sea of GREEN!
CE35A85F-713F-44D0-8E48-DC6B18408855.jpegCE35A85F-713F-44D0-8E48-DC6B18408855.jpegCE35A85F-713F-44D0-8E48-DC6B18408855.jpeg3C8C2646-EFEA-4E36-87B3-6E1E0AAC2FD4.jpeg
Sorry for all the big pics! Proud Baba (Grandmother)!

Attachments

• 1DBA9373-6E0E-4F05-B49F-E2FC60184B6A.jpeg
    1DBA9373-6E0E-4F05-B49F-E2FC60184B6A.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 3

A’Burg Guy

A big day for all of you Kathie! Congrats again to Ash! We should have had a picture of three generations of the young ladies in the family!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Kathie, I don't blame you one bit for being a proud Baba! You have two very fine grandchildren and that's a rare thing these days! And Lee is right...where is the picture of you, Jill & Ashley?

Dave, well...you could always pretend you are camping when you are watching TV from your plastic lawn chair...ya know...roughing it....:D

Pat, do you think the Caddy is finally on it's way to being replaced or will Bert sink a few more dollars into it? Glad the fish didn't smell up the house to bad...I'll pass on the beer float...a shame to waste good ice cream....

Lee, we must have been on the same wave length this morning...I hadn't read your comment about looking out for the other guy...but luckily I WAS...2 different people within a space of less than 5 minutes pulled directly out in front of me this morning...the 2nd guy I had time enough to react & blow my horn at him...didn't phase him in the least!! By this time I was beginning to think I was driving an invisible truck!!

Nothing much going on today...I put the fall decorations out this morning...but it sure didn't feel very "fall" like...hot & muggy...then I did a few errands and came home...not a very exciting day here in the Villa's....I did have some of the Ohio sweet corn & tomato's my uncle brought us...MMMMM...good eating! I froze a couple small baggies of the corn to have this winter...now I think I am going to fix a cup of decaf coffee & have my piece of carrot cake that Deb dropped off for me after the part...carrots are a veggie so I'm having a "veggie" plate for dinner....enjoy the rest of your evening all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Just got in from a LONGggggg day! Wow, but it was a GOOD ONE!
Very tired right now and will catch up with you Wrabbits on Sunday!

Sleepy Good Night GIF by Fuzzballs

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hot diggety damn, the computer and all 3 TVs are working fine. The new router showed up before noon yesterday, but even after it was installed the 2 TVs that weren't working still didn't work.

And this is where Kathi showed that she has a lot more patience than me. She spent over an hour and a half on the phone with an AT&T tech changing settings and passwords to make everything work, like they used to do. (Still no reason found for the crash. The joys of technology.) After about 45 minutes I would have said, "ENOUGH, send out a tech and let them fix it! Charge me, I'll pay for it!"

Like you said Lee; "Technology, ba-humbug."

Great pictures from a proud Mom and Grandma, K2. But where was this proud granny in the pictures? Ah, THERE she is. And to top off your day was the Spartan's win on the football field.

Sorry to hear that you were grounded yesterday, BB. Sure hope there was enough wine in the house. Time now to get that electric Caddy?
1f914.png

KC; Next time you go out in your pick-up you might want to wear a helmet. And me even thinking about camping? Homey don't think so. My idea of roughing it is staying at a hotel without room service.

Hiya, Rita & Bill.

Today Kathi wants to take Fuzzbutt for a walk this morning. Just getting out her halter is enough to get her frantic to be taken out. I'm either going to weed or get on the treadmill. (No sitting in a plastic lawn chair to watch the boob tube this time.)

Sausage and sauerkraut for lunch.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good SUNDAY morning Wrabbit friends. Thanks for all the good wishes for our Ash! You all are the best extended family anybody could ask for.

It's Sunny and chilly up here in
PURE MICHIGAN! But it's suppose to warm up this afternoon. Hate these days. It's just putting off the inevitable ...WINTER!
Sick Hot Mess GIF by Denyse®

Pat: Bummer on the Caddy having MORE issues. And Dave.... my money is on that Bert will dump a few more hundred into getting it fixed and somehow JUSTIFY IT ALL. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:
If Bert treats Pat like he does his Caddy she has no worries about him ever exchanging her for a new model. Ha Ha. Just "kidding" with you Pat. Hope it all works out.

Dave Kathi did what I would have done. Sat in front of the TV with the phone in hand and tried all the things the tech told her to do. I usually do that around midnight when Art isn't around to look at me like "I'm NUTS". Glad it all worked out. Sure would be nice to know what the heck made that all happen to begin with.

Dave: Art will be the one using that new stiff wire brush. He already found the pole and attached it and it looks like it will do the job when needed. The project is his now. It involves PAINT and he really doesn't trust me with PAINT. Ha Ha.... lucky me.

Karen: Nothing better than some good CORN from UP NORTH. We'll be having some tonight for dinner. Our farmer said he's just about PICKED OUT for the season. Bummer. It was the best corn we've had in few years.
And that Carrot cake sounds like it was SPOT ON! I like Carrot Cake when it doesn't have too much THICK CREAM CHEESE frosting. Sometimes the frosting over-powers the cake! Glad you had a good time.

Lee: I picked up some Balsamic Vinegar last year at the Italian Veggie market on sale. I poured it in a pot and SLOWLY boiled it down to a thick consistency. I used it on salads and grilled meats. Never thought to try it on Ice Cream. Not sure I could do that. :oops:

College Football was good yesterday for the 2 MICHIGAN TEAMS. They both won. Not that we're ever cheering for (Univ of Mich) Ha Ha.
In this house it's GO GREEN all the way!

Not going to church today. Yup, I'm done until things improve over there.

And the Justice for J6 seems to have FLOPPED. All that money spent on getting those fences up and paying for OVERTIME security and not even the GOP members showed up. I was thrilled not to hear a thing about it until I opened the computer this morning. LESSS COVERAGE by the PRESS is the way to
suppress those idiots. And you wonder just how many hundreds of dollars those that showed up spent on food, lodging and transportation. Let's hope they don't try that again anytime soon. Even their token Leader little T didn't have much of anything to say about the entire protest. He's too busy pumping Bleach into his veins!

Okay, gang............I'm out of here for now. Have a safe and fun Sunday.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning/Good afternoon! I don't know which it will be by the time I post this!!

Kathie - Great pictures from Ashley's "walk". You all looked fantastic! I totally don't blame you for skipping church these days, Just too dangerous virus wise. Congrats on the MSU win. We have no choice but to get the car fixed. It can't be driven except to the repair shop which is a few miles away. I dread what the repair is going to cost, but it has to be done, so we can turn it in. We're hoping to find something new in the next month or so.

Dave - Speaking of cars, Bert looked up the price of the electric Caddy. Prices start at $59,000 for the very basic car and go up from there by the time you add in all the "toys". Bet a fully loaded one would go for about $90,000+ I don't think I'd even want one anyway. Glad your TVs are working and you don't have to sit on plastic chairs after all.

Karen - You beat me to it on getting out the fall decorations. Ours are right inside the garage door, but Bert hasn't brought them into the house, so I can get them up. Nice that you have those veggies from your uncle. Northern veggies taste so much better than what's grown here. Oops! I spoke too soon. Fall decorations just came out of the garage! Now I have to get to work!!

Lee - So what have you been up to today?

Seeing as how we are on "house arrest" without our car, there'll be no going out for dinner tonight. Instead we're having shrimp scampi thanks to having all the ingredients in the pantry or freezer. But now it's time for some lunch. Jimmy is up in the panhandle for the next couple of days working. Missy just took the kids to the Orlando Crayola Experience, as the kids have free passes for today. So Bert and I have a few hours alone, and unfortunately, can't go anywhere!! BooHoo!!

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone, and stay safe! :)

A’Burg Guy

And there's the pictures we were looking for! Thank you Kathie. What good looking families. You and Art have every right to be a Proud Baba and a Proud Deda. A good balsamic glaze goes with pretty much anything. I was very happy to not hear anything about the so called protest in DC yesterday. And that is a good thing.
It's always good to have some fun stuff you can fall back on in the freezer Pat. I hope that you warned the grandkids not to eat the crayons! Vehicle prices here are simply silly as well. That's if you can get a new vehicle because, so they say, of the computer chip shortage.
I think that I would have been on the phone even sooner than Kathi was Dave. It's funny. Bell Canada will send out stuff for you to hook up. Call to have a box replaced and they want to send a tech and a collect $75 bill. Until you fight with them that I hooked up the stuff originally so I'm more than capable of swapping out one box for another. Well now, this morning I did weed the one garden before it got hot AND hit the treadmill for 35 minutes.
My gosh Karen. A couple of close calls. I'm glad you channeled my advice and were looking out for the other guy! Lu-Ann put out her indoor Hallowe'en stuff. She has three pots of Mums our front and a big fall coloured bow on the Greyhound statue. I a couple of weeks I'll put out the outdoor Hallowe'en stuff. Hmmm. Wonder how many kids we'll get this year?
Best get changed. The folks that own the bookshop are putting on a concert in the gazebo in The Navy Yard. They have got a small version of the Windsor Symphony Orchestra playing. Be still my heart. Um. I mean. I can hardly wait...
I'll likely be too excited to type after this concert so I will talk to you all tomorrow!
Be good my friends.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just checking in from Rainy Belleview...nothing much happening around here today...went to Jane's & painted some cement flower edging for around her garden...got that done & then had some pool time for about an hour till the rains moved in...and it's pretty much been raining off & on all afternoon...catch up with all you fine people tomorrow!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: The pictures from the Navy Park Concert looked fantastic on Fbook. You're so lucky to live in that community and have things like that going on.
I have conflicting word that Sept 21st we won't have to get the 72 hr pre covid testing to go over to Canada. I called and talked to a person on duty at the Sarnia Border and he said he doesn't know ANYTHING ABOUT that happening. So I guess we just have to wait until Sept 21st to see what is going on. I know that you Canadians were suppose to be able to come over to the STATES on Sept 21st, but who knows what the heck is actually true or not.
Everything I Google is like reading GREEK. Doesn't tell you anything and has old dates on the pages. Crazy.

Karen: Nice that you got to get into the water for a little while before it rained. You sure have had enough rain lately down in Florida.

Pat: Bert has to get a tad more realistic when looking for a new or even used car. There's a lot of cars out there for much less than $59,000. Time to think of it as TRANSPORTAION not a POSSESTION!! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Good luck with the repair bill.

NEGC/RITA: How are things going with your search for a Florida place for next Season?

DAVE: Hope all the TV's are still working in your place. Gotta give Kathi a lot a credit for dealing with the internet service. I totally hate doing that, but Art would never try and fix it. He can barely turn on this big computer in the spare room!

We wanted to eat dinner by the water tonight and when we got to the place that was 1/2 hr away it was CLOSED FOR THE SEASON! Like give me a break. We went to another place and ate inside, but I really wanted to be outside. The food was good and so was the drink I ordered, but goodness it was pricey! Of course, that's what you get when you're on the WATER SIDE of TOWN!! Ha Ha.

Off to get my J's on and see what's on TV. I miss not being able to watch a few episodes of Bloodline. Gotta wait until next year to see the last Series.

Sleepy Night Time GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers